• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What to expect upon delivery.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I’m kind of aiming this one @PJ73 as I know he took delivery of his boat from the same dealer I am going to (Team Winnebagoland Oshkosh, WI). Are they fairly thorough going through everything? What do they provide, any freebies thrown in (vests, fenders, etc.)? I’m looking to set up delivery mid April, I’ve prepared as much as I can without having the boat in front of me, just figuring out last details. Thanks in advance!!

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Expect rain.

Before you get there, make sure you have the correct hitch!

If you haven't, get the boat on the water for a test ride. Press/turn every button and switch, of course asking what it does before you do. Look in every compartment and crevice. Ask for the shipping cover. Check the boat ID/Hull # matches the invoice. Don't feel shy, it's your boat and their job to orient you to it.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Pull the access covers on clean out plug tray, shine a light and see if they cleaned up all building debre. If they havent ask for them to.

hamsammy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We bought from them as well. No freebies, but they are very thorough. They will take you on the water and show you how everything functions, just be sure to dress warm, mid April is cold. I would suggest the Mission Sentry fenders (mounted with the Airhead SUP suction cups), and please have them upgrade the bow roller on the trailer. It can't be stressed enough what a POS the one that comes on the trailer is.

seventyeight

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Expect rain.

Before you get there, make sure you have the correct hitch!

If you haven't, get the boat on the water for a test ride. Press/turn every button and switch, of course asking what it does before you do. Look in every compartment and crevice. Ask for the shipping cover. Check the boat ID/Hull # matches the invoice. Don't feel shy, it's your boat and their job to orient you to it.
For towing, call the dealer and ask what connector is on the trailer. I did my homework and realized my car only had the 7-pin round connector, while the trailer had a 4-pin flat connector. The dealer may have an adaptor to sell you, but better be sure.

seventyeight

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The guy who did the orientation for me went over all functions/controls, kind of knew all that from research, but let him do it anyway. He also showed me how to install -remove the mooring cover. That helped. At that point I asked if he could give me the shipping cover, which he did.
Unfortunately, I had to turn around after about a mile due to really bad vibration on the trailer. Turned out the tires were flat spotted, he did double checked wheel lugs torque, and adjusted air pressure. left again, some vibration was still there and eventually cleared after about 10 miles on the freeway.

hamsammy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The 2019 trailers have the 7-pin round connector, no need for the adapter anymore.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
This one is a 2018, it has the 5 flat connector on the trailer which I have the adaptor for.

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
As stated above they seem to be fair and in-line on their pricing. Remember that any deal you feel good about is always a good deal. Doesn't matter what others think. They are always available to answer questions but Freebies are kinda tough to get, some things they can throw in and others they will work on the price with you. I will pick mine up in Mid-April as well, I believe I have everything covered (just need to make sure I get the black cover and not the gray) except for a couple small items I will address when I sign the final paperwork. I got my financing through a credit union at a full1.5% lower than what Yamaha or others could touch. So, I'll just bring two cashiers checks, one for my down payment and one for the financing of the boat. Finance will just plug in the numbers and away I go.
They were able to hook up my window tint, ball order, color matched registration, sea decking that I wanted and my bow roller (which they'll change when they take it out for sea trial).
My cousin closed on his 2018, 212X in January, he stated no issues and it went smooth. He was happy with his deal and how he was treated.
The true test will be followup and any issues I run into. Anyone can sell a boat, a good company will build and maintain a relationship, but, I'm not too worried about that, they seem to be genuine.
Here's the bow roller they hooked me up with, color to match the boat...
693FF034-5822-409F-BF1A-9D69F7E913EB.jpeg

Last edited:

Brad460

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@PJ73- In some cases it seems the dealer can get better loan terms - for example- We bank with Landmark and their published rates are higher than what Winnebagoland is telling me they can get. That being said, I see Kohler CU is offering some damn good boat rates (lower 4%'s) working directly with them..

