• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What Boating/Fishing Hats and Balaclava's Do you Wear

What do you wear?

• Baseball Style Hat

Votes: 20 83.3%
  • Fishing Cap/Hat

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Balaclava

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was looking around today and can't find my fishing hats which I packed away. I also see a lot of serious fisherman wearing Balaclava's as well as hats. My concern lately has been UV protection and I can hardly stand using sun block or other type of lotion on my face. So I am debating what to do. I am steering toward a full Balaclava that is very breathable, lightweight and wicks moisture.

Post pics if you have them of what you wear.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Last edited:

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
From what I have seen and been told, skin cancers are the worst and most painful. Trying to be a bit smarter about being out in the sun, personally. I used to work in the oncology wing at the hospital. Saw a lot of things that were upsetting and sad.

Last edited:

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Your skin is your biggest organ. It protects everything else underneath.

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I love being outside but my skin is not on board. I call my self the sunblock poster child. I too hate sunscreens but I found this to be the best stuff for face and body. Its expensive but its the only thing I will use now. Try it and thank me later.20210407_081826.jpg

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I love being outside but my skin is not on board. I call my self the sunblock poster child. I too hate sunscreens but I found this to be the best stuff for face and body. Its expensive but its the only thing I will use now. Try it and thank me later.View attachment 156996
Ok I ordered it will try it out. We have been using SunBum but it gets in my eyes sometimes.

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Whats good about that stuff is after putting it on you Dont look like you just jumped out of a mayonnaise jar. It rubs in quickly

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Started wearing this big ol SOB at the end of last year. 4B2246D3-0AE0-4E19-907F-32962C194845.jpeg
Also wear a ball cap & fishing hat, all depends on conditions.
0CB120BD-79C7-4E68-B524-C70CF9558E60.jpeg55A16041-94AE-462B-9C07-FC387555F3A6.jpeg

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
When I was young and had my first 2 boats I was an idiot. I didn't use sunscreen or I used Tropical Blend tanning oil. Now I'm paying the price. The skin on my arms are thin as cellophane. When I get a bruise or a puncture, I can see rivers of blood moving inside my arms. It's disgusting looking and takes a month or so to disappear. I have to wear arm chaps when I'm doing anything. WEAR SUNSCREEN

DogDadDave

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm bald and only 31 so I have a lot of years ahead during which I need to take the sun seriously. I've been wearing this hat (without the neck and face covers) on vacations and boating for a few years. Light weight, cheap, dries quickly, and all the neck/face protection is easily removable. I've even worn it while snorkeling off St John when I had a sunburn. The brim isn't very firm so it will flip up at high speeds, but for its price I'm not afraid to accidentally leave it in a hotel room or lose it elsewhere.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I got a "gilligan hat" for Christmas a few years ago as a gift. Started wearing it on the boat last year. Beginning of June this year I spent 6 days in the Florida sun and didn't burn a single spot on my face. That's a personal record for me, I'm usually the idiot that doesn't use sunscreen at all after the "first burn" of the season. I'm working on getting better, and have just accepted my "dad hat" fate moving forward.

I would love to find something like this with some better ventilation, but I'm too picky to buy things online without trying them on first, and I don't frequent enough outdoor clothing places to get much of a chance to find my own. This one works, but is a little hot on my head from time to time.

This is a pic from June in Florida; you can see I have my mesh Yamaha shirt on here as well. I've also gotten where I keep a shirt on me most of the day unless I'm in the water. I've found several light cotton button up "aloha" shirts at Old Navy for a few bucks each, as well as Champion brand Nylon/Polyester perforated exercise shirts that stay pretty cool in the heat, breathe acceptably, and still look nice. Hoping to keep some sun off my shoulders and newfound dad-bod.

1626198954085.png

OB WI

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
I bought two of the Melin Hydro hats since they are water proof and float for anything around the water. They have a bunch of styles. Then I just pull up my hood to block more sun when needed.
Melin Hydro

I have a bunch of these hoodies for the water. These by far are my favorite shirts. I always have one with me.
Howler Brothers Loggerhead Hoodie

Miitch

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Doesn’t catch me much fish though 😎B49D532E-CBD0-4A1D-8446-0F78AF48D1F0.png

Can0n11

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I usually lather up some sun bum and a visor. But sometimes a baklava if I'm fishing for along time out in the open. If you get a baklava make sure it has a wide bell base, otherwise the base of your neck will be exposed.