• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Well it isn't much but getting into the fishing game....

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Actually got given to me. My parents bought this boat because it had a brand new 50 horse Johnson motor on it that they swapped motors with the one on their pontoon. Nice little fishing rig, everything works, flat bottom newer carpet. I need to replace bunk boards and carpeting but other then that a real solid not dinged up aluminum boat.

20150628_155552.jpg

20150628_155611.jpg

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow! Nice score, I love those boats. Great fishing set-up what with the trolling motor and all. Get a good battery set-up and you'll be good to go :winkingthumbsup"

sstegh

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Some bags and a wedge, it could have potential.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I am itching to get this thing out but with my schedule and my weekends with the big boat it will be hard to do anything on the weekends.

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice looking boat. We have been trying to fish from the Yamaha but I think we need a smaller boat for that as well.

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That's a cool little fishing boat. When I was in high school, my buddy had a Tracker 17 foot boat that looked almost exactly like that. His had a 60 horse merc on it and it would easily run high 40s. We caught a lot of bass off of that thing!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The oldest daughter and I took it out to an all electric lake the other day ( paddle power or trolling motor ) and caught some real nice bluegill. She is proud that she caught more then I did. :)

20150712_142734.jpg

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Get used to it, my daughters all routinely out fish me and they never let me forget about it! It is actually a very nice problem to have. :)

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Depending on how far you are from your play/fish location... you might consider taking both for the weekend. We do that if we are taking 2 vehicles. Fish in the wee hours of the morning. Play until about 3:30-4PM in the afternoon and then go finish off the night after dinner fishing until the sun goes down.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For some of us the two are the same. Salmon fishing on the Columbia River. Two rods stacked on one downrigger placed in the table receiver on the swim deck. Maybe someday I'll have a picture with an actual fish in it. Please pay no attention to the bungee cords acting as a replacement to my lost bimini boot!

20150713_201011.jpeg