• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What ANNOYS you? Pet peeves and annoyances?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
There are all kinds of driving habits that annoy some of us more than others, and was in a discussion last night with guys at my daughters swim meet (they won!) and it made me think a pet peeves thread might be interesting. We covered the following driving ones last night:

1. Not using turn signals (seems like the skipped teaching this in North Carolina)
  2. Coming to a complete stop in a merge lane rather than matching the speed of the traffic and merging
  3. Lane ending and merge peeves...this one was split into two camps:
    1. First camp....those who don't like people who use the empty lane and drive to the front
    2. Second camp...those who are baffled why people don't use the empty lane -it was paved for a reason. This has been the discussion for traffic engineers world wide. England created the "Zipper Merge" to solve for this and it has been very successful. MN tried to copy the zipper merge and it failed miserably (because they didn't change the lines on the road!). Concept is--both lanes end and merge to one new lane in the middle.
  4. Using center turn lane to turn into and then merge into traffic (this one was new to me....I do this ALL the time exiting my office- didn't know this pissed people off...but still do it)

For those with kids.....how about lights left on???? LOL

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
People who post EXCITING NEWS about Wake surfing in a straight line on a Yamaha, and tell me I have to wait 30 days to find out. . . . @sx210owner @jcyamaharider = )

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Lol.........we deserve that....:oops:

