• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What color is best for Seadek kit on a 2014 Yamaha 242 limited

Completeres08

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I am wanting to buy a kit but cant decide what color to go with. Storm Gray or Terra. Please help! Not concerned with it being hot just the look and the feel of the mat in lieu of carpet.

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My Brother in Law and I both have Terra in our 242 LS’s and it looks great since the boats are so classy to begin with.
I had planned on going with the grey in my AR190, as it has a sportier feel and seemed to go better with those boats.

Luckily I never had to make the decision as my 242 already had Seadek when I bought it and I never put it in the 190.

I think you’ll be happy whichever color you choose, the stuff is awesome.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Feel free to request samples, I would bet Will could help you out as he has to have some scraps.

What I have found after owning a couple boats with alternative flooring is matching the color scheme of the upholstery seems best. That and complimenting the exterior color.

Earth tones go with most colors, and many like the simulated wood colors. But again, look at the colors of your cushions and you will do fine. Either way, the feel is going to be appreciated by all no matter the color.

Personal preference will override all, as it has to make you happy.

Good luck!

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If you decide on grey there’s a cockpit kit for sale in the classifieds.

SeadDek kit $600

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

ross l

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just bought Terra over Black embossed for the cockpit and swim platform. Jetboatpilot.com had some combos on clearance for 1/3 off when I order in late January. I believe Kim there helped me and was very helpful. I recommend calling to find out what they have left on clearance.
My wife is an interior designer and we had samples of the gray and terra. She liked the terra more than gray. She said just what Biffdotorg said on the above reply..."it complements the upholstery" in my 2014 LS (black hull).

Completeres08

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I just bought Terra over Black embossed for the cockpit and swim platform. Jetboatpilot.com had some combos on clearance for 1/3 off when I order in late January. I believe Kim there helped me and was very helpful. I recommend calling to find out what they have left on clearance.
My wife is an interior designer and we had samples of the gray and terra. She liked the terra more than gray. She said just what Biffdotorg said on the above reply..."it complements the upholstery" in my 2014 LS (black hull).
This helps a bunch. I have a Black Hull and Tan interior gel coat. Then the typical dark grayish seats with white and cream. I think I will go with Terra over Black as well.

Completeres08

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length

piney1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Completeres08

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Some were saying chocolate was fading. I'm not the first owner of our boat, so if it has faded, it probably made it look more like actual wood. As I still love it.lake gypsy.jpg0D25932F-9CD9-42E1-BDB2-A8169B7BE6C0.jpeg

PPKap

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
My 242 Limited E came with grey and looks great. However, I wish I had a shade darker, maybe terra? I kept this section from winter storage to clean.

Attachments

ralphsmithiii

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length