• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What did you pay for your 210?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Hey guys looking to see what everyone paid for their 210. Ideally looking for people that bought a left over '16 SX210. Trying to gauge what would be a good deal for a leftover '17 SX210.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey guys looking to see what everyone paid for their 210. Ideally looking for people that bought a left over '16 SX210. Trying to gauge what would be a good deal for a leftover '17 SX210.
33k but they didn't make a 2016. I bought it last July new thought

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Was 33k OTD? That is a hell of a price!

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am guessing the 210 lineup is the least popular, so if you find a dealer that have any leftovers in stock they probably will have it priced to move. It all really depends on your market as results will vary by area.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Best Price I have gotten is 42k OTD (includes 7%) tax and galvanized trailer. Waiting to hear a # from place I prefer to buy from. If you buy the YES warranty, they offer lifetime warranty on the engine.... and if you don't use the YES plan - they refund you the total amount paid for it.

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's not really a discount. That's pretty much just reduced by taxes and such making the MSRP the OTD price. That's what I would expect to see if purchasing it when 2017s were introduced. If that's near their bottom dollar (it's not) then you should just go for a 2018 when released. The price difference won't be that much, and you would rather have the newer model.

That dealer isn't selling that boat at that price to anybody that does research. That's likely their go to price for inquires they aren't sure are serious or not. Let them know you are serious and if they want to sell that boat before the 2018s are released they will need to do a lot better than that. You don't have to purchase from the dealers that are closest to you either. It may be worth it to open up to dealers that are further away.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I feel the same - I think 40k OTD is more reasonable for a '17. I am sure I can still get an '18 for 42kish OTD.

jeff_s

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I got my '17 AR210 in April for $38,850 OTD with a galvanized trailer and YES 3 year warranty.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Where was this? I'm ready to drive several hours for that deal. What's the text rate there?

jeff_s

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Where was this? I'm ready to drive several hours for that deal. What's the text rate there?
6.875% sales tax.

It was a boat show deal that I spent a few days working on between two dealerships to achieve. I put 1/2 down the day I signed papers (although I don't think that mattered)

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Well they came back at me with 41 out the door no extended warranty on an SX. No where close to your deal but in the right direction. Thinking of pushing for 40k but from what I'm hearing that just sounds like an ok deal. I have another dealer that wants to sell me an AR for 43.5 I need to call him back. Inventory seems super low in the state so might just wait.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Last edited:

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Down to about 39 with price matching an out of state dealer (Ohio).... doesn't seem like it will get much better than that here.

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
39 for an SX? Some markets are tougher than others. They aren't really giving you much reason to buy a 2017 though unless the money is burning a hole in your pocket, but if people are paying them that I wouldn't expect them to budge.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Unfortunately I have almost no data to say it is good or bad. One guy here got a killer deal on an AR, the other was a boat pushing a year old (but still new), which also had a lower MSRP. Based on what I have read, it seems many people say it is pretty difficult to get dealers off MSRP... but again no concrete data.

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Every dealer is different. The general idea is that Yamaha dealers stick closer to the MSRP vs other boats/vehicles, but that doesn't mean discounts aren't out there, and especially for leftovers. It's still summer though you may want to wait until after 2018 releases and summer is over. The poster above is probably more of an outlier than the rule for sure. He bought a leftover 2015 and that model wasn't produced in 2016 so no dealer wants to be hanging on to a leftover discontinued model.

I think upper 30s 37-38 is what I would pay for a leftover AR210. Anything above that and I would just opt for the 2018. Buying a leftover late in the season you are going to also be eating a year of depreciation without actually using it. If you buy a 2017 in November of 2017 (when 2018s are available), 1 year from then when 2019s are available you have two years of depreciation in the used market despite only owning it 1 year. So if you aren't getting any discount then you are potentially costing yourself. I would do some research in depreciation and start there, because despite the leftover being brand new it's already a year old in the used market, so you need to at least offset that.

Peter Alonso

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
41500 OTD for my 2018 SX210 with 10hr service free, large coastguard kit free