• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

What glue to use?

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I will be re-carpeting the trailer bunks next week. I plan to glue the new carpet on before stapling it. Which spray glue should I use?

Hmmm... I just stapled mine.

For what reason are you considering glue? Is there a glue tool that I missed? I would glue if there were a tool to buy for it...

I have used this in the way past making speaker boxes and works great.. I would try it, great idea.

12oz Polymat 777 Spray Glue Adhesive

I just stapled mine, also. I have not had any issues.

Gluing will only make it more difficult to change the carpet in the future.

I was thinking of using glue because I thought @Bruce referenced it when he did his which can be found in the FAQ section.

I don't think you need to glue them, just staple the carpet on good underneath with stainless steel staples.

Hmmm... I just stapled mine.

For what reason are you considering glue? Is there a glue tool that I missed? I would glue if there were a tool to buy for it...

Tim, you need this tool! A glue roller bottle is an absolutely great tool to have for all sorts of glue ups. I just used mine the other day to roll out the glue when making power jack pads for the motorhome.
31BLpOyjA2L.jpg
If you don't use a glue bottle for woodworking, having a roller frame is good for other times you need to coat a larger surface with glue, and this silicone roller spreads evenly and leaves a uniform layer.
158497.jpg

Back