• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Well chalk that up to one place I'll never order from again

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
As a follow up, I can definitely PROVE they didn't have it in stock, as I placed the order on May 27, and according to the manufacturing tag, it was actually made on May 31. Hey, at least I know it's fresh...
I think from now on I'm going to just call boats.net when I order. That way I can get an accurate account if it's actually in stock as opposed to their ships in 2-3 days option. Granted they've been good about keeping me up to date on timelines.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Finally got my new canvas! The dots are 303 fabric guard bubbles. I hung it up in my shed to spray it and let it cure over night last night. Can't wait to put it on today and head out for a cruise after work. Glad I can just put this whole thing behind me now and get back to boating.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
LOLOLOLOLOLOL Man I can't even buy a break. One of the zippers on the rear piece of canvas is sewed on backwards.

Something doesn't seem right

Dammit! Here's the old grey one.

Fortunately customer service from boats.net is spectacular again. Called them up, told them what was going on, and they said hmmmm well sorry we'll get a new one out to you. So I should have a return label emailed to me here shortly. Shit happens, even on an OEM yamaha part. Fortunately it's just the back bimini part.

It's not all the way down, letting it sit in the sun to loosen up some. Black was def the way to go.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks good, black definitely a great choice

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
A good seamstress can change that around quick but glad they are taking care of it.
We had our bimini modified over winter cant wait to see how it turned out but when they know what they are doing it's amazing!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
LOLOLOLOLOLOL Man I can't even buy a break. One of the zippers on the rear piece of canvas is sewed on backwards.

Something doesn't seem right
View attachment 97379

View attachment 97380
Dammit! Here's the old grey one.
View attachment 97381

Fortunately customer service from boats.net is spectacular again. Called them up, told them what was going on, and they said hmmmm well sorry we'll get a new one out to you. So I should have a return label emailed to me here shortly. Shit happens, even on an OEM yamaha part. Fortunately it's just the back bimini part.

It's not all the way down, letting it sit in the sun to loosen up some. Black was def the way to go.
View attachment 97382
Looks good! I didn't realize an extension like that would be available from factory, I've been looking to add some extension like that up front but there is definitely nothing factory like that for my boat. Did you get the poles/frame for that from Yamaha as well?

--

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Looks good! I didn't realize an extension like that would be available from factory, I've been looking to add some extension like that up front but there is definitely nothing factory like that for my boat. Did you get the poles/frame for that from Yamaha as well?

--
Yeah this is all OEM Yamaha for this year. My boat already had all of it, I just replaced the canvas. This is the old grey one, which is also OEM.

A good seamstress can change that around quick but glad they are taking care of it.
We had our bimini modified over winter cant wait to see how it turned out but when they know what they are doing it's amazing!
They could, BUT I didn't want to deal with that hassle.....especially considering since it wasn't cheap.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Well after having several bimini pieces sent and boats.net getting Yamaha involved its finally done. Yamaha at one point tried to say they never made a back bimini for this boat that it was all one piece. After I sent some pics and said try again they then came back and said oh well now there's a back order on the rear bimini until middle of Sept. Boats.net said we hate to do this but how about we refund you the money to go get it fixed at an upholstery shop? After dealing with it for a month I agreed that was the best course of action. So took it to the shop that has done work for me in the past and completely reworked the zippers. They said the way OEM was laid out didn't make any sense. Said this should be easier on me. They moved all the catches to one side. OEM was some on one and some on the other, which is why it was hard for them to get me a part that matched up. Anywho, it's all done. Boats.net was super helpful throughout this whole process and were very gracious I was patient. Glad this is finally over. Now need the sun to come out and loosen this up a bit so I can get it pulled down all the way.
20190803_092032.jpg20190803_092047.jpg