• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What are you watching on TV? Favorite Shows? <name the service used>

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My wife upgraded (or did something) to our Verizon plan and we somehow ended up with Disney+. In the Marvel section they have an option where you can watch the movies in the Marvel Universe timeline order. I ended up watching all the movies in the timeline order and it was really cool. It took about at least 3 or 4 weeks. Maybe longer. Watching the movies in the timeline order helped me understand what the heck was going.
After I finished the timeline I jumped right into Wanda Vision, Loki, and Falcon & Winter Soldier.

The ONLY problem with watching almost only Marvel movies/TV for weeks straight is that I ended up bringing most conversations with friends and family back to a Marvel reference. Wife got annoyed....friends founded it mildly amusing. My daughter did NOT care for our early morning conversation when all I said was "I am Groot" for hours. :D:D:D:D
Yea the timeline is what got her. I tried to explain to her that it bounces forward and backward in time and is not necessarily a linear progression of time. I’m just glad she is warming up to watching them :D

I did the same Groot voice when she asked “wtf is that tree looking thing” when she saw the thumbnail :D :D Grooot! :D

My daughter and I have been watching Loki series 1 and only about 5 episodes in. She needs to watch the Thor series before she goes any further as I think it will help tie the character in. Previously she had only seen Loki in clips of Avengers movies. Loki is a good show and surprised Owen Wilson was in it.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
My wife upgraded (or did something) to our Verizon plan and we somehow ended up with Disney+. In the Marvel section they have an option where you can watch the movies in the Marvel Universe timeline order. I ended up watching all the movies in the timeline order and it was really cool. It took about at least 3 or 4 weeks. Maybe longer. Watching the movies in the timeline order helped me understand what the heck was going.
After I finished the timeline I jumped right into Wanda Vision, Loki, and Falcon & Winter Soldier.

The ONLY problem with watching almost only Marvel movies/TV for weeks straight is that I ended up bringing most conversations with friends and family back to a Marvel reference. Wife got annoyed....friends founded it mildly amusing. My daughter did NOT care for our early morning conversation when all I said was "I am Groot" for hours. :D:D:D:D
You did it wrong if it took 3-4 weeks. I ended up off work a few months back due to canceled events from covid and managed do it in 6 days. ;)

PortTobacco II

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yea the timeline is what got her. I tried to explain to her that it bounces forward and backward in time and is not necessarily a linear progression of time. I’m just glad she is warming up to watching them :D

I did the same Groot voice when she asked “wtf is that tree looking thing” when she saw the thumbnail :D :D Grooot! :D

My daughter and I have been watching Loki series 1 and only about 5 episodes in. She needs to watch the Thor series before she goes any further as I think it will help tie the character in. Previously she had only seen Loki in clips of Avengers movies. Loki is a good show and surprised Owen Wilson was in it.
Yeah even Owen Wilson got in the Marvel universe. I think Robert Di Nero is the only actor has who has not been in a Marvel movie/show. :) Just kidding of course. But I think a few years ago Di Nero made some derogatory remarks about Marvel movies....which I didn't think was too cool of him. I think he was promoting the Irishman at the time. I have liked many of Di Nero's movies but just because he doesn't get the CINAMATIC MASTERPIECE that the Marvel Franchise is....doesn't mean he should bad mouth it. :p

PortTobacco II

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You did it wrong if it took 3-4 weeks. I ended up off work a few months back due to canceled events from covid and managed do it in 6 days. ;)
OMG! 6 Days! Your brain must have been scrambled. I bet you needed the Reality or maybe the Mind Infinity stone just to keep things straight! :D

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I assume movies only. There is no way to watch all MCU canon in 6 days. Agents of Shield is probably 6 days alone.

@haknslash I assume she has never seen Pulp Fiction? lol

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I assume movies only. There is no way to watch all MCU canon in 6 days. Agents of Shield is probably 6 days alone.

Correct, just the movies.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Oh AoS. My favoritest show in the whole wide world. I mean, not really, but man did I love that show.

PortTobacco II

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Oh AoS. My favoritest show in the whole wide world. I mean, not really, but man did I love that show.
Hmmmm....maybe I will have to give AoS another try. I thought is was corny a ew years ago but I might now have a new appreciation for it.
I did give the Flash a try because I ran out of stuff to watch. I watched maybe 5 episodes and gave up....too corny...although I did want to know what the guy in the wheelchair was up to

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hmmmm....maybe I will have to give AoS another try. I thought is was corny a ew years ago but I might now have a new appreciation for it.
I did give the Flash a try because I ran out of stuff to watch. I watched maybe 5 episodes and gave up....too corny...although I did want to know what the guy in the wheelchair was up to
Flash is CW. I think the C stands for corny. Haha.

