• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Water outlet (No water coming out)

MonctonR1

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Before I start to go crazy. I had the boat out for the first time in a few weeks (Weather has been shit) and I’m sure this summer when I had it running there would be a constant stream of water coming out the outlets which I beleive is for cooling. Today there was a little bit of stream out of one of the outlets but nothing out of the other. Should I be concerNed? Could it be a blockage or water pump damage?

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
could be a lot of things but normally not a bad issue,

watch this video from our FAQ section a member made to help you diagnose the problem,

Are you getting an overheat warning - if not then it's probably just a plugged tube between the engine and the outlet.

MonctonR1

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks, no overheat so may just keep going and see if anything happens before I store for the winter. Wish I had a temp guage ...

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Not sure where you live, but here in NC we have mud daubers that love to make nests in the pee holes. Try sticking strong weed eater string in the hole and see if it runs into something. I've also used the inside of a ballpoint pen (the part that holds the ink) to poke in there too. If you find a blockage, I've found that laying on my back under the seat and squeezing the line where the blockage is, helps to loosen it up to clear it.