• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What are you getting the ladies for Xmas

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I'm really torn this year on what to do. I have a few small gifts already but nothing big. I really would like to buy her an experience versus a normal gift. I though about getting her a day at the BMW driving experience as I thought it would be a fun exhilarating day but that maybe more fun for me then her. I thought about buying flights to Italy but really with younger family members we are probably at least a year out from that being a good idea. So whats everyone else doing? Just looking for some fun unique ideas and maybe help some others along the way. We do the Bahamas every year and one major amusement park a year so those are already planned and out but anything else is fair game within a reasonable budget.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It may be more fitting for an anniversary...what about a weekend at ______ (nearby beach/amusement park/cabin/etc.). Some good ole reconnecting time while the grandparents chase the kiddos around.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I was thinking about just putting Christmas tags on things around the house she doesn't appreciate lol. (New AC, New Kitchen, New Floors, Food, the pool, etc)

She will probably get an AirFryer though. We don't get each other much because we buy each other what we want throughout the year.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is one of the only years that I’ve actually got my wife some things that she will actually want and like.

She lost part of an earring a couple weeks ago so I’m getting her a new nicer ($$$) set, she hardly ever wears jewelry other than a simple diamond stud earring and wedding ring, so it’s nice to be able to get that for her. And a few other things that I know she wants.

I’m very practical, when she asks what I want I tell her and show her my Amazon list....
Sway bar bushings for my truck, a new headlight Because my left one is new from an accident and my right one is hazy so I don’t like that they don’t match.
Door lock actuator....
Stuff like that she says isn’t a good gift, but if I want something throuout the year I just buy it, this is stuff I’m going to
Buy anyway so I’ll be very happy to get them as a gift

Wr3ckdiver

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Try an intro scuba dive here in the Florida Keys or Cozumel Mexico you won't regret it. Its fun to be on top of the water but exploring the reefs is really a wonderful experience, and if you get into it there are so many wrecks to check out. I also got my girl a intro flying lesson once she really enjoyed that, they let you take the controls not only during flight but sometimes even takeoff and landing.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Me and the misses dont exchange gifts for xmass. We just buy ourselves whatever we want throughout the year and call it a xmass gift.
We save the excitement of xmass for our grandkids now and buy them the fun stuff

Emilio22

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If she like music, tickets to a music festival or going to see her favorite at some cool venue.

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Me and the misses dont exchange gifts for xmass. We just buy ourselves whatever we want throughout the year and call it a xmass gift.
We save the excitement of xmass for our grandkids now and buy them the fun stuff
basically the same here. something maybe we wouldnt normally buy ourselves...we go get together.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks guys! I may play a D!ck in a box prank on Christmas now that it has been brought up the look on her face and the in laws face will be priceless I may have to record it and put it on youtube.com. I could always do another concert but I have done that several times. I wish she would try sky diving but she wont go for it. I like the scuba lessons but she told me once before she doesn't think its for her but maybe I will force her to sometimes she needs nudged into things and then finds out she does like them.

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
scuba is a great non competitive 'sport' and a great thing to do on vacations. I want to do this with my girls.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My wife gets back from a trip today. She has been after me to paint the bedroom but before I did that I figured I would surprise her with this for Christmas. I should have it complete by Christmas but this is how she will find it when she gets home today. Hope she likes it because it is kind of permanent.

Including the crown molding I am going to add to the whole bedroom, paint, the electric fireplace along will all the other materials this will come out under 1k. I also added custom venting so and it can be used with the heat on or off. She loves to turn on the fireplace in the living room even when it is too warm for it because she likes the ambience. I think she will love this. If not I am getting coal.
C3DCA0A3-1A4E-47F1-91DA-B6FD839AEC1B.jpeg

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow. My wife asked for botox, and some tattoed eye brow things. She got those but she also is getting a new house (hopefully over new years ) in salida, co or buena Vista, co.

Whisky

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I was thinking about just putting Christmas tags on things around the house she doesn't appreciate lol. (New AC, New Kitchen, New Floors, Food, the pool, etc)

She will probably get an AirFryer though. We don't get each other much because we buy each other what we want throughout the year.

OH MAN .... a good friend of mine bought a house around November 2 or 3 years ago, and did that to his wife.........

He almost spent a week on my couch haha!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Im thinking something more personal like a day /night at a spa possibly in napa or another nearby location with wineries. The last time we did something like this it included a mid bath, massage, pedi, mani, etc. it wasnt cheap ($300 to $400) but worth every penny, maybe more this time because i get the day to myself (unless i have to drive her there and back).

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We agree to keep total spending to approximately $100 when we buy each other Christmas gifts. This stemmed from some "escalation" that started during our first few years of marriage. When gifts started approaching the $1,000 mark one year... well, it was time to slam on the brakes. Our budget doesn't allow for that kind of spending so we capped it at something reasonable.

It actually makes you put a lot more thought into things when you have to stick to that spending level. She's asked for another house for her Christmas village and a "bigger griddle than the one I have." I'll have to "wing it" for the balance. This usually involves "wandering" a few stores until I spot something I know she needs - and will hopefully make her life easier.

The bigger question for me is "What should I build for her?" Two years ago I made her a little wooden Christmas tree. Last year I amped it up big-time by making a winter-scene shadow-box. So now I'm struggling with what to do this year to at least equal the "coolness" of last year's gift. I'm considering trying my hand at firing up the lathe (something I'm just beginning to learn how to use) and turning a nutcracker. (Woodworking for Mere Mortals has a good video on Youtube that I will use for reference.)