• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Water in ski locker

Chwtom

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Got a 2015 195 ho. Had it out for the first weekend and noticed that the ski locker fills with water when we run it.

Is this normal? Should I the bilge on when it's on the lift, or will the bilge passively empty over time?
It doesn't seem like the locker ever completely empties-- is that normal?

Thanks!

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
I have a 165, ski locker doesn't empty either. The hole is too high and the boat too flat. I just run the bilge when I accelerate and it does the trick. Not a big deal for me but slightly annoying yes.

wango tango

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
We ski every week and drip water all over the boat and I never seen water accumulate. If it was my boat I would Jack the trailer all the way up and drain out the access water, if need be use a shop vac and get residual water out. I take it back out and if filled with water again you might have a leak

Floyd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
My 195 seems to have a deeper v at the bow that makes the bottom of the ski locker lower than the bilge. After some rains I noticed that there was several inched of water in the locker. I accelerated the boat to raise the bow and waited for the water to drain from the locker while the bilge pump came on and presumably removed the water. After the pump quit I came off plane and watched the water return to the ski locker, or most of it anyhow. Why didn't the pump remove the water? Do I need to put a small auxiliary pump in the ski locker?

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
If you are getting water in your ski locker, especially while running the boat, you have a carbon seal issue. Please get that diagnosed and fixed asap.

Floyd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
I have added another tool to my boat. This tool has multiple uses, and it's cheap :
1. Vacuums water from the ski locker.
2. Can be used to flush debris or weeds from the impeller area.

http://pixel.nymag.com/imgs/daily/strategist/2016/10/14/14-plunger.w710.h473.2x.jpg

There are various models available. The one I have is royal blue, and it just fits inside the jet nozzle. I haven't tried it yet to remove weeds from the impeller, but after seeing how little bits or small leaves can cause severe vibrations it might work, possibly in conjunction with the reverse maneuver.