• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What is included in the 100 hr service?

Bizywk

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Bought a 2018 242 LSE in June from a reputable Yamaha dealer with 40 hrs. Dealer did a really good job with a thorough maintenance and check-up certifying it at purchase. They even changed the oil, spark plugs, a trailer tire, a piece of sea deck, and a few other minor things. Very happy.

It didn't us take long for the dashboard to light like a Christmas tree up letting us know we hit our 100 hr service mark! :) Called the dealer and determined that the additional service will cost me a little over $400, but the service manager was pretty vague on what is actually included. When I pressed the question, he highlighted an oil and spark plugs change and hardware tightening (just done in early June 2021). He also said he could get to it in about a month if I left it today. Seems a high price for the same services that we already include in every winterization and I don't want to end our 2021 boating season just yet with our boat in the dealer's lot waiting for service.

It really seems like there MUST be more involved in the 100hr service if Yamaha is highlighting it as important - such as impeller bearing lubrication or something?

The Yamaha site only offers the Operators Manual for our boat and not the Service Manual so I'm still actively looking for a place that offers the factory service manual.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would just do whatever the OM says for the 100hr service. It looks like it's a thorough list of things to go through and if you do it yourself, you know it's been done and done properly.