• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What is this? Bottom of the boat starboard side

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
For that boat, my guess is the thru hull for water intake/drain for water ballast system.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
are you laying on the ground taking the picture??
I would be concerned with a plastic fitting banging/bouncing/ rubbing on a bunk board

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
are you laying on the ground taking the picture??
I would be concerned with a plastic fitting banging/bouncing/ rubbing on a bunk board
It's the dumbest design ever, but the 212x is in a spot right over a bunk too. It's like WTF of all the places to put a fill/drain hole you chose that spot? No idea why they didn't keep it where they had it on the old boats near the pump.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I saw that and texted my sales guy and he's like yup totally normal. I said well it may be normal, but it sure as hell ain't right. 20200504_172719.jpg

Jim Davis

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
Yes I was laying under the boat 242xe
Thank you for the response guys. Just wanted to make sure that was normal

AmesJainchill

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Ah so it is on an X series.. I was thinking it was installed on an LSE (non-x) which would have been even more odd. Was about to go look under my boat, lol.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Especially for a plastic fitting that looks to be sealed with black RTV. :facepalm:
Right? If you recover back onto the trailer and you're not deep enough, the chances of dragging that down the bunk and ripping it out are pretty high. SERIOUSLY Yamaha.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The designer obviously did not overlay the trailer build specs., when they decided to place it there.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The designer obviously did not overlay the trailer build specs., when they decided to place it there.
in the off season I'm going to notch out that bunk.

Troy JK

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yep, same on my 2020 242x. I wonder how long it will be before the lip gets broken off.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
This is a better location:

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
When launching and retrieving, I think we need to dunk the trailer little further than normal so not to drag this opening trim on the bunks increasing risk to damaging this trim piece and/or the bunk until a better solution can be identified. Not a fan of notching the bunk but we need to think of another alternative? Can’t think of one at the moment.

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Holy shit is that a safety hazard. A plastic thru hull fitting right over a bunk where is can easily be ripped off and sinks the boat.
Yamaha engineers aren't very bright.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
When launching and retrieving, I think we need to dunk the trailer little further than normal so not to drag this opening trim on the bunks increasing risk to damaging this trim piece and/or the bunk until a better solution can be identified. Not a fan of notching the bunk but we need to think of another alternative? Can’t think of one at the moment.
Can the bunks be moved in slightly?

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
It actually just sits on top of the bunk when you pull the trailer out. It isn't on the bunk when you are sliding forward. This is a none issue of ripping it off.

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It actually just sits on top of the bunk when you pull the trailer out. It isn't on the bunk when you are sliding forward. This is a none issue of ripping it off.
Just like plastic suppers had no chance of cracking and sinking your boat. Sorry but this is poor engineering