• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Well this didn't take long...they are coming for our guns!

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just saw that earlier today. Seems the best way to deal with that is to make sure it never makes it out of the House. I didn't see this in there, but that'll prolly be added if it makes it to the Senate

123238602_367550351237192_4342324916800301045_n.jpg

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
HR 127 is so broad and moronic it will never pass. Just one more catalyst to freak people out and get them stirred up to go buy guns and ammo before........... Don't get me wrong I'm a gun owner. But if they really wanted to make some kind of change to magazine size or gun type, they would just outlaw the manufacturing of it. Imagine if that happened? Ammunition would be the new Bitcoin! It's already happening for the most part. 9mm is selling and trading for 3X what it was prepandemic.

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read. Sadly this is only the beginning.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, you know what's next... right...? They are coming for your boat.
A proposal HR 127 YJB is being crafted, the purpose of it is to make fins MANDATORY for all Yamaha jet boats!

(just kidding)

In all seriousness though, I wouldn;t lose sleep over it, not really as ominous as the thread title. Not new, the exact bill was introduced two years ago; the chances of this bill advancing are... vanishingly low.

1612529839857.png

@zipper - I simply traded all my 10+ mags before my recent move, made some money actually.
:cool:

--

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
@swatski Haaa I think you misread the proposal they are trying to outlaw fins that provide steering at all speeds and steering that provides control with no thrust like the ones you have , the reasoning is jet boats are not very precise nor can they turn really quickly with confidence and accuracy so with the full time fins they can be very dangerous weapons capable of turning on a dime running wide open and even stay in control when rapidly decelerating so in the water they are a deadly weapon if used against people in the water swimming if an assailant wishes to make a terrorist attack at a crowded beach.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
This is sponsored by Shiela Jackson Lee from Texas. Probably the dumbest politician in history!

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Something like this is tried every year and never gets any traction. The problem is that as a country we get closer and closer every year to something like this being possible.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
HR 127 is so broad and moronic it will never pass. Just one more catalyst to freak people out and get them stirred up to go buy guns and ammo before........... Don't get me wrong I'm a gun owner. But if they really wanted to make some kind of change to magazine size or gun type, they would just outlaw the manufacturing of it. Imagine if that happened? Ammunition would be the new Bitcoin! It's already happening for the most part. 9mm is selling and trading for 3X what it was prepandemic.
This - HR 127 is basically a campaign election bill - a "see what I tried but the terrorists in the GOP rejected it..." It has zero to zero chance of getting out of committee.

However, I will say that this pressure will continue over the next two years. If (when) we get our next mass casualty "shooting event" at a school or public venue, and the guy is white, and he used a black rifle, then they will push hard.

So be ready to go to war with the grabbers in the next two years!

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Vermont, used to be one of the fewest gun restrictioned states in the country. But after a rash of school shooting Nationally and one that did not happen here, he just posted a threat. They have restricted magazine capacity to 10 rounds. Well our personal carry Springfields and Rugers came with State approved 15 round clips at the time. Unless they want to send me new 10 round clips for both the guns, I will sill use what I have but only keep 10 rounds loaded. Pushing it to 15 can damage the spring anyway. So now I just keep a few of clips of 10 nearby.
I don't think they will bother with my Remington 742 Woodsmaster 308 hunting rifle. 3 in the clip, 1 in the chamber. Multiple clips there too.

View attachment 141545
Wait, you follow the gun laws? Why?

When you make me a felon for simply owning the wrong looking thing, then f it, I'm drilling third holes and machining sears...

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I have always said if you want more criminals just make more laws

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Didn't lose anything. Don't need or want either.

Both solving problems I don't have.
Like I said sorry for your loss.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
HR 127 is a bill with a single sponsor and no cosponsors. It has little chance of ever becoming law but is a strong motivator for identifying supporters and separating them from their cash.

I am pro Second Amendment but need to ask you to keep the politics off of our forum.

Thanks

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What a great thread... :banghead:.... ostentatiously political, inflammatory, yet uninformed and whiny. Started by a sanctimonious bragger playing a victim. A new addition to my ignore list. I don't want to come here to get triggered, I need a safe place.

This forum has pretty simple rules. Why not enforce them.

--