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Drivers who don't use a turn signal.
People who read out loud what they're typing in an email or letter.
Kids who tease dogs through a fence.
People who drink directly out of the milk/orange juice container.
Couples who sit on the same side of the booth when there is no one on the other side.
Parents who bring their young kids to R rated films.
People that don't use coasters.
People who blame anything but themselves for THEIR failure.
People who sit next to you on public transportation even when there are other seats available.
Noisy eaters.
Students who prolong class by asking the most inane questions.
Women who wear jewelry that clinks and clacks and makes noise when they're at their desk or keyboard. When people take 20 napkins, use one, then throw them all away.
Going through the drive thru, then having to go back when they screw your order up.
People walking around in ridiculous 'fashionable' shoes that are clearly hurting their feet.
Whenever anyone says "Ya, know what I'm sayin"...
Using speaker phones in public areas at work.
Roadmaps that aren't folded correctly.
Finding a shoe and not finding its mate next to it
Made up car names that are not even real words.
People who are mean to animals.
When a person makes a sucking noise with a straw when the cup becomes almost empty.
People with bad table manners.
People that snoop.
People who read the paper while driving.
People that interrupt you when your telling a story and then they continue to tell you their story and then ask you in an uninterested tone to continue on with your story when they are finished talking.
Drivers who won't turn right on red.
Vulgar talk at the dinner table.
People who chat online (instant messaging) while I'm on the phone with them.
Not having enough quarters to do laundry.
Couples that own a dog together and call themselves mommy and daddy.
When drivers bring their car to the wrong side of the gas pump.
When you genuinely ask someone what's wrong (when there obviously is something wrong) and they respond half-heartedly, "hmmm? oh nothing..."
People who ignore yield signs.
Double negatives.
Conspiracy theories.
Being asked my telephone number/account number AFTER I already entered in using the keypad on my phone. I thought I was supposed enter that info to "better assist me".
Not washing hands after using the bathroom.
People who push alcohol at social functions.
The noise people make when they rub their fingers on balloons.
When your spouse/roommate uses the butter to put on their toast, and leaves crumbs in the container.
People who don't perform their duties at work.
Guys who leave the toilet seat up.
Celebrities claiming to be environmentalists.
Dining with a picky eater (they can never order off the menu without customizing every aspect of the meal).
Tapping.
Men on trains who insist on sitting with their legs spread wide like they got something there.
When ice cream drips out of the bottom of a sugar cone.
Dirty keyboards.
People who zig zag in and out of lanes on the expressway.
People who ride their bikes in the road when a sidewalk is right there.
When people don't send thank you notes.
When somebody tosses something toward a garbage can, like they think they're a basketball star, then leave it on the ground after they miss!
People who take forever to order food while I'm in line.
When you open the DVD case and it is empty or a different movie is in it.
Car alarms that signal that they are on by honking.
People who walk their dogs and let them poop indiscriminately (like on someone's lawn), and does not pick it up.
The way people walk in flip flops.
Someone standing over my shoulder reading the computer screen.
People who write "Noone" instead of "No one".
Explanations that begin with the word "Again".
People who don't cover their mouth while sneezing or coughing.
Dirty dishes in the sink.
People who habitually need favors.
How opening any cheap electronic item these days requires cutting up your finger with cheap impossible to open plastic molding covering.
When you're eating candy and someone asks if they can have a red one.
Airline speak (like: "The lavatories ARE equipped with smoke detectors, so DO refrain...")
When you bite into a jelly bean and it's a different flavor than what you thought it was.
Having to go to a UPS / FEDEX office to pickup a package.
Uncomfortable chairs.
Chasing after a ping pong ball.
Jerks who take up 2 parking spaces.
Films censored and cut (for length) to be put on television.
When something I've been into for a long time becomes popular.
People who overuse quotes from movies or TV.
People who act like they're in their own living room at an event (concert, ballgame, play, movies or a restaurant).
People who give their kids weird names
People that don't list prices on websites, stores, and infomercials.
The creepers at red lights. You know, those people that start inching forward in their cars…slowly…until the light turns green.
People who clear their throats in a disgusting way.
People that pop and smack their chewing gum.
When people leave the cap off the toothpaste.
People who style their hair during Mass.
People who invite you out somewhere then cancel.
Women who wear too much perfume.
Relying on someone else to take a picture because I want to be in it, and it ends up coming out off-centered and out-of-focus.
Cutesy intentional misspellings: ” lite” ” kwik” ” ‘R ” for are.
You know when you ask someone a simple, straightforward question and they spend ten solid minutes rambling on about everything in the world EXCEPT the answer to your simple, straightforward question? I hate that.
