• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What is this chic riding?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Insert "That's what she said joke here"....

Ok, now that that's out of the way. What kind of water board device is this chic riding? Looks narrower than my wakeskate, has bindings close together like a slalom ski, but it's wider and shorter than a ski. WTF is this thing?!?

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Looks like a slalom ski and wake surfboard hybrid. Not sure I understand the need or the point.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Looks like fun to me. Same point as any other water toy/board. Ride what you like right?
Fair enough. It would be nice to understand the design thoughts for this board.

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I’m intrigued

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

h2oskierfl95

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Insert "That's what she said joke here"....

Ok, now that that's out of the way. What kind of water board device is this chic riding? Looks narrower than my wakeskate, has bindings close together like a slalom ski, but it's wider and shorter than a ski. WTF is this thing?!?

It's a slalom trick ski. Been around long before wakeboarding. They can be ridden combo or slalom. Super flat bottom and no fins allow for some really amazing tricks.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Trick ski for sure. My grandpa gave me a wood one he had in his garage for decades. I never did ride it... it might be in my mom's garage. What's wild is, in competition, they do a pass holding the rope in their hands like you'd expect and then make a second pass with the rope strapped to their ankle. Erika Lang (@erikalang37 instagram) is the current world champ. She's also a pro wakeboarder, and she's pretty dominant in both.
http://instagr.am/p/CrhP5blPShM/
The second reel is her ankle strapped pass. 🤯

h2oskierfl95

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Trick ski for sure. My grandpa gave me a wood one he had in his garage for decades. I never did ride it... it might be in my mom's garage. What's wild is, in competition, they do a pass holding the rope in their hands like you'd expect and then make a second pass with the rope strapped to their ankle. Erika Lang (@erikalang37 instagram) is the current world champ. She's also a pro wakeboarder, and she's pretty dominant in both.
http://instagr.am/p/CrhP5blPShM/
The second reel is her ankle strapped pass. 🤯
If you really want to see something impressive, check out swivel skiing. Picture a wide slalom ski but the binding on it is on ball bearings that rotate 360 degrees around. I was a show skier back in my younger days and the girls that can ride these have serious talent. I tried numerous times and never even got up.

Swivel Skiing

jeffrt

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I remember trying to get up on a pair of trick skis when I was younger, and they’re not easy at all. The smooth bottoms make them slide all over the place. Gives you a huge appreciation of the talent these pros have.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you really want to see something impressive, check out swivel skiing. Picture a wide slalom ski but the binding on it is on ball bearings that rotate 360 degrees around. I was a show skier back in my younger days and the girls that can ride these have serious talent. I tried numerous times and never even got up.

Swivel Skiing
I only learned about swivel skiing from a Shaun Murray video last year. I think I'll avoid it like I've avoided trick skiing. Not going to be my thing.