• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What am I missing?

Lakanooky

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I currently have a starter/learner bowrider I am selling. I learned a lot since this is my first boat. But, I fell in love with the FSH 210 and have been working hard to payoff debts so I can buy a new one this summer.

My problem is that every person who knows boats, owns boats, or works on boats tells me its a mistake getting a jet boat. They say things like "Good luck with that" or "I wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole". However, they cant tell me why they feel like that and I cant find anything online to tell me why they feel that way.

So, you that own jet boats...what am I missing?

SoftballBryan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
They just aren’t as established as the other types and the early jet boats were not as good.

Jetboats are still different but they are vastly improved from their earlier parents.

I would suggest you get on a jet and take a ride. They are louder, they steer a bit differently... other things as well. But they steer superbly once you get used to it. They are fun as hell to drive. They are extremely reliable and are easy engine by design. You’re cost of ownership will be lower. Facts... but you’re resale will probably be lower... so I could go on and on. Does the jetboat fit you’re top 5-10 wants in a boat? If so, you’re gonna be pleased.

All boats/designs are a compromise.... many many people have jetboats here in oc Maryland, partially due to a great service facility near us...

I’d not worry too much about what others say... do your research, take some test drives and relax and enjoy.

If you want to talk more, please email me: softballbryan@yahoo.com

I’m just a regular guy with a boat... not a salesman or employee of any marine company.

My YouTube channel: Salt Life Adventures

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Where are you at?
Where will you boat?
what type of fishing will you be doing?

Whatever type of boat you buy, don't buy it until you operate it in the water so you know what to expect and don't have buyer's remorse.

There are valid reasons not to get a FSH but without knowing more about your situation it's just speculation,
The fact that your friends can't give you a reason why is enough not to value their opinion,

Lakanooky

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
All good points. I am in Pensacola, Fl. My girlfriend and I bought the bowrider because it was cheap, but we ended up realizing we love fishing from it and a bowrider is not made for fishing. We usually only go out with another couple but have never had more than 5 on the boat at once.

As for test drives, there is only one dealer anywhere near us, and they don't do test drives. They only had one FSH 210 Sport there until recently and they were not putting it in the water until they had a buyer.

Your statements were pretty much what I already thought, but before I dropped $50K on a boat I wanted to double check.

Thanks!

orexismd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have a 2019 FSH sport. It's my first boat so i do not have anything to compare it to. Thus far I have really enjoyed this boat! I have mainly done inshore fishing for reds and speckled trout in the Louisiana marshes and Lake Pontchartrain. I have taken 8 in the boat in small 1-2 foot waves to the MS barrier islands and it handled beautifully. Have yet to do any water sports on it. Have yet to take it offshore but plan on fishing some rigs for snapper with conditions permitting. The biggest drawback iv'e experienced is the low speed bow wander, but hope that gets fixed when the Thrust Vector wake comes in. At speed it feels quite sporty. I bought this boat as a jack of all trades - to fish, enjoy watersports with the kids (plan on getting some video wake surfing- we'll see..) and family outings/hanging out at the beaches. I would be more than happy to take you out and let you test drive it before making such a commitment. NOLA isn't too far away, or we could meet somewhere in the middle ~ gulfport/Biloxi.

- Alex

Grassman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If you put down a $500 deposit they will take you out on the boat, then get your deposit back if you don't like it. But I'm in Foley, AL. If you're in the area let me know and I can take you out on mine with a little heads up. And pm me and I can tell you my experience with the local dealer. 2018 210 FSH Sport

Last edited:

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
What boat they want you to buy? Sure there are better boats but at what price and how much more are you willing to spend for an ultimate fishing machine?

brownjjst

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
If you put down a $500 deposit they will take you out on the boat, then get your deposit back if you don't like it. But I'm in Foley, AL. If you're in the area let me know and I can take you out on mine with a little heads up. And pm me and I can tell you my experience with the local dealer. 2018 FSH Sport
I'm in Douglasville Ga stop by for a ride as well!

Blindduck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I’m with grassman on the invitation. Let me get my impeller installed and the first hot weekend we can meet and you can make a valid decision on how you really like it.

Lakanooky

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thank you all so much for the invitation for a ride. I will PM you for details. I think I will go with the locals on that. I appreciate the invite, but I think I will go with Grassman or Blindduck since they live so much closer.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What a great community. Good luck with the test drives! Be sure to report back what you think.

Lakanooky

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
What boat they want you to buy? Sure there are better boats but at what price and how much more are you willing to spend for an ultimate fishing machine?
They didn't want me to buy any boat. After a couple years of research and dreaming, the FHS 210 Sport is the one I have my heart set on. Many plusses, very few negatives, if any.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I wouldn't buy any boat without a test drive.....period! If your dealer won't give you one, then find another that will.

Non-jet boat owners all poopoo jet drives....its pretty pathetic really.

That said, Jets are not for every application. If trolling on your FSH is important - you must try that on one before you buy.