When you order a salad at a restaurant and they bring it to you at the same time as your dinner.
Children's hand prints on the windows in car.
People who don't know the difference between its/it’s and they’re /their/there.
People who carry a one sided conversation
When you can't tell if someone is male or female.
People who leave the door open when they go to the bathroom.
Sick people who cough near you.
People who talk, whistle or sing to themselves at work.
People putting their feet out of car windows.
Greeting cards that throw sparkles, sequins or confetti on the hapless recipient
Having to use more than one remote control (one for TV, dvd player, cable box, TIVO, etc.)
Paying alot of money for a meal and getting a baby sitter only to have someone elses kids screaming.
When you're invited to a party (or any event) with people you have never met, and the host doesn't introduce you to anyone.
When you find a really cute piece of clothing on the rack and they have like twenty in size XS, two in size 3X, and not a single one in your size.
People who throw cigarette butts on the beach.
Saying "Let there be light" every time any light switch is flipped on.
When people say "What's up?" instead of saying "hi or hello".
People who leave shopping carts in the parking lot instead of taking them back to the corral.
People who go the wrong way in a parking lot.
People who write "Keep in touch!" in your yearbook but never talk to you again.
Unexpected company.
When someone with a full cart of groceries gets into the 10 items or less line.
Cats and dogs that are inconsiderate of their human's sleeping habits, and decide to romp, play, and destroy stuff at 4 AM.
People letting their dogs use my yard as their toilet.
Ignorant people.
People who read over your shoulder on public transportation.
Driving somewhere and having the sun in my eyes.
Not knowing if you've taken two pictures with a camera or there are just two left
When you adjust the volume of the TV and the volume display blocks the subtitles during an important dialogue.
People who think that they are the only one with correct background for understanding an issue.
Being the first one at any party.
People throwing trash into a recycle bin.
The naming of celebrity couples (Bennifer, TomKat, etc.)
Movie sequels that are unnecessary.
Litterbugs.
Drivers who tailgate.
Anyone – male or female- who says “We’re pregnant”. Are they sharing a uterus?
The "yes but" people.
When you have an itch on the bottom of your foot and you can't scratch it because you have shoes on.
When someone leaves their phone number at the end of a long message and they say it so fast you can't understand it and have to listen multiple times to figure it out.
People who don't dress their age
Suburban kids who think they are gangstas.
Peop;e who chew with their mouth open
People When they clean the tables nearby with a bleach solution. While I am glad they are sanitary, the smell of bleach can really quelch my appetite. having obviously PRIVATE conversations on their cell phone in public places.
When people put the spoons/forks in the wrong section of the utensil separator.
People who let dogs that jump up on everyone loose in public.
Clipping your nails at work.
When your eating something and a person will just steal a little bit of it.
Retail clerks that ignore the live customer to help somebody that interrupts by phone
People who don't pick up after themselves.
People who use the word "gay" to mean "lame".
When people refuse to be the decision maker about something simple (which restaurant to eat at, what movie to see, etc.).
When people say 'supposebly' instead of 'supposedly'.
In an obviously crowded restaurant, people who linger long after receiving their check.
When you pull a string hanging from your shirt and it doesn't break, but only becomes longer.
People who put salt on everything without tasting it first.
Not Washing Hands After Using the Restroom
Skinny jeans on men
No toilet paper or paper towels in public bathrooms.
When you will be talking to someone, and their replies seem to be limited to "ya", "cool", and "ok".
When somebody turns off the lights when you are still in the room.
People who can't complete a sentence without saying "you know".
When people don't clear the microwave numbers.
Finding the end of the program hasn't taped after sitting riveted for almost two hours.
People who say "It's always in the last place you look".
When people ask me for advice and do the opposite of what I tell them.
When people don't RSVP to an event.
People who will write something borderline mean, but then follow it up with a smiley face :)
People who don't control their bratty children.
People who refer to themselves in the third person.
People who leave their children in their cars while they run into the store.
People who snap their gum.
Caps Lock in text or in email, when PEOPLE SHOUT.
Girls who wear way too much make up.
People who always have to be right and have the last word.
People that cannot simply take their trash to the trash bin in places such as fast food restaurants, shopping malls etc.
People who no matter what relate to something you have done and try to "one up" you.
When someone is writing on a chalkboard and then they erase it to write something new, but they don't erase all of it, so you still see half of a letter here and there.
People that tailgate when your driving.
People who whistle when they are happy.
Fax machines that call my home number.
Rappers who thank God at awards cermonies.
Mumbling, then annoyedly saying "Forget it!" when people don't hear you.
People who use a calculator to figure out the tip at a restuarant.
Drivers who signal after they make a lane change.
People who spell "you're" as "your."
