• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What to look for buying 2018 210 fsh today

Caseysmith9

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
First time posting. Hopefully everything will work out this morning where I can go pick up a 2018 210 fsh sport from a private seller. Never had a jet boat and have used but haven’t owned a boat in 18-20 years. We are meeting at the lake going for a ride. What do I need to check and what questions should I ask? It has 106 hrs and he just had the 100 hr service done. Thanks in advance for any help

Casey

Dumbassbass

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Port Clinton, Ohio - Western Basin Lake Erie
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
First time posting. Hopefully everything will work out this morning where I can go pick up a 2018 210 fsh sport from a private seller. Never had a jet boat and have used but haven’t owned a boat in 18-20 years. We are meeting at the lake going for a ride. What do I need to check and what questions should I ask? It has 106 hrs and he just had the 100 hr service done. Thanks in advance for any help

Casey
Don't be afraid to climb all over And under that vessel including engine and all hatches. Make sure everything works - lights, pumps, pissers, all electronics, have them tell you what safety and other equipment is included, have them demonstrate "no wake", "cruise assist", "jet wash" stereo, vhf, depth/chart/gps (if applicable)
Both engines in forward/reverse. Go through the full range of throttle levers before running and Once started and on the water. Both engines should run at idle approximately 1200 rpms and wide open throttle between 7800 amd 8000 rpms.Run that boat a good 30 minutes then shut both engines down a few minutes restart them - repeat.
Hopefully others will add to this if I have forgotten something. Good Luck! You'll Love It!

Last edited:

Caseysmith9

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Don't be afraid to climb all over And under that vessel including engine and all hatches. Make sure everything works - lights, pumps, pissers, all electronics, have them tell you what safety and other equipment is included, have them demonstrate "no wake", "cruise assist", "jet wash" stereo, vhf, depth/chart/gps (if applicable)
Both engines in forward/reverse. Go through the full range of throttle levers before running and Once started and on the water. Both engines should run at idle approximately 1200 rpms and wide open throttle between 7800 amd 8000 rpms.Run that boat a good 30 minutes then shut both engines down a few minutes restart them - repeat.
Hopefully others will add to this if I have forgotten something. Good Luck! You'll Love It!
Great info. Thank you very much!!

Gunner

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Get up into intake grates make sure impellors aren't too dinged up, make sure clean out ports go in and out easy, make sure oil is not milky on dipstick, check for damage on bottom of hull (crawl under boat with flashlite) take it out and make sure your hitting around 40mph or so.

Caseysmith9

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Get up into intake grates make sure impellors aren't too dinged up, make sure clean out ports go in and out easy, make sure oil is not milky on dipstick, check for damage on bottom of hull (crawl under boat with flashlite) take it out and make sure your hitting around 40mph or so.
Thanks!!!!

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I purchased a private sale 212S with 2 years of yes warranty on it. To get the warranty to transfer a Yamaha dealer had to inspect, for $200 bucks. I had the inspection done before the sale. I am afraid to say this out load because someone will tell me it was a scam I didn't need the inspection 😎 but it did give me peace of mind.😀