• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What are these??

Jeff L

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Not sure what these are or what their purpose is, can anyone advise? Thanks

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Just a rubber gasket to keep fish and the like from swimming in there while docked.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Also, don't be concerned when a ring of dark colored silicone falls out of there. Just a little extra from the factory that will eventually break itself loose.

Jeff L

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Also, don't be concerned when a ring of dark colored silicone falls out of there. Just a little extra from the factory that will eventually break itself loose.
good to know thank you

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looks like the silicone already came out. I did not like the raw unfinished edge of the cut out which is below the water line so I epoxied over it to seal it from absorbing water.

Jeff L

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looks like the silicone already came out. I did not like the raw unfinished edge of the cut out which is below the water line so I epoxied over it to seal it from absorbing water.
what did you use for epoxy?

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I used some stuff intended for Fiberglass repair because I had it lying around from something else. I figured it would be waterproof. To be honest with very little uv exposure in that area you could just buy one of those dual plunger tubes at your local harware store, squirt it into a disposable cup mix it and apply with a disposable flux brush (what I used).

Last edited:

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yep. Just another example why I would not want to wet slip those boats unless I had to. It's FRP, but still basically raw fiberglass and will blister.
Honestly, there are days when I want to dismantle and redo ALL through hull fittings in my boat, but it's just too much work.

--

danclemo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thinking I'll epoxy that now also, good idea!

Hellacool

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good to know. I found one and was a little spooked.