• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Water jet propelled boards and rc boats

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I've been looking for something new to occupy my time lately and found the following while surfing the web last night/ this morning. I thought some of you may be interested in these findings as well so here they are:

1. The hydro surf system: a four stroke powered sup that sells for $3k on ebay. The company owner is also willing to sell the company (based in FL), including the intellectual property/patent rights for $750k. To slow and bulky for my liking but still in my price range.

http://www.hydrojetdrivesystems.com

2. The wave jet system: an electric powered pod that can be put into proprietary surf / paddle boards and kayaks. The basic system sells for around $5k, takes 3.5 hours to charge and has a running life of about 35 minutes of continuos use per charge. I like this system because its electric and the boards and kayak can be used without the power pod but I doubt it will be very fast and the limited useful battery life makes it a little less desirable especially since a spare power pod costs $2,500.

http://wavejet.com/what-is-wavejet

3. Surf jet: someone else already posted about this, developed by a company based in the Czech Republic (I think). These are two stroke powered. Only three models are available and they can reach speeds of up to 35 mph. I really like these but I've read somewhere (not on the attached link) that they will cost around $15k each. I'm not willing to spend that kind of money, not yet anyway but it is equivalent to the price of a new high end 3 person pwc or two Seadoo sparks both with trailer.

http://www.jet-surf.com/en/

Last and least are rc boats that are jet propelled. The basic dyi system is $300. SLower but ready to run systems are available for just $60 or so. The drive units alone cost between $30 and $60. I'm not sure yet if I would buy a complete system or just a drive unit or two to modify rc hulls I already have including one from radio shack which is based on an ar230 ho. Top speed claimed on you tube is 92 mph. I like the idea of building my own and may buy two so that my son and I could build them and race them together. My problem here is not cost its my previous experience with rc boats. If /when they die or capsize on the water recovering them is a pita unless you have a rescue boat. I won't have my yammie or pwc close by in the off season. I could always use one rc boat to push the other but not really what I had in mind. I also ran across a pool version with a net for cleaning small items like leaves out of swimming pools that I'm thinking about buying for my brother and his young son.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RC-Jet-Boat-SPRINT-kit-with-28mm-KMB-Drive-and-700-12v-NEODYM-motor-/161236268079?pt=Radio_Control_Vehicles&hash=item258a6e342f

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NQD-757-rc-jet-boat-modified-100-waterproof-electronics-/301328740239?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item462897af8f

Anyway that's my insomniac driven rant for the weekend.

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
92 mph rc boats?! That sounds like a one time use sort of item!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I will try and find the video link on which the guy made the claim while playing wih the boat in the water. He claims that it was not excelerated and it looked like it was cooking but only short distances, acceleration was incredible. Being an electric that is water cooled I thought it could go all day and was only limited by battery life. I even saw a twin jet with what looked like original cobra fins in each nozzle.

cep022

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've got a few R/C boats... Non of them Jet drive though. As far as an RC boats running 92mph.... oh yeah they can. Non of mine though.

The all white one I have is a 57" 26 CC water Cooled Zenoah 2 stroke. It will run in the low 40's easy with the stock engine. It can be upgraded to exceed that.

The ones that run high speeds are all custom build "Riggers" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3Mj-NKR-AM

2012-03-29_12-18-07_650.jpg

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here are a links to the single and twin jet rc systems I mentioned.

I'm thinking of modifying this into a twin jet.

image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Check this one out, 200+ mph! under 4 seconds!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That first single jet video is bad ass! That boat is super quick -- I might have to start up a new hobby!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That's what I was thinking. I just gutted my ar230 model last night.

On the bigger project I'm leaning towards finding an old waveblaster my son and I can wrench on this offseason. Hopefully, we will have a spark like pwc when we are done as well as a lot of bonding time between us (assuming we don't kill each other during the process). I still like the idea of throwing a board In the back of the truck and hitting the water with it but just don't think I would get a lot of use from such a thing.