• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What a jacked up Thanks Giving this was for me. My Mom just tested positive for COVID.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Although there are stil, two days left in this long Thanks Giving weekend I woke up this morning thinking about what’s happened so far and wondering if I should cancel the rest of my plans and hide at home instead to preclude things from getting worse.

1.My wife ordered a TG day meal package from honey Baked ham which included a turkey, ham, prime rib and all the fixings. It was supposed to arrive on wednesday, it didn’t, nor was it delivered on TG Thursday or even yesterday. I doubt it will come today, this is the sixth time we have ordered this meal but only the first time it was not delivered on time. Of coarse we called and emailed the company but got nothing but the same status since Wednesday,“It’s on a delivery truck in our city.”

2. My Mom canceled her Thanks Giving / husbands B day party this year because of COVID even though she had already spent thousands preparing for it (lots of home improvement).

3. My Wife, Son and I still had enough food to eat a proper dinner with some close family members. All of us agreed that we have a lot to be thankful for, especially our current good health and employment. Our five guests arrived around 6p but had to leave at 9:30 to Comply with the 10P curfew.

4.Yesterday, the day after TG day, my 73 year old mother, A semi retired career Registered Nurse, texted me that she has tested positive for COVID. Although she does not have a fever or shortness of breath she is understandably “a bit” concerned. Meanwhile my bother and I feel helpless. We can’t / shouldn’t visit her while she is self quarantining and we won’t be allowed to visit her if she checks into a hospital. When I spoke to her yesterday I got her to promise that she would let us know if she developed a fever, had a hard time breathing or was planning to check into a hospital because we know the general outcome of senior citizens that check into hospitals suffering from COVID. She was negative on Monday, felt like crap and tested again on Wednesday, the positive result came in on Friday. She thinks she got it at work (she Works two to three days a week at convalescent hospital And could have fully retired years ago but wants to hit her 25 year wo”rk anniversary there next year so she can collect on the free car (up to $40k in value) that management employees receive on 25 years of service).

5.Tomorrow my bother is picking my son and I up to go jeeping / crawling at Hollister (a 4x4 hot spot not far from where I live). None of us have been there and it will be my Son’s first off roading experience But given what’s happened so far this weekend I’m not feeling motivated to go and would not object if my brother cancelled the trip Today or early tomorrow at the last minute.

One more thing I’m thankful for this year is that this year is almost over. Hopefully next year will be better.

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
2020 is a hard year and its testing our resolve. I find its easier to power through when I can remember to be thankful for everything that we have. I wish best of luck to your mother. You can help by preparing healthy food, bringing essentials to her while she is in quarantine, and frequently checking up on her.

My 36 year old sister just had corona and the symptoms lasted 1 week. She described it as a regular cold and she was fine. Her coworkers at her medical office were great. An indian woman brought her butter chicken curry (i'm jealous of this, I love this dish lol), and the other woman teamed with her husband to fry a turkey and bring a complete thanksgiving dinner to my sister and her family.

Happy thanksgiving.

robby76

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My prayers are with her and your family. Don’t be a stranger, drop by even to look thru the window or glass door. The power healing comes from seeing the light, that of family members support.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm sorry to hear about your mom, i hope she recovers quickly, it definitely makes me reset what holidays are about,

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
as hard and as terrible this might sound, you and your brother need to stay put and not visit ( period). This is how this shit spreads. Besides emotional support and you feeling better your presence has no value added. I cannot imagine a mother would want put her kids/grandkids in danger.

Unfortunately it is too early for her to have fever and it almost an avoidable that she will have some. The longer it takes for symptoms to progress to the next stage that better her chances. I hope to hear hear your update in a couple of weeks that she is symptom free.

Please try to be rational, worse case scenario covid19 will take 20 years of your life, but you or your kids, it is 70 years you will be risking. Please try to hunger down.