• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

We Upgraded the Forum!!!

liopy

REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
PWC
Deleted - spam (no clue how this got in here!)

Last edited by a moderator:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yes, we upgraded the forum to the latest software version so that we could continue to get security patches! This is a lot of work, so bare with us please!!!! It has resulted in the replacement of lots of addons that we have, and re configuring them. Please be patient, we'll get it set up properly soon.

In the meantime, you will notice a few nice changes:

• The mobile view is much nicer and cleaner
  • The "New Posts" button will be your goto now. If you used to use the old "Recent Posts" (like me) and liked how it would show ALL posts, not just your unread ones. Just click the X next to the "Show Only: Unread: X" and you'll have that same view!
  • 1548111846820.png
  • The button in the lower right now works again (for go to top)!!
  • You will need to re-add your signature photos to your Signature. It doesn't have a photo upload option anymore (We'll look into that ASAP), but in the meantime, if you want a photo, upload your sig pic to the gallery and link to it with the photo icon at the top of the signatue editing block.
  • Try out "Your News Feed" under "What's New" or "New Posts" - I will see if that grows on me.
  • Post ratings are back online, and are now just One function - you may have noticed how "Likes" and "Post Ratings" were handled separately before. Now the forum sums them all up.
  • Post preview is nice...point your mouse at the title of a post and it gives you a preview
  • You can now rate comments in "Conversations" the same way you can in Threads (Like, Agree etc).
  • I added a new "Wide Style" (changable by clicking Style in the way bottom left of your screen) or clicking here. Please let me know if it has any issues (I'm not a pro with styles yet)

I'm sure there are more things we will learn and call out as we go. Thank you for your support as we adjust the forum, and thanks to Bruce for all the back end work keeping us safe and up to date!

We will update this post's list with things as we learn them!

Last edited:

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
What’s the difference between What’s New and New Posts?

I’m using my phone today and just keep clicking on the lightning bolt in the upper right, which loads What’s New.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Crlos16

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I like it 👍

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Beautiful Job!! Really looks great!!!

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes, we upgraded the forum to the latest software version so that we could continue to get security patches! This is a lot of work, so bare with us please!!!! It has resulted in the replacement of lots of addons that we have, and re configuring them. Please be patient, we'll get it set up properly soon.

In the meantime, you will notice a few nice changes:

• You will need to re-add your signature photos to your Signature. It doesn't have a photo upload option anymore (We'll look into that ASAP), but in the meantime, if you want a photo, upload your sig pic to the gallery and link to it with the photo icon at the top of the signatue editing block.
  • Post ratings are back online, and are now just One function - you may have noticed how "Likes" and "Post Ratings" were handled separately before. Now the forum sums them all up.
What is the criteria for signature pictures, I wasted too many hours trying to get it back. I just get this message no matter what I do.

20190124_072835.jpg

As far as the "Post Ratings"...not all of them have come back. I lost 130+. I recieved the 2000 like trophy on Dec. 24th and have 7 pages of ratings since. I had well over 2100, not 2008 as it shows. Dopamine withdrawals.;)

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
What is the criteria for signature pictures, I wasted too many hours trying to get it back. I just get this message no matter what I do.
I had to add a "/full" to the end of the sig pic url from my media album, which is the direct url to the image itself rather than the image pointer "inside the album structure". So instead of using https://jetboaters.net/media/signature-picture-zipper.jpg.5981 use
https://jetboaters.net/media/signature-picture-zipper.jpg.5981/full for the url to the image you are inserting.
That is what finally worked for me anyway - Hopefully that is helpful.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
As far as the "Post Ratings"...not all of them have come back. I lost 130+. I recieved the 2000 like trophy on Dec. 24th and have 7 pages of ratings since. I had well over 2100, not 2008 as it shows. Dopamine withdrawals.
The only answer I have on this issue is that the old post rating product was probably mis-counting the ratings. The new product did a recount when it retotaled everyone, there is no way to "fix" this count. The only thing I can think of is if we deprecated a rating.... @Bruce , I don't recall doing that...but perhaps others do?

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The only answer I have on this issue is that the old post rating product was probably mis-counting the ratings. The new product did a recount when it retotaled everyone, there is no way to "fix" this count. The only thing I can think of is if we deprecated a rating.... @Bruce , I don't recall doing that...but perhaps others do?
What happened to optimistic? I don't see that rating accounted for.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What happened to optimistic? I don't see that rating accounted for.
The rainbow (optimistic) icon was replaced with a nice boat and bummer dude became a row boat.

Spot checking some like counts is on my todo list but things like making the FAQ work again come first.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The rainbow (optimistic) icon was replaced with a nice boat and bummer dude became a row boat.

Spot checking some like counts is on my todo list but things like making the FAQ work again come first.
I noticed in the Configuration that the "Useful" rating is "Active" but not "Visible". It is the only one configured that way...not clear to me why (and I can see "Useful", so also not clear what "Visible" does)

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Thank You, I agree 100%. I dont know what happened, wish I had a screenshot.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I noticed in the Configuration that the "Useful" rating is "Active" but not "Visible". It is the only one configured that way...not clear to me why (and I can see "Useful", so also not clear what "Visible" does)
Not sure why that was. I switched Useful to visible.

Zipper had and sill has 16 useful ratings.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had to add a "/full" to the end of the sig pic url from my media album, which is the direct url to the image itself rather than the image pointer "inside the album structure". So instead of using https://jetboaters.net/media/signature-picture-zipper.jpg.5981 use
https://jetboaters.net/media/signature-picture-zipper.jpg.5981/full for the url to the image you are inserting.
That is what finally worked for me anyway - Hopefully that is helpful.
That was very, VERY helpful. Thank you!
lol

--

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Not sure why that was. I switched Useful to visible.

Zipper had and sill has 16 useful ratings.
I get the message. That sums up my 2 1/2 years and 1460+ posts here. It's been fun.

EDIT: Again, I posted before 7AM, usually when the caffeine kicks in.

Last edited:

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wide style is nice!!! Sure beats the Halloween style!