People who don't cash checks you give them in a timely manner.
The noise styrofoam makes when you rub it together.
People who blow their horn at you the nano-second the light changes to green.
When the garbage man turns my can upside down after dumping MOST of the garbage in it into the garbage truck. I go to collect the can and when I turn it right side up, the remaining garbage spills out on the sidewalk.
People who don't use deoderant.
When people continue to stare after they ask you a question, as if they need you to expand more on your answer.
Ice cream with freezer burn.
When the person who takes the last of something puts the empty package back.
Flakes! People that cancel plans constantly.
Hair strands left on shower walls.
When you first meet someone and can't remember the person's name by the end of the conversation.
Taking forever to leave a parking space while others are clearly waiting for it
Business buzz words: synergistic, globalize, paradigm shift, etc.
When people are using armrests on both sides of you.
Bosses who think your job is your life.
People sitting at a red light and continuing to sit there when the light turns green because they're on their cell phone.
Grocery clerks that want to bundle the receipt with my change. Hand me the money separately so I can put it in my pocket, and then hand me the receipt or place it in the bag.
People who dress their pets.
People who buy animals, only to get rid of them a week later because it was harder to take care of them than they thought.
People who mumble.
Whisteling out of tune.
Conversational High-Fives: High-fiving at any time other than when one is actively playing a sport
People who are always late.
When there are no hot dog buns left and you have to eat your hot dog on a folded piece of bread.
Men who ogle or whistle at women who walk down the street.
People who honk in front of a house instead of getting out of the car and ringing the doorbell.
Annoying nervous (forced sounding) laughs.
When you are asleep at a hotel and the alarm clock goes off in the middle of the night because the person who was there before you set it and never turned it off.
When you have to walk out of the shower naked because you forgot to bring a towel with you.
Needless meetings.
People who don't look at you when they are talking, or you are talking to them.
People who turn their stereos up full blast in their apartment building and have no consideration of others.
When you're driving down the road and a cigarette butt comes out the window of a car in front of you and it bounces off your car.
People who stare.
People who use the phrase "110%" (or even more % sometimes).
People who leave food that can spoil (milk, butter, etc.) out too long, instead of putting it back in the fridge when they are done.
People who put their feet up on the seat in front of them in movie theaters.
People who say the time like "Eight AM in the morning".
People who won't take their kid out of a restaurant when they are crying, screaming, etc.
Having to dress up for work just to have it downpour when you step outside.
When the host/hostess at a restaurant totally underestimates how long a wait there will be.
When people inturrupt you.
Guys who wear wifebeaters (and nothing else for a shirt) in public.
Forks whose tines don't stand up in a perfectly straight line
The sound of too much spit in someone's mouth when they talk.
Athletes who point to the sky after scoring.
Someone opening a cabinet door or drawer and leaving it open.
People say "carmel" instead of "caramel". Is it really that hard to pronounce that extra letter?
Bathroom stalls with a mirror so you can see your whole self while seated
Drivers who make u-turns where they are not allowed to.
In mini golf when you miss the hole three times in a row less than a foot away.
When someone starts to watch a show or movie in the middle of it and expect you to tell them what's happening.
People who think the seat next to them is a place to plunk down their gym bag/back pack on a crowded bus.
Clipping toenails in bed.
People who ask "Can I ask you a question?"
People who leave farts in elevators that I subsequently enter. Then the next person thinks it's me.
Commercials in movie theaters.
Keeping your Christmas lights up until February.
Overuse of the word "Like"
People who read a story, and purposely skip pages so that it ends quicker.
When you score a goal on yourself in foosball or air hockey.
People who drive past me on a crosswalk.
When the tiolet paper roll is backwards.
People who ask you what time it is.
People with poor umbrella etiquette.
When other people sleep on my pillow.
When you are hanging out with someone and they make plans to do something else right in front of you.
When people scratch their fingernails on a blackboard.
People who can't wait to file a lawsuit in order to get rich quick.
Wet, dirty, stinky, slimy dishrags left in a heap in the bottom of the sink.
Websites with horizontal scrolling.
People who use unnecessary abbreviations, like w/e (whatever), w/o (without) and j/k (just kidding).
People at Wal*Mart Supercenter who enter thru the exit and exit thru the enter.
Getting fruit in your bag on Halloween.
Going to a restaurant within the last hour before closing and everyone is cleaning,sweeping and slamming stuff around to get out of their quickly and at buffet the food is gone or old and dried up.
Walking into spider webs.
When the cashier gives you the change with the coins on top of the bills and for a moment you look like a fool jamming a large wad of cash into your pocket.
People who use self checkout lanes but don’t know how to use them and slow us all down.
Hearing classic songs that I grew up with...pimping products on commericals.
