• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Where can I find a cam bar for a lock assembly?

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm looking for the gold metal piece in this pic. I can find the ENTIRE lock assembly, but all I need is that one little piece, and I'm not wanting to pay $30+ for the whole assembly just to get that piece. Any ideas?

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
lol, very timely as it happens!!!!

Thanks for tagging me, I was skipping over this thread. Looks exactly like what I need, too. :)

Which one did you break? I'm not sure how it happened, but since we picked the boat up, the one that was broken was the one on the hatch cover for the cleanout plugs. It's nowhere to be found, but I DO remember them telling me that they left the cleanout plugs out when the salesman first launched the boat prior to our arrival, so my guess is that they busted it clean off when panicking, trying to open that hatch, and it's now sitting at the bottom of Lake Butte des Morts

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Which one did you break? I'm not sure how it happened, but since we picked the boat up, the one that was broken was the one on the hatch cover for the cleanout plugs. It's nowhere to be found, but I DO remember them telling me that they left the cleanout plugs out when the salesman first launched the boat prior to our arrival, so my guess is that they busted it clean off when panicking, trying to open that hatch, and it's now sitting at the bottom of Lake Butte des Morts
On the water, we sucked up a stick or something, then blew it out. Had the wife double-check the cleanouts, since my hands are too big to really get down there well. Usually, I secure them... but she did it this time. Blew the stbd plug as soon as we revved up after no wake area. It shot up and hit the hatch and busted it off. I found it laying in the hatch area. Killed the engines and everything. Was able to keep the hatch closed and safety button depressed with just the port latch, so it wasn't a big deal.

Next time we go out, we'll do another training on how to make sure the plugs are secure. This was probably her first time doing it. :)

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think this is what you are looking for:

That does look right. Same seller has a short and a long one, so now I just gotta measure to make sure I get the right size. Thanks!

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That does look right. Now I just gotta measure to make sure it's the right size. Thanks!
I went ahead and ordered one... so hoping it's right. Lol

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I went ahead and ordered one... so hoping it's right. Lol
Dunno if you've got a different measurement, but mine is 2 1/4", and this will fit. Also ordered. Thanks again, you guys are awesome!

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Dunno if you've got a different measurement, but mine is 2 1/4", and this will fit. Also ordered. Thanks again, you guys are awesome!
I got mine in, but don’t have my boat back yet. Hopefully, before this weekend I’ll get to try it out.

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Now all you need is ...

And it won’t happen again.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Now all you need is ...

And it won’t happen again.
The new boat plugs are twist lock.

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Learn something new every day...

I knew they where different, just didn’t know “how”

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is the first report of a blown plug of the screw-on kind I remember seeing on the site. Hopefully just a fluke. Best of Luck.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
This was not a blown plug.....it wasn't inserted and locked fully. The new twist lock plug is fantastic!

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Same with mine, this was NOT a blown plug. I am guessing as to how they busted my cam latch, but given all the other loose screws and bolts on this that I've been finding, my thought is that the latch wasn't adjusted properly, and when they went to open the hatch( salesman admitted to this not having to clean out plug installed properly), in their Panic while on the water, they were able to easily snap the cam latch

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well... Tomato tomahto...
Accidental Shot, or Negligent Discharge

Blown Plug (from my made up dictionary: )
The plug dislodged at an undesired time after appearing to the operator that all was well earlier.

Point taken that it was due to improper install, which is awesome, and confirms the plugs do very well when used as intended...but it blew...

Last edited: