• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What boat lift weight is needed for a 19ft model AR190 also a 24ft if I bought one of those?

spaceman2

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Looks like I will need to have a new boat lift installed at new home so wonder about the lifting weight needed for the lift and maybe some ideas
on the brands that people seem to be using today. I guess its going to be a four post lift. Most seem to be the
four post lift models. Going to be in Saint James City area of southwest Florida coast.

Last edited:

Russ C

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I installed a 4000 lbs lift for my AR190 (2147lbs dry). It lift it with no noticeable strain with 30 gallons of fuel, toys, and 4 adult still in the boat. I have a overhead lift so I cannot provide an opinion on 4/2post models.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Check the sticky on model specifications for all boat models. Look at the wet weight. (minus trailer of course) Most will say you want the wet weight to be no more than 3/4 the capacity of your lift. A lift salesman should be able to confirm this when you are buying.

We put our 242 on a 5000lb lift for this reason based on it's wet weight. I would consider that a minimum lift for the 242's. We use removable aluminum lifts here in MN as we have to pull them due to ice each year. But capacity and wet weight apply in both situations. Trust your dealer for sure.

Good luck,

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think my lift is rated at 6,500lbs, it works very well with the AR240 but I would not want to have anything less. My thinking is, you always want to have some buffer in case of water intrusion, icing, whatever.

--

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
New boathouse and the lift for my 242 is also rated at 6500 lbs. More than enough to lift the boat with gas and even a few people in it.

spaceman2

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What are the prices of the boat lifts running 6500lb versions here on southwest coast of Florida I wonder. Any brand names?? What features to look for on them? Saint James City, Fla area

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Mine was custom built here on Texas for $3200 for the cradle only, not installed.

spaceman2

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Mine was custom built here on Texas for $3200 for the cradle only, not installed.
Thanks for the reply. Maybe will get some in this area.