Stomping on the floor to simulate knocking on a door.
Using your finger as a gun.
Telemarketers.
Waiters/waitress who put their fingers on the top of the glass (where you drink from) when they deliver it to you.
Bars where the music is too loud.
People that don't answer e-mail.
People who are clearly unhappy and yet pretend like everything is just fine.
Failing to take a backpack into account when turning or backing into people
Yelling "drop it" the moment a conversation veers into an unwanted direction.
Cell Phone Drivers
Lawn ornaments.
People who borrow stuff and never give it back.
When people call me but are talking to someone else when I answer and I have to wait till they stop talking.
When you sit down at a restaurant and the waiter/waitress spends time cleaning other tables, when there are lots of empty tables, instead of taking your order.
When the tracking system for delivery isn't up-to-date.
Gray snow that won't melt; piled up on the side of the road
Bad breath.
People who refuse to expand their musical horizons.
People who complain out loud while waiting in a long line at the store.
People who say "Bra" or "bro" when it's not their brother.
When people put (sp?) after words when the spell check button is right there in front of them.
People who can't seem to see any faults in their kids or their mothers.
Piling up clothes in the corner of the room instead of putting them in the hamper.
Hair on the soap.
Mispronunciation of words.
People who are stingy with money when they clearly have a lot of it.
People who cook for you, and use the same spoon multiple times to taste what they are cooking while cooking it, like for pasta sauce or soup.
Having a drawer full of unknown cords, transformers, adapeter, etc.
I hate it when people take healthy food and fry it up in butter and eat it because it's "good for them".
Loud motorcycles.
When people trip over your their foot in the hallway and start running to pretend like they meant to do it.
When you ask for LOTS of ketchup and they give you only two or three packets.
Shopping carts with a broken wheel.
The sound of somebody playing with silverware on a plate.
Going out to dinner with a big group, eating $10 worth of food and having to split the whole bill and ending up paying much more than you ate.
When the waiter/waitress asks whether you want dessert, but smiles in a way that means she is clearly judging you.
Sitting in the movies and hearing someone eating popcorn.
Bathing suit tops as clothing.
People who pick their nose in public.
Car passengers that throw their doors wide open without first checking to make sure it is safe to do so.
Lazy people.
People who talk about their favorite sports team and say "WE" like they are a part of the team.
People who love to point out how wrong everyone else is while they are a walking train wreck
People who don't care what's going on in our country.
People who are over age 21 who say the word "dude".
People who spit on the ground and don't look first to see if anybody is around.
People who use their caller ID like an answering service. Example: "Hello?" "Yeah, someone call me from this number?" "Umm, who are you?" "Who is this?" "You called this number. Did you get a message?" "I haven't checked my messages. This number just came up". Etc..
Being put on the speakerphone without warning
Obnoxious doorbell ringers.
Adware, spyware, popups, viruses and other things that download themselves and install automatically
When people say the word huge incorrectly by dropping the 'H' and pronouncing it Uge.
When people change the TV channel without asking
People who make you take off your shoes when you go into their house.
People at a store/supermarket who wait in a long checkout line, and then when they finally need to pay they take forever to find their checkbook/cash/credit card.
Stores/companies that charge extra if you pay by credit card.
I hate slow people walking in front of me.
People who stop at the top or bottom of an escalator.
At a restuarant, when they clean the tables nearby with a bleach solution, smelling up my area.
People who point at their wrist while asking for the time.
Dog poop on the sidewalk.
When those little hinges on the CD case break, and now you can't open and close it.
I know they have to do this, but I hate having servers recite the specials to me. Because I have never ordered a special, and hate having to feign interest in them.
The use of redundant statements like ATM Machine or PIN Number
Hair in the shower drain.
Men who refer to “babysitting” their own children.
People who are late.
People who don't use their turn signal, tailgate, and cut you off
How hard it is to open a new music CD.
Pee anywhere other than in a toilet.
Watching people put their contacts in.
How commercials are so much louder than the TV shows.
People who don't want to learn anything new because they know it all.
When you bend over to pick something up and miss the object multiple times, and the final attempt is a violent grab as if to say it was the object's fault.
Feeling a little juvenile when the waitress sees your drawings on the table at the Macaroni Grille and you're over the age of eight.
When you get out of the pool and your bathing suit sticks to you and exposes your crotch.
Singing along with the music when you don't actually know the words.
People who write checks during check-out. I hate waiting.
Men who talk down to women.
Email with no subject.
Grocery shopping carts with a bad wheel.
How clothes hangers get all tangeled with each other
Double dippers.
When people don't pick up their feet to walk and you hear the scuff... scuff... scuff.
People who brag about how trashed they got the night before.
Unsolicited advice.
Co-workers that try to sell stuff to you at work.
Trying to get assistance over the telephone, only to be directed to "press this number", umpteen times.
When adults cuss in front of children.
At a restuarant, bread cut only halfway, instead of into slices.
People who say I can't, without even trying.
People who leave their pets in their hot cars in the summer.
Speed bumps.
People who constantly get up in movie theaters.
When you are changing the TV channel and it goes black of a second before the channel comes up.
Dogs running around on a flatbed truck, which is going highway speed.
Parents who have their children on leashes.
PeOpLe WhO tYpE LiKe ThIs.
Restaurants that put too much ice in your drink.
Anti-climactic ends to long lists.
People who double park.
People who people park a shopping cart in the middle of the aisle in Wal-Mart or grocery store, blocking the way for others and then walking away to gather items.
When people use the word "literally" inappropriately. I.e. "I literally almost jumped out of my skin."
People who make out in public.
Babies sitting on laps in cars.
People who bring their babies to the movies.
People who stick their USED gum just about anywhere (under a table or chair, on the ground, etc.)
Dried toothpaste in the sink.
Junk mail.
People who talk on their cell phone at the movies.
When someone blows their nose in your presence and then proceeds to look at what just filled their tissue/handkerchief.
When people don't rinse their dishes before they put them in the sink.
Not letting things go the first time someone says stop.
People who don't accelerate fast enough at a stop light, especially if you're in the left lane.
People who stop right infront of you when your walking through town.
People that do not flush the toliet in public restrooms.
When you apply too much deodorant and you have to make a running-in-place type of motion.
I hate people who have no idea what "personal space" is.
Pants on men that are too short.
Dirty restaurant bathrooms. It makes me wonder how clean the kitchen is.
People who don't stop at stop signs.
People who smoke right outside the door of a nonsmoking establishment, getting smoke all over everybody who enters/leaves.
People who don't listen when you are talking to them. How many times have you said a few sentences to someone only to have them suddenly say "what did you just say? I wasn't paying attention."
People that don't return your phone calls.
Referring to any government agency as "the Fed".
If you are able to drink everything but one little drop of milk or juice, whatever...DON'T put it back in the fridge! Just finish it.
Air Guitar. Don’t do it. You look like a dork.
Dull pencils.
People who can't decide on one radio/tv station, and constantly flip back and forth.
The habit of tossing dirty silverware into garbage disposal part of the sink
Getting behind someone that will not drive up to the speed limit.
People who straddle multiple lines at the drug store.
When you're with a group of people and you think nobody saw that you just tripped, and you think you're in the clear. But the one person who did see it points it out to everybody else.
Family members who do not talk to you for years, but when they need or want something, act like nothing happened.
I hate it when people tickle me.
Gossip.
People who blow their nose at the dinner table or in the kitchen when you're eating or cooking.
Things sticking out of drawers
Utility/Cable service people that don't show up on time.
When someone is giving a speech in class and they won't stop looking at you as they speak.
A dirty stove top. When finished cooking, all food particles should be cleaned off the stove.
Using the toilet paper down to the last few squares without getting a new roll
Restaurants that have a no smoking section which is only several feet away from the smoking section.
People who don't move to the back of the bus when there is plenty of room to do so.
People who write on dirty car windshields
When shirts shrink in the dryer.
When you are trying to wax something, and you pull hard but nothing comes off and yet you still feel the pain.
Cussing in public, especially in front of senior citizens.
People who don't hold the elevator for you.
When you're trying to walk in the mall and there's a kiosk and they hound you to try their cell phone service or whatever.
People that say they don't like a certain food before they try it, and refuse to eat it .
People abbreviating words when they speak.
Barbecue restaurants with happy pigs on the sign.
Motel pillows.
Making me talk to your boyfriend/girlfriend who i have never actually met when i call you on the phone, saying something like, "oh here - talk to [---]".
Used grocery bags that aren't folded correctly.
Pieces of fat on meat.
Companies that outsource their customer service to India, but then those support reps don't have full access to all the needed info, so eventually they transfer you back to a manager in the US to deal with it.
Water stains on the cutlery (from the dishwasher).
Cracking your knuckles.
Speed Bumps.
People who tell you "Oh! You have to try this! It's the best thing ever!" And when you do try it and it sucks.
Drivers who drive slow in the left lane.
People who eat while talking on the phone to me.
People that fart in public.
People who invade my seat space, like on airplanes or in movie theaters.
People that make tons and tons of noise while working out.
Women who are obviously bottle blondes who still blame their stupidity on being blonde, as in: “Oh, no! I’m having a blonde moment!”
People/kids who tap their pencil during a test.
Sneezing in your hand and shaking someone's hand afterward.