AoS is more campy. But a truly love that show.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Like I mentioned earlier, we like to binge watch shows, especially when we can watch multiple seasons We spent 2 weeks binging on the first 5 1/2 seasons of Money Heist. It wasn't until we were into the second episode of season 5 did we realize they only dropped half a season. Now we have to wait till December to watch the ending! arrgh!

Jim

jthackman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
yeah, i've enjoyed money heist...wife couldn't get past the dubbing, but i hardly noticed.
just finished goliath 4 (final?) last night...think they were all pretty good.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So who has watched Squid Game?? Judging by the reports my gut tells me not to bother. But my morbid curiosity is pulling me in to watch this crazy shit.....

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
We binged watched Squid Games, last week. It shows a darker side of South Korean life that many of us may not seen before. I watched it, liked it, but can't really say I enjoyed it. Kind of like watching a train wreck.

Jim

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Since I am recovering from this knee surgery I had to lay low all weekend. I decided to binge watch Squid Game over the weekend around football. At first I didn't think I was going to like it. But after watching the whole series I think I liked it. Yes it has some really brutal violence, but com'on....this is fiction and would never happen in real life. It has some interesting twists throughout. It also has some corny and boring stuff throughout the series as filler I would say. At first I used the English voice over. The voice over acting is horrible. Kind of like watching work place harassment and defensive driving videos. Then I switched over to Korean audio with English subtitles. Tried that for half a show, then went back to English voice over and realized that I would prefer to hear their actual voices and sound effects and read the dialogue than put myself through that horrible and fake voice over. So my suggestion is let it play in Korean and read the subtitles.
Do I recommend it? Yes. It was pretty entertaining.. Has some really crazy twists, some deep morality situations, and some things to really make you think. I guarantee you that you will have no idea what's happening next. It's very unpredictable.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We binged watched Squid Games, last week. It shows a darker side of South Korean life that many of us may not seen before. I watched it, liked it, but can't really say I enjoyed it. Kind of like watching a train wreck.

Jim
Started watching this. Wowza

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Since I am recovering from this knee surgery I had to lay low all weekend. I decided to binge watch Squid Game over the weekend around football. At first I didn't think I was going to like it. But after watching the whole series I think I liked it. Yes it has some really brutal violence, but com'on....this is fiction and would never happen in real life. It has some interesting twists throughout. It also has some corny and boring stuff throughout the series as filler I would say. At first I used the English voice over. The voice over acting is horrible. Kind of like watching work place harassment and defensive driving videos. Then I switched over to Korean audio with English subtitles. Tried that for half a show, then went back to English voice over and realized that I would prefer to hear their actual voices and sound effects and read the dialogue than put myself through that horrible and fake voice over. So my suggestion is let it play in Korean and read the subtitles.
Do I recommend it? Yes. It was pretty entertaining.. Has some really crazy twists, some deep morality situations, and some things to really make you think. I guarantee you that you will have no idea what's happening next. It's very unpredictable.
Yeah. Always original audio with subtitles.

On that train of thought... Anyone watched the star wars manga series? Visions?

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
So who has watched Squid Game?? Judging by the reports my gut tells me not to bother. But my morbid curiosity is pulling me in to watch this crazy shit.....

Jim
Just watched the first episode last night. My oldest daughter has been telling us that we should watch it. I'll be honest, it's not what I expected. I don't think it'll be something that I ever watch a second time, but I feel compelled to continue watching to see how it plays out.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just watched the first episode last night. My oldest daughter has been telling us that we should watch it. I'll be honest, it's not what I expected. I don't think it'll be something that I ever watch a second time, but I feel compelled to continue watching to see how it plays out.
Pretty much my sentiments exactly. No need to ever watch it again!!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just watched the first season of Superman and lois on hbo max. It it Superman is married and the father of two teenage twin boys.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just watched the first season of Superman and lois on hbo max. It it Superman is married and the father of two teenage twin boys.
I started that a week or so ago, I’m on episode 12 I think. I like it, I’ve always liked Superman shows.