• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What is the "real" top speed for a 190 FSH Sport? Apples to apples...

Swimmingly

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm considering buying one of the last FSH Sports in my area. Been searching on BoatTest, BoatingMagazine, and other videos. I've seen top speeds shown between 39 to 43, and even 50 mph! I think the lowest top speed was posted by a CA boat, so that might explain a top speed on the lower end of the speed-spectrum. These were all posted with one person onboard and about 15 gallons of fuel, and all seemed to be around sea-level, on a summer day, in calm conditions...

I know the load-out and atmospheric conditions will effect top speed, but ideally, what's been your top speed?

I'll add that I'll be running around in FL on the Gulf, intercostal, rivers, and around the beaches too.

Can any FSH Sport owners chime in please?

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
44 mph one person, full tank, no gear. 36 mph,3 people, lots of ice, gear, poles, full cooler, full bait well. We cruise around 29-32 mph fully loaded for fishing offshore, conditions permitting.

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Fully loaded for us is three people, I have five on board some time if it's only to cruise and picnic. The only way I would have 8 on board is if we had to save people that had their boat sink or something.

highanddryinco

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
For a good time, come up to a 10,000 foot lake here in CO. That's where I got in trouble for asking Mrs Highanddry to move the front seat because I needed ballast to achieve plane. Ouch! Major power loss. That's smooth water, throttle pegged, two people.
IMG_20160623_134708549_HDR.jpgIMG_20160623_134708549_HDR.jpg

Danielmailin

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
35 mph with full tank 3 persons, full of ice and rods in 2' waves in marathon Fl.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
These boats sound like they are way under powered.

jetfisher

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Two of us ,3/4 tank of fuel, little to no gear, top was just a tick over 40 on gps. 6 of us last night, full fuel, no gear and top was 31 on gps.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
These boats sound like they are way under powered.
Not necessarily. When well tuned with no cavitation, they are impressive out the hole and pull nicely, even when heavy loaded. Just not designed for high speed.

Swimmingly

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I don't have one (yet), but I was expecting the FSH's performance to be identical to AR190 or SX190. Seems to be the case.

sx998

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I drove my brother in laws FSH today. No gear, two people at sea level. Feels like theres more boat than power. No problem breaking 40 today but I really wish it had more power. Really cool boat though. There is a lot to like. Hope to see the FSH with the supercharged engine next year.

Swimmingly

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If I make a purchase and the item has a motor, I almost always go with the SC or turbo option. My last three cars were either SC'd or turbo'd (Jeeps aren't offered with boost, or I'd have one of those now...but don't really need it). That's what made the AR192 so attractive for me, but its apparently the wrong time of the year for an AR192 purchase in FL (except for two more people lol). Personally, I'd like to see a 19' SC'd version of the FSH.

If Yam did anything to upgrade the FSH line, I could see them making a 21' FSH with two motors...that would be an insanely popular boat.

Billy Marlin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
2 people with gear and ice chest got up to around 40mph but at 13GPH I rarely find myself going full speed.

I can only imagine that the price tag of a larger model with dual motors would jump into a market they could not compete with.

jetfisher

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I can count on one hand the amount of days I will probably get that allow for wot, Ive already used 2 in the last week. This boat has performed well for itself in the times I have used it. I had a 24 foot boat that was underpowered and with 6 adults on board I would been using every bit of trim tab I could and a whole lot of power. This boat with 6 ...two at the helm, two on flip up seats and two ahead of console, jumped up on top with less than full throttle applied. A 6k cruise and was comfortable. Each person has a need and a desire for speed thats for sure. This fits my needs.

I agree with billy, a 21 with twins and i dont think it would be in the same ball park with other boats.

John2016

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hi, I'm new to this forum and I'm too in the market for a 190 FSH sport. Have any of you guys pulled a skier on this boat? Will it pull a skier? Also I would like to ask if any of you had any issues with the 190 FSH since it is first gen of its kind. Thanks!!

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I think if you were going to go with 2 motors it would be a 24'.

Billy Marlin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
@John2016 besides some quality issues and water issues the motor has been pretty solid but its not new. They did have some trailer issues with the 2015 models but I have not heard of any major issues with the 2016 models.

John2016

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@John2016 besides some quality issues and water issues the motor has been pretty solid but its not new. They did have some trailer issues with the 2015 models but I have not heard of any major issues with the 2016 models.
Thanks!

Swimmingly

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks for all the replies! Great forum here btw.

I recently decided to check the weights of both boats, since unequal weights could interrupt an apples-t0-apples comparison.

AR190 - 2147 lbs
FSH Sport - 2293 lbs

I'd think an additional 146 more pounds would make for a slower top sped, but not too much.

SoftballBryan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I dont care about top speed per se, but I'd like the boat to hop on plane quicker. I seem to hover mid plan in the ocean and it's lame. That being said, I don't have much experience with prior boats to compare it to...