• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What time do you get up to go boating?

What time do you leave the house to go boating?

• Total voters

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So my son and I are on a bus to squaw valley and on the way there he asks, "what is the earliest time we left to go boating for the day?"

I responded that we usually leave the house no earlier than 7 realizing that at we left the house at 4 this morning to go snowboarding. This got me wondering how early everyone else gets up to go boating. I know time will vary so just go with your average or usual time.
image.jpeg
Well back to the program for the day, only 3 hours to go before we mayb snowboard for up to 7. Travel time for this activity exceeds that of boating. Why do I do this again? Oh yeah! The reason is right next to me.
image.jpg

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We typically leave the house by 8:30, down the ramp around 9. That's enough to beat the crowds at our local lake. On a typical day, we'll load back up around 6pm. Rinse and repeat the following day.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Um 10am maybe lol! Our boat is usually in a dry dock marina where I call and they drop it in so I don't have to fight ramp traffic or parking issues. As Long as I'm at the Island by noon there is usually no issues trying to get a spot on the beach to put the boat either. I know @veedubtek has had 5am boat days as we both did last July.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ronnie, enjoy the snowboarding. Unfortunately we have had a slow season here as far as winter and I don't have a colorado, wyoming, or west trip planned for this off year. As far as getting up for boating, I don't usually get to sleep the night before so I don't really "get up". We usually leave at ~9 AM or whenever the teenagers get around to rolling out of bed and showing up. I have tried to involve them but I have more fun having everything ready including the breakfast sandwiches. I think the leaving and drive up is one of the greatest parts. Adventure

Show us some pictures of snow

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I think the earliest I ever got my girls moving on a boat day was after 9am. I love the early water. When we would go to the lake for our vacation, I would get up at 5ish, take coffee to the boat and hit the water by myself....LOVE the slick morning water with nobody out. I'd just shut it off in the middle of the lake and watch the sun come up. Serious serenity right there.

6:30 am Lake Martin Alabama:

0615110636.jpg

JetSet407

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
8am usually, Eat breakfast and get the boat ready. I try to be at the ramp and in the water by 10. My wife is usually dragging her feet in the morning. But all she has to do is get dressed.. Let me not get started. Lol! :shifty:

treeskier

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We generally don't get on the water until after lunch but since we live on the water its not ever a huge rush to get going and zero travel. Usually we stay out after dark and we are going to bars and restaurants that won't really get going until lunch time often we wont return until after 10pm.

Now snow skiing is totally different since the POW is perishable. We have a vacation home in Midway Utah and many times we have been up and out before 6:00am on a powder day to wait in line at the bottom of the canyon road for them to clear and do avalanche control to get to Snowbird and Alta. But by 2:30 or 3:00 we are done.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
We don't usually get out on the water here at our home lake until around 5pm. We don't want to burn and we don't do much water sports anymore. That said, when the kids bless us with their presence, we will go earlier. But our game is to have snacks, beverages, dinner, and all we need for a long evening. We get out and cruise for awhile, maybe 30 minutes, ending at our favorite anchorage for the evening.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Ronnie that is certainly THE reason to do it, hopefully it will give him some good memories and help him understand for the future what a parent does for their kids,

we usually boat on the weekdays after work, 4-8pm, if we do go on the weekend it's usually at the ramp at 10am.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
now when we went fishing in the gulf with my dad, if you weren't on the water at sunrise you were already way behind schedule!

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I voted based on what actually happens (after 7 a.m.) but if it was up to me we'd be hitting the road around 6:30 a.m. when we go. (We've managed that once or twice but it wasn't easy.)

When I used to take my sailboat out I'd leave the house at 6:00 a.m. I could get to the lake, rig, sail for an hour or so, drop the rig, drive home, unhook, and be at work by 11:00 a.m.

1rjclark

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just because I'm up before 7am doesn't mean we actually leave that early. I have a wife and children that equates to a much later departure time. I normally tell everyone I want to leave an hour earlier then I intend on leaving. Works for me

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
We're in the leave the house around 10-10:30am camp. me + wife and 2 kids (teen girl and 12yr boy). Also 2 dogs most days. Hardest one to get moving is the teen daughter (duhh right?). Then we are about 45 minutes from driveway to slip. (negative 2 when I left my house today for work, so can't wait until the day comes when we are back at the boat slip!)

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
I'm impressed that you can get yours to move at all. What's your secret?
sometimes it's luck. sometimes its because she has friends going (sometimes that doubles or triples the problem). sometimes, honestly, we give up and go without her. :)

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We try to leave our house about 11:30 and are typically in the water by about 12. Cam.

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I don't usually get going till 11am or so. And the lake is 2 minutes down my street.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We get up and are on the road at about 8:30-9:30. The ramp is an hour and a half from our house. :(

PolarXJ

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For boat race weekend I'm on the water typically by 6am. Primarily to avoid crowded ramps. But normal planned boating day usually on the water around 10 or 11 and stay until about 7 or 8. Unplanned boating days we just grab the boat and go. We only have a 5 minute drive to the river.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I've got to agree with all the night owls on here. We normally don't even try to crawl out of bed until around 9am. Then coffee, make breakfast and morning chores/honey do's. I would have to say that if we leave the house before noon I am impressed. (me, wife, 10 y/o boy, 1- great dane).

Of course then we boat and eat on the water and don't see the dock till dark thirty!! Around this time of year = 8/9pm.