• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Where do you store dive tanks on board?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am curious where other members store their dive tanks. We plan to rent some in Bimini this year but do not want them bouncing around the boat.

One option is to make a rack that fits on the floor of the boat out of PVC pipe. You could precut the pieces and then store when not in use. Use straps to help keep it in place.

@Bruce 06AR30 on the other site has an awesome setup. Not sure if he is on this site. I Googled yamaha jetboaters scuba setup on yamaha boats. It is a four tank holder that mounts in the table leg holder.

I don't know @Bruce , with about 100 ocean dives under my belt, a dive boat takes a beating. I would keep all the gear outside the boat on the swim deck and fashion a rack that could be secured there. Your entire floor and swim deck are covered in seadek, so anything can damage or put a permanent depression in it. Inside a compartment standing