Who are you going with?

Anyways, we are looking to wait until mid-late May to pick ours up.... We dont boat before then anyways..

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@PJ73- In some cases it seems the dealer can get better loan terms - for example- We bank with Landmark and their published rates are higher than what Winnebagoland is telling me they can get. That being said, I see Kohler CU is offering some damn good boat rates (lower 4%'s) working directly with them..

Who are you going with?

Anyways, we are looking to wait until mid-late May to pick ours up.... We dont boat before then anyways..
Empower Credit Union in Milwaukee - 78 month at 3.49%. With what I'm putting down, I should have the boat paid off in less than 4 yrs. Hopefully...
Be careful with the credit unions, if you don't live or work in a county they service, they won't lend to you. Also, a lot of the rates they post are for scores over 800 with direct deposit.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@PJ73 I like that roller, do they have a bunch of colors to choose from? I'm picking up the Slate Blue 210 FSH (it's on their site, marked sold) and I'd love to get a matching one.

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@PJ73 I like that roller, do they have a bunch of colors to choose from? I'm picking up the Slate Blue 210 FSH (it's on their site, marked sold) and I'd love to get a matching one.
Call up there, Troy and Chris know me, tell them you want the same roller (insert your color), they'll order it for you.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Call up there, Troy and Chris know me, tell them you want the same roller (insert your color), they'll order it for you.
Definitely will. Thanks again, we'll have to try and get together on one of your beautiful lakes this summer!

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Agree with most (all?) of the above. One more thing on the sea trial, though: when I bought my dealer taught me how to take it off the trailer and put it on the trailer. In fact, when we were done, I put it on (and took it off and put it on and took it off...until I was comfy). That helped muchly when I was out on my own the first time. Highly recommend.

Bubbjr7

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The 2019 trailers have the 7-pin round connector, no need for the adapter anymore.
My 2018 212 LS came with a 2019 shorelander galvanized trailer with a 5-pin. I needed the adapter.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Agree with most (all?) of the above. One more thing on the sea trial, though: when I bought my dealer taught me how to take it off the trailer and put it on the trailer. In fact, when we were done, I put it on (and took it off and put it on and took it off...until I was comfy). That helped muchly when I was out on my own the first time. Highly recommend.
Yes, I’d say that’s great advice too. I have had a couple of boats before this one, I guess I was searching more for dealer related things. I’ve been lurking around this forum since I put my deposit in September last year (yes it’s been the longest 6 months ever, in case you’re wondering!) and have dug up a lot of good knowledge here.

YamahaKub

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I had a great experience getting my boat from them. Spent a lot if time with them on accessories and going though combination of accessories that would work for me and my desire to Musky fish out of the FSH. Good pricing. Not much different from online prices. They stayed open late for me multiple times as I would head over there after work. Troy, Cory and Chris are great people to work with. Never any pressure and always would provide factual advice. Tested them a few time in the beginning. Quickly admit when they did not know something instead of just giving you a sales line. This is what I look for in a sales organization. Generally, I have continued to buy accessories from them. Even if a bit more $, cause I appreciate the great service and attitude.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I had a great experience getting my boat from them. Spent a lot if time with them on accessories and going though combination of accessories that would work for me and my desire to Musky fish out of the FSH. Good pricing. Not much different from online prices. They stayed open late for me multiple times as I would head over there after work. Troy, Cory and Chris are great people to work with. Never any pressure and always would provide factual advice. Tested them a few time in the beginning. Quickly admit when they did not know something instead of just giving you a sales line. This is what I look for in a sales organization. Generally, I have continued to buy accessories from them. Even if a bit more $, cause I appreciate the great service and attitude.
I agree, I started this process with them last September, throughout they have been upfront, honest, and have gone out of their way to help me. I have already recommended them to several friends and will continue to do so. I expect this last 2 weeks to go smoothly, and am looking forward to delivery. They didn’t even hold it against me that I’m a F.I.B.