• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What would happen Diesel fuel in 2015 SX210

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Not sure I f you guys heard about this but Sam’s Club in Virginia Beach and Costco in Norfolk had a mixup with gas about a week and a half ago and all of their tanks for regular gas had diesel fuel in them instead. They are paying to have everyone’s cars fixed and it has been a big ordeal. I got gas two days before the bad gas was delivered supposedly and filled my gas up in the boat. My question is I don’t believe I got any of the bad gas but what would happen if diesel fuel was ran in our engines (mine is 2015 SX210) Supposedly cars would not even start. I felt like after putting the gas in last time the boat was running a little bit louder than normal but again I think I missed dates for diesel fuel mixup and got mine a few days before the mishap (supposedly)

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Diesel fuel is far more oily than gas... If it was straight diesel I don't think it would even start... Diesels have to get hot before conbustion. Niw it is had a small amount of diesel and like 90% gasoline then that may be a different story... Motor may run but I don't think it would be happy!

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I know from personal experience if you pour one gallon of gas and 5 gallons of diesel in a large sawed off barrel full of human waste, it will burn and keep you warm for about an hour on a cold morning in the middle of the desert, and might let you skip PT.

Oh, that's not what you were asking.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know from personal experience if you pour one gallon of gas and 5 gallons of diesel in a large sawed off barrel full of human waste, it will burn and keep you warm for about an hour on a cold morning in the middle of the desert, and might let you skip PT.

Oh, that's not what you were asking.
Lmao

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Even if it wont start, it wont ruin anything. You would just have to pump out as much of the tank and fill with gas.
We get about one car a month at the dealer( usually a prius) with diesel in it