• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Welcome to the North Carolina Regional Forum!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Welcome to the North Carolina Regional forum. I'm Julian (also an Admin here on Jetboaters.net) and I live in North Raleigh and have a 2016 242X (which you can see from my signature, but many people visit Jetboaters.net on their phones and don't see signatures unless they turn their phones on their sides-tip!).

My boat lives in a slip on an Airdock lift on Falls Lake. I'm married with one older teen daughter and work in Healthcare IT.

I'm happy to help locals with problems with their boats, and may even get into this more seriously if I "retire" from my current job, as I have a passion for boats. Recently helped @PhilWilli get one engine going and more. I'm not one to tear an engine down....but can definitely help with everything up to that!

I've owned these boats for 20 years (3 models), and Yamaha invites the admins here to preview their new boats (under NDA) when they come out with new models.

Introduce yourself!

Last edited:

cam@LKN

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Welcome to the North Carolina Regional forum. I'm Julian (also an Admin here on Jetboaters.net) and I live in North Raleigh and have a 2016 242X (which you can see from my signature, but many people visit Jetboaters.net on their phones and don't see signatures unless they turn their phones on their sides-tip!).

My boat lives in a slip on an Airdock lift on Falls Lake. I'm married with one older teen daughter and work in Healthcare IT.

I'm happy to help locals with problems with their boats, and may even get into this more seriously if I "retire" from my current job, as I have a passion for boats. Recently helped @PhilWilli get one engine going and more. I'm not one to tear an engine down....but can definitely help with everything up to that!

I've owned these boats for 20 years (3 models), and Yamaha invites the admins here to preview their new boats (under NDA) when they come out with new models.

Introduce yourself!
Hi Julian,
My name is Cam. I am a first-time Yamaha owner (210 FSH Sport) that I have owned for approaching two years. I live on Lake Norman. I grew up in on the East coast of FL and was around saltwater outboards most of my childhood.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Good day everyone, our family of 3 has been boating 4 yrs, the Yamaha SX190 we have was our first and still current boat. We trailer to Lake Norman and Belews Lake and live in the Piedmont Triad. Want to explore Jordan, Falls and other lakes as well. We do a lot of swimming but my daughter is beginning to enjoy tubing and water sports. I love the ease of maintenance on our Yamaha. We’d love the opportunity to meet other families that enjoy this hobby / lifestyle.

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Live in Harnett county. Picked up our 21' FSH 195 Sport August of last year and have about 50 hours on it so far. Spend time at Harris and Jordan lakes as well as out towards the coast on the Neuse river and Emerald isle. Will probably be upgrading to a larger FSH at some point.

CarolinaJet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello! I live in Apex and my 2021 AR210 is my first boat, picked it up in April of 2021. I wanted to get into boating for several years and we rented a few pontoons here and there but it took COVID to convince the admiral :). I didn’t grow up around boats so have followed a steep learning curve and this site has been an invaluable resource.

We store the boat five mins from home and go to Jordan most often, then harris, and have done a few trips to falls. Mostly we pull the kids and their friends on a tube but we are working on getting into wakeboarding.

I want to continue to venture further from home- Kerr lake, lake Gaston, smith mountain, and the intracoastal waterway - when schedule permits

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Live in Jacksonville. You can find me anywhere between Cape Lookout and Wilmington. Most of the time I'm between the Sneads Ferry area and Swansboro. On my third Yamaha over the last 14 years. I have a owned a 06' SX210, 2010 AR240 and currently a 2019 242 LSE.

Michal

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Hi everyone! I'm Mike. On my second boat and first Yamaha for the last few years. We live in Hampstead (between Jacksonville and Wilmington). Frequent the New River in Jacksonville (Seen @redthumper9 zoom by a couple of times) and the ICW. I'm married and we have a 13 year old boy. Spend lots of time in Hertford NC on the Yeopim River and the Albermarle Sound as well. 2019 SX195.

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I want to continue to venture further from home- Kerr lake, lake Gaston, smith mountain, and the intracoastal waterway - when schedule permits
Kerr Lake is on the high list for us, we camp there alot and we want to take the boat soon.

Jboat_J

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Hi everyone! My name is Jon and I live in Charlotte. My wife and I really enjoy Lake Norman. We have a deposit down for a 2023 boat, but between the lingering supply constraints and our debate between the ‘19 and ‘22 SX models, we may be sidelined for another year.

I grew up on my parent’s Yamaha LS2000 which was a blast. My experience is a big reason I’m keen on getting a jet boat. I love the improvements Yamaha has made over the years, and it still appears to be one of the best value boats on the water.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hi everyone! I'm Mike. On my second boat and first Yamaha for the last few years. We live in Hampstead (between Jacksonville and Wilmington). Frequent the New River in Jacksonville (Seen @redthumper9 zoom by a couple of times) and the ICW. I'm married and we have a 13 year old boy. Spend lots of time in Hertford NC on the Yeopim River and the Albermarle Sound as well. 2019 SX195.
Ha! Where do you usually see me? And why do you spend time in the New River living in Hampstead? It's beautiful down that way.

Michal

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Ha! Where do you usually see me? And why do you spend time in the New River living in Hampstead? It's beautiful down that way.
I've seen you a couple of times before the bridge going down towards the inlet. We go up and down the river to get away from the craziness of the ICW. The last couple of times we went out there it seems the oysters are doing an awesome job with filtering. I was able to see bottom. Not a great video or anything, but this was a couple of months ago just chilling on both sides of the bridge. Spending our Sunday on our Yamaha SX 195. River connected to the ICW. Best of both worlds!

Michal

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Hi everyone! My name is Jon and I live in Charlotte. My wife and I really enjoy Lake Norman. We have a deposit down for a 2023 boat, but between the lingering supply constraints and our debate between the ‘19 and ‘22 SX models, we may be sidelined for another year.

I grew up on my parent’s Yamaha LS2000 which was a blast. My experience is a big reason I’m keen on getting a jet boat. I love the improvements Yamaha has made over the years, and it still appears to be one of the best value boats on the water.
Don't give up hope :) . That new 22SX looks amazing!

Joshua Miller

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
Another Jacksonville boater, at least for now (active duty military). Spend most days up in the New River since the boat launch is 10 min from my house. Neuse River and ICW as well. Try to go inland from time to time to live the lake life--Falls, Kerr, and Lake Hickory earlier this year on the advice to stay away from Norman on weekends.

Family and I love NC!

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How busy do you think tomorrow will be for Labor Day weekend, I observed a slow down on the lake in August but weather looks good tomorrow...

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I've seen you a couple of times before the bridge going down towards the inlet. We go up and down the river to get away from the craziness of the ICW. The last couple of times we went out there it seems the oysters are doing an awesome job with filtering. I was able to see bottom. Not a great video or anything, but this was a couple of months ago just chilling on both sides of the bridge. Spending our Sunday on our Yamaha SX 195. River connected to the ICW. Best of both worlds!
Nice! Hope to see you out sometime....

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

I PM’d you.

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi Carolinian group.
Based in CLT, but keep the 2010 Ar240 up at Lake James. Experienced freshwater boater that grew up on the Great Lakes, West Michigan side. Happy to meet with everyone and connect.
Lake James is beautiful, quite a haul from Piedmont Triad but I went once and loved it.

tbg0519

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
We are mainly out on Hyco with ours. 1st jetboat I've had, but have been driving boats of all shapes and sizes for 40+ years. I still have my nearly 30 year old Yamaha Wave Raider too for tooling around when I don't want to take the boat out. We also do hit Kerr lake on occasion, since my family has a place there, but somewhat of a hike from Roxboro.