• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What did i fix on my new 255xd today, no thanks to yammy....

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
So today I was cleaning the boat and noticed my port rear cup holders we not draining. Tried blowing water into the drains, no dice. So I decided to remove the cup holders and check the drain lines. Nothing was coming out of the lil weep fitting on the transom either. Low and behold this is what I found lol. Fucking sloppy fucks at yamaha. You break the fitting....put a new one but never hook the hose up and leave the broken part in the tube. All fixed... they drain out of the boat now rather then into the boat, and the fitting isn't a direct leak into the hull no more. Checked starboard side and its good surprisingly.

Attachments

Jim Davis

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
Sorry you have had so many problems with your new boat. Hopefully this is the exception and not the rule when it comes to Yamaha 2021 boats. Send all your problems and fixes to Yamaha. Maybe at least someone at corporate will care and fix some of their QC issues.

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Sorry you have had so many problems with your new boat. Hopefully this is the exception and not the rule when it comes to Yamaha 2021 boats. Send all your problems and fixes to Yamaha. Maybe at least someone at corporate will care and fix some of their QC issues.
I've ran this all the way to corporate. They called me Friday, will be working with dealer to remedy and be in the loop how all the repairs are done. Dropped boat off tonight, but of course without another incident. Starboard bow rail loosened up and ready to fall off lol.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I've run into several niggling issues on my 2020 212. So I totally get it. I had the same issue with both my rear cupholder drains. There's an "L" bracket in the center locker that's not mounted right, and too far away. They just gave the screw hell and hoped it would pull it closer. Nope just stripped the hole out. Lots of random nuts and bolts loose. Fortunately nothing mechanical. Cupholders also had basically zero sealant around them. The clean out hatch leaked like a sieve, also no sealant around that. Then a few things I had the dealer actually fix, and probably more that I'm forgetting. LOL!

I'm super torn about what my next boat will be. I really want to want another Yamaha, and if I don't go full on tow boat I will just cause it's a beast I know. However, there's little things that cost little to no money to correct. Take an extra 15 mins per boat and check them over a little closer. Yes I know you'll spend .00000001% of your profit margins in labor, but you'll turn a better product without these little problems. These are things a dealership shouldn't have to correct.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
They read the forum!

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I've ran this all the way to corporate. They called me Friday, will be working with dealer to remedy and be in the loop how all the repairs are done. Dropped boat off tonight, but of course without another incident. Starboard bow rail loosened up and ready to fall off lol.

SMH

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

My bolt came off for the same rail. It is not an easy fix. Check the seats around speaker/fiberglass insert to make sure they didn't damage them.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Yamaha QC has really taken a dump during covid. But knowing that a labor shortage, work stops/starts due to "lock downs", supply chain issues, and the general sense of "F It" that government enabled over the last 12 months, how surprised are we. I will say that Yamaha isn't the exception to the QC rule - every boat built during this time seems to have suffered from "build on a friday afternoon before a three day weekend" syndrome.

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I've run into several niggling issues on my 2020 212. So I totally get it. I had the same issue with both my rear cupholder drains. There's an "L" bracket in the center locker that's not mounted right, and too far away. They just gave the screw hell and hoped it would pull it closer. Nope just stripped the hole out. Lots of random nuts and bolts loose. Fortunately nothing mechanical. Cupholders also had basically zero sealant around them. The clean out hatch leaked like a sieve, also no sealant around that. Then a few things I had the dealer actually fix, and probably more that I'm forgetting. LOL!

I'm super torn about what my next boat will be. I really want to want another Yamaha, and if I don't go full on tow boat I will just cause it's a beast I know. However, there's little things that cost little to no money to correct. Take an extra 15 mins per boat and check them over a little closer. Yes I know you'll spend .00000001% of your profit margins in labor, but you'll turn a better product without these little problems. These are things a dealership shouldn't have to correct.
my clean out port locker def isnt sealed. Any water that gets in there goes right around the white plastic and into hull. Why even have drain ports in there? lol
Cup holders had no sealant either.

jmargo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yamaha QC has really taken a dump during covid. But knowing that a labor shortage, work stops/starts due to "lock downs", supply chain issues, and the general sense of "F It" that government enabled over the last 12 months, how surprised are we. I will say that Yamaha isn't the exception to the QC rule - every boat built during this time seems to have suffered from "build on a friday afternoon before a three day weekend" syndrome.
Same with the RV industry. The quality of new RV's is horrible. They are even shipping units unfinished and sending the parts to the dealer after to install just to get units out.

T.c.P

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
Here is a good one. Cruising along at 40 mph and the engine hatch opens. You can see the latches on the floor. I guess you have to pay even more to make sure each bolt is tight! This is after paying a small fortune to get the 10 hour maintenance done and getting the boat back with dirty surf mats. Lame!

Attachments

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Here is a good one. Cruising along at 40 mph and the engine hatch opens. You can see the latches on the floor. I guess you have to pay even more to make sure each bolt is tight! This is after paying a small fortune to get the 10 hour maintenance done and getting the boat back with dirty surf mats. Lame!
wow. At least your sides of the engine compartment arent chewed out to allow room for the piss hoses, Ill get a photo later today. Your starboard side i dont even see your hoses. Mine are draped over the ballast tank. Port side they "c" cut to allow more room lol which wasnt needed. Isnt there any standard for assembly there? Oh its monday lets build this boat "this way".

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
do your own 10hr, or the next one yourself. Easy peasy. I wont be bringing my boat back to dealer unless its catastrophic for warranty.

lowd77

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I found my port side captain chair wobbly. So I get down to take a look and found all 4 bolts started by hand but never turned in and tightened. The drivers captain chair I had to tighten them as well. Easy fix but overall haven't had many issues. I did pull the clean out tray and resealed it as water was definitely getting in the bilge from there.
My clock magically started working all by itself again... Automatic bilge function doesn't work and am sure there is a short in the wiring somewhere as it immediately pops any fuse. Dealer can figure that one out at the end of the season.

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I found my port side captain chair wobbly. So I get down to take a look and found all 4 bolts started by hand but never turned in and tightened. The drivers captain chair I had to tighten them as well. Easy fix but overall haven't had many issues. I did pull the clean out tray and resealed it as water was definitely getting in the bilge from there.
My clock magically started working all by itself again... Automatic bilge function doesn't work and am sure there is a short in the wiring somewhere as it immediately pops any fuse. Dealer can figure that one out at the end of the season.
the clock will work during certain time intervals. Seems like later in evening is when the math isnt correct.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Ask your dealer what they did for the $3k prep fee. I plan on asking mine this weekend.

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Ask your dealer what they did for the $3k prep fee. I plan on asking mine this weekend.
dont even go there lol. Im furious and i took it out on the yammy survey that just came in the mail. Im waiting for my dealer to call and ask why i blew them out on the survey.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
dont even go there lol. Im furious and i took it out on the yammy survey that just came in the mail. Im waiting for my dealer to call and ask why i blew them out on the survey.
Did you get your towel yet? lol