Kids with baggy pants hangin below their ass.
Movie talkers
People who always look to start a fight.
When a utility sends you a letter about a rate increase that opens with: "In order to serve you better."
People who spit when they talk.
When men you don't know very well at all assume it is okay to call you "hun" or "babe."
When people bite their nails in the dead of silence and you hear them eating it.
Water running while brushing teeth.
Women who use PMS as an excuse to be bitchy.
People who finish my sentences for you.
People who constantly sniffle.
People who interrupt you to correct your grammar/speech, paying no attention to the point your are trying to make.
People who make up words.
Tangled phone cords
Using a napkin for eating messy food & leaving it on the table throughout the meal
When people say "you and I" when it should be "you and me".
When the string on the hood of your sweatshirt goes inside the hood.
People trying to enter an elevator when people IN the elevator haven't left yet.
When you have to go to the bathroom really bad after getting out of the shower and you don't dry off all the way, making the toilet seat all slippery.
People who are always negative.
If you pee on the seat, wipe it off.
Driveways that make cars bottom out.
Clicking pens.
People who assume far too much.
An unmade bed.
Barking dogs when I am trying to sleep.
People that realize that a lane of traffic is backed up so they go into the next lane over because it is moving quicker and they go up to the front and expect someone to just let them back over in that lane.
Having to explain the same thing more than once.
People who wear sunglasses indoors.
People who don't say "thank you" or even acknowledge you when you hold the door for them.
People who bite their nails.
When people cough in front of you without covering their mouth.
People who quote movies just because they can.
Getting stuck at red lights, while nobody is going the other direction.
People who don’t put two spaces after a period when they type.
When people don't flush the toilet.
Broken spines on paperback books.
Restaurants that give you rolls, but never enough butter to go with them.
A well done steak or burger when it was ordered "rare"
When people that say that they read something at a certain site but don't add the link.
People who whistle through their noses while just breathing.
When I'm having a coversation with someone, & I'm in the middle of telling a story and some rude idiot comes walking up and starts a conversation with the person I'm talking to...as if I'm not even there!
People that wait until the last minute.
Incorrect use of apostrophe's.
Parents who plead with toddlers.
People that burp loudly in public.
Wobbly tables.
People who text during a movie.
When it's raining and you turn your car off before you turn the wipers off, and they stop in the middle of the windshield, so you turn the car back on, the wipers off, and then the car off.
Chewing gum on the sidewalk.
Free offer that always have a catch.
When someone tries to talk to you when you have headphones on.
People who respond to my emails but don't include the text of the previous email in their email.
Men who refer to their wife as ” the wife”- a wife is not an object.
When coffee spills out of the top drinking hole of lids on to-go coffee cups.
How commercialized the holidays are.
People who pick their teeth in public.
Snorting when you laugh.
Hypocrites (yeah, you know who your are)
People who interrupt you and direct the conversation to themselves.
People who make small talk with a cashier when there’s a long line behind them.
Stores with TV monitors at the checkouts that play commercials.
Spit flying out of people's mouth by accident.
TV shows and commercials ads with ringing doorbells or phones, which make you into thinking the sound is coming from your house.
I hate when restaurant staff starts clearing dishes away when not everyone has finished eating -- leaving the one person at a table of four to feel bad they haven't finished yet.
People who can't seem to understand that " red eyes" are possible to remove in photos.
Improper use of the word ironic
Waitors/waitresses with dirty fingernails.
People who scrape their fork around the plate.
Backwash.
Eating in bed and leaving crumbs
Spammers.
Fake laughter.
People who call but don't leave a message.
Wasting food, like when a person takes a full plateful of food and then eat two bites.
People who don't vote and then complain about the results.
People who try to talk to you when you are going to the bathroom.
When you're wearing a hat, after a while it feels like it's not there. When you take it off, it feels like it's still there.
Famous people name their kids strange names.
People who say, "Goddamnit" or "Jesus Christ" when they're angry.
Characters in movies always order food then end up leaving the table long before the food could be served.
Characters that have just met each other in movies arrange dates without exchanging any contact or meet information.
How people merging onto a highway or interstate always fail to reach a merging speed and cause havoc.
People who don’t know or don’t care that they have NO tail lights working, at all.
Cops who tailgate you, unsafely for miles as if you’re driving to slow, them knowing you’re not going to speed up, because there is a cop behind them!
Cops who spin/burn their tires, with no emergency. No one else is allowed to.
Tables at restuarants that are next to or in the direct line of view of the restrooms. I don't want to look at and think about people going to the bathroom while I eat.
People, when asked how they are doing, say “good” when they should use “well”.

