• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Where are the RCAs (2016 242 Limited SE)?

DSCLLC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Sorry for the stupid question, but I'm at a loss...

Where are the RCA pre-outs on a 2016 242 Limited SE? Are they hidden somewhere?

Thanks,
DS

DSCLLC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Never mind...found them. For future reference for other people, in the battery compartment, they were tucked behind the board the tuner/amp module is mounted on. White and brown wires coming out from the bottom of the tuner/amp module.

jsdavidson

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Question - I am adding 2 amps to my 2016 242 Limited SE? I plan to rewire all the speakers including the additional of a JL Audio Sub and Wetsound Rev 10 Towers speakers. Should I put the amps behind the steering wheel in that compartment or its seems like it will be a lot easier to install the amps in the battery compartment? 2nd question - if you add the amps - how do you shut off the internal amp in the Polk? or does it auto-sense? anybody try to continue to use the Tweeters installed in the tower?

DSCLLC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Question - I am adding 2 amps to my 2016 242 Limited SE? I plan to rewire all the speakers including the additional of a JL Audio Sub and Wetsound Rev 10 Towers speakers. Should I put the amps behind the steering wheel in that compartment or its seems like it will be a lot easier to install the amps in the battery compartment? 2nd question - if you add the amps - how do you shut off the internal amp in the Polk? or does it auto-sense? anybody try to continue to use the Tweeters installed in the tower?
I put my single amp in the compartment for the same reasons (just a lot easier and a good place to mount it vertically). I haven’t noticed any problems. Just keep the power cables away from the RCAs. Granted, I’m not an audiophile so perhaps there’s a good reason not do it this way. I couldn’t find one.

I still use the tower tweeters. Once you put some power behind the other speakers, they aren’t out of place anymore (IMO).