• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What 2 stroke oil do you all use? and Throttle question.

Yamanator

Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Do any of you have specific oil you like using? Also do you take out oil from last year and put in new oil? Just curious about this as other 2 stroke applications seem to have a lot of discussion about this.

Secondly, I have a 2005 AR210. My starboard side throttle has to be held or it flops back to idle. There's a crack in the plastic top. I haven't dug into it yet because I'm kind of afraid of breaking the plastic more and it works you just have to keep your hand right on it.. Is there a way to tighten this? Thanks.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No need to remove 2-cycle oil annualy. I use quicksilver in everything but the snowmobile.

For the throttle go to FAQ and there's a writeup about it.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I use Klotz ski craft.

Yamanator

Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
As a follow up question where do you buy it as well? They didn't even have it at my local dealership.

Yamanator

Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That's for 4 strokes. I have a 2stroke. I believe it's a different throttle assembly.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
As a follow up question where do you buy it as well? They didn't even have it at my local dealership.
I buy the Klotz through eBay or Amazon third party.

Been thinking of switching to Super M injector only because it’s available through Amazon Prime and I can get it quicker when I forget to order ahead. But I like the smell of Klotz. I started using it because wife complained that the Penzoil from Walmart was giving her a headache.

Yamanator

Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I buy the Klotz through eBay or Amazon third party.

Been thinking of switching to Super M injector only because it’s available through Amazon Prime and I can get it quicker when I forget to order ahead. But I like the smell of Klotz. I started using it because wife complained that the Penzoil from Walmart was giving her a headache.
That was the other question I was going to ask. Which smells best lol.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
00C11104-025A-49A2-918B-836E1895472E.png

Yamatuf