And, lastly, Pet Peeve threads! :cool:

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Holy shit.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
WOW ......... This must be a slow day @ work for some ! ......... LOL !
All in fun. Y'all take care, Mikey Lulejian - Out on the Lake with an "idle" waiting on an oil filler cap (LOL !

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
OK...think that covers it. Glassman miss anything? Should I just close it now? LOL

Another of mine (in the office): People who drop paper towels in the bathroom and just leave them there

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Damn @Glassman ......You should have just said People Annoy You!!!:winkingthumbsup"

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
OK...think that covers it. Glassman miss anything? Should I just close it now? LOL

Another of mine (in the office): People who drop paper towels in the bathroom and just leave them there
I'll add that to the list! :thumbsup:

Damn @Glassman ......You should have just said People Annoy You!!!:winkingthumbsup"
That would make me racist!

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Glassman .. :confused: Maybe you could have saved some time with your short list of things that don't annoy you.. It will be OK...

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Basically saying your pet peeve is people...same here...

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can't say that I read Glassman's entire list but saw a couple that puts my mind in a rage....people chewing with their mouth open, and the noise some people make while eating. Someone Crunching ice makes me want to punch something, as well as the smacking sound some people make with their lips while eating or chewing gum....it is so bad that I should probably see someone about it:-/

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Julian. Your #4 is what I was taught in high school. "The center lane is for starting and ending left hand turns". So IMHO you're in the right, I'll back you up on that one.

I'd add to @Glassman list. "Salesmen who put things in your hand and then won't take it back when you're not interested"

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Julian. Your #4 is what I was taught in high school. "The center lane is for starting and ending left hand turns". So IMHO you're in the right, I'll back you up on that one.

I'd add to @Glassman list. "Salesmen who put things in your hand and then won't take it back when you're not interested"
@itsdgm I've looked up #4 and it is illegal in most states to use a center left turn lane for anything other than as you say beginning or making a left turn. It is not to be used to turn left INTO and then merge into traffic.

My office is on a busy road that I'd never turn left onto if I didn't do this, and turning right and going around 3 sides of a block on the next left seems ridiculous. So I'm breaking the law....

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
At night Boats that are underway with their docking lights on! This one drives me insane.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Number one for me: Drivers who don't know how to properly navigate a median between a divided highway. You are suppose to drive to the outside..... the driver coming from the other direction does the same. The something magical happens.... both drivers can actually see oncoming traffic!

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
People that pass a car waiting to turn left on the shoulder.
People that put both bags in the overhead.
People that piss all over the toilet in the stall rather than standing in line for the urinals.