• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What’s your favorite vender for RideSteady?

ourlee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
Is there a dealer network or just one source?
thx Rick

ourlee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
He and I just exchanged emails. Before I buy anything for the boat I’m going to check here for vendors that this community supports. Like buying local, kind of. :)
thank you for getting back to me.

gallobg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'll echo the other comment. Justin at Hydrophase has been excellent to work with and is highly responsible to emails. I believe he is located in Austin, Texas and designed the product himself.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Buy directly from RS. Their support system is awesome (just send an email and an actual human replies!) - buy it with confidence, best mod you can do to your boat.

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Is it really worth the $1449.99?
We sell direct. Thanks for the kind words from everyone! :) We wouldn't be around if it weren't for y'all.
Do you offer a military discount? ☺

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If you do any sort of water sports towing (surf, tube, ski, wake board, etc), it's worth every penny. ;)
As of right now we do a lot of tubing, and my boys are getting interested in Wake surfing. I mainly like to cruise on the ICW and plan on trolling offshore.

It sounds like exactly what I need, the factory cruise control is hot garbage and my throttle just slip and slide when every they feel like it. Very frustrating.

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Might need Justin to verify, but I think there is a minimum speed/rpm that RideSteady will go. Maybe 5mph when the system kicks in to control the speed? Since you mentioned trolling I just wanted to point that out just in case that speed was too fast for your trolling needs.

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Might need Justin to verify, but I think there is a minimum speed/rpm that RideSteady will go. Maybe 5mph when the system kicks in to control the speed? Since you mentioned trolling I just wanted to point that out just in case that speed was too fast for your trolling needs.
Ah, that would make sense for the GPS accuracy. Yea I usually troll between 5-7 knots, so 5mph min would be fine.

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The minimum set speed is 8 MPH. Could be a bit fast for trolling. 4000 is the minimum settable RPM speed (in RPM mode).

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
As of right now we do a lot of tubing, and my boys are getting interested in Wake surfing. I mainly like to cruise on the ICW and plan on trolling offshore.

It sounds like exactly what I need, the factory cruise control is hot garbage and my throttle just slip and slide when every they feel like it. Very frustrating.
Ridesteady won't overcome your throttles levers slipping. If they slip, Ridesteady will slow down. It will, however, allow you to set your throttle levers in a more forward position where they're less likely to slip.

ourlee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
I’ll buy from you if you allow me to couch surf during south by Southwest :)

im rohr etc

ever see Shakey? an austin boy

Last edited:

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
definitely looking forward to adding this to my boat in the offseason.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is it really worth the $1449.99?

Do you offer a military discount? ☺
I got in early so I paid a bit less, but we use it literally everytime we're out for one watersport or another. I'll never stop recommending it to people. GPS speed control is essential for boarding, surfing, and skiing. Think of it as though you just save $10-14k in an E-Series and even more when you factor the divorce... it's a worthy investment!