• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

What is this " Happy New Year" ?

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We say it...at least I do or have.

Happy New Year

What does that really mean?

Are we asking for a Happy New Year? Are we wishing a Happy New Year to someone? Really?

I mean, sure...I guess I hope I mean that the person I've directed my well wishes towards will be happy...but not for just this year...for a long, long time. And I suppose I really wish more for them than that. Much more. But we move too fast. We don't have time to say it all....at least that's what we tell ourselves.

To all I've wished a "Happy New Year" to and to those I've yet to, what I really meant to say...

I hope the baby you are expecting is healthy and grows strong and bright. That you find the patience and endurance you'll need to grow as a family. And the love and respect to keep it all together. And the money to pay for the damn thing.

Get well. I really hope that health issue my friend has is resolved - like now. I miss seeing him around when we get together. One of the few I can beat at horseshoes regularly. Get well my friend.

An old acquaintance I saw needs a job, I hope he finds one, That would certainly make him Happy.

Happy New Year to my buddy it means I really, really hope you get your boat running well this year. (Self-centered, but dual purpose wishes count) hey, if he's happy, I'm happy too!

What I really meant to say to someone very close; I'm there for you if you need me, go for it.

To another, via phone..yes, it's been a long time, let's not let that happen again. Even though we both know it will and we'll say the same damn thing next year.

A business associate who is out of state taking care of his mother. He called New Years Eve, I pray for them. He's a good man. A good son. I didn't say Happy New Year to him. It won't be happy.

To the little kids at the party able to stay up till midnight (one), to the dates of strangers, friends of friends, in the whirlwind of the hour...we shout it, we sing it. Happy, happy, joy, joy!
Good grades, good jobs, good health, goodness all around. Happy is good too.

To those who mean the most...a hug. It's that simple.

Happy New Year

Does it sum up what we, I, really mean when I say that? No, it doesn't.

But you know what I mean :cool:

Cheers to you my friend.

And welcome back!

@Glassman's witty humor is back!! The year will now be happy!

Damn...after reading that I dont know if I want all that pressure to wish someone a Happy New Year.

Glad you're here!! And....Happy New Year!! :D

Here's to hopin'....

I hope I have more time to hang around here and help when I can, learn when I can't and live vicariously through some of our more adventurous members.

I hope everyone starts the season off well and ends it even better.

Thanks to all who make this site possible and for letting me feel a part of this great world of boaters. Boaters and "Kitchen People", my two favorite, well two OF my favorite peoples.

You know who I'm referring to when I say "Kitchen People" right?

Those, like me, who tend to gravitate to the kitchen at any gathering. We don't need know fancy living room couch, we got the counter to lean on. We don't need no fancy cellophane wrapped toothpicks for the tasty treats you've prepared...we use the tools God gave us as you rush past with a tray of whatever, destined for the "guests" who aren't crowding your kitchen...haha.
Yes, we get in the way, but you know we appreciate everything you do....

:cool:

I wish I could get this idea through my wife's head....I can count the times that we have eaten in the "formal" dining room on one hand!! The "formal" living room is for my two dogs, they have made them a nice place to hang out when they are in the house...unless we are in the kitchen eating!!

Nicely said! I hope everyone can have a Happy New Year, and if life throws you a curve you recover fast, have friends and family you can lean on, and that you chose to Happiness as soon as you can....(deep thoughts)....:winkingthumbsup"

Thank you @Glassman for the well
Wishes and the explanation of what you meant. Most of all, thank you for being a member of the community. oh, and Happy New Year to you and yours too! And I think you know what I mean by that! Thanks again, I was wondering why the atmosphere was better here today, now I know!

Can't wait to see how you disect Good Morning, Good Afternoon, and Good Evening!

This one is for you @BigN8 ...

Ha! Love that movie!!

Happy New Year @Glassman !

Well said and as a fellow "Kitchen Person" I couldn't agree more.

Back