• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What is ist-ereverse?

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I see this "IST with e-reverse" as an option on the Chaparral page but no description of what it is, only that it isn't available with the Medallion touch screen. So, does anybody know what it is/does?

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
From what I can see it is a fine tuner gizmo that allows you to get a true neutral. Saw this video discussing it. Jump to about 1:05 mark to get to the meat of the discussion. To bad the interviewer isn't wise enough to step out of the way so we can see the gate movements.

Yan Masse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I see this "IST with e-reverse" as an option on the Chaparral page but no description of what it is, only that it isn't available with the Medallion touch screen. So, does anybody know what it is/does?
here is a video explaining the iST

You can have some details on the Scarab page too.

I dont know what is the e-reverse but it may be something with throttle control/docking mode?

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Well that's pretty cool. I wonder why it isn't compatible with the Medallion touch screen - you can get one or the other but not both.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I wonder why Yamaha hasn't migrated theirs over from the skis yet.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I wonder why Yamaha hasn't migrated theirs over from the skis yet.
It's probably on their short list but the added cost holds it back.

Vortex2430

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
We just bought the 2017 2430 and got both the madallion and ereverse. It's only available on the 2017 boats to get both. And yes from our understanding and what others have said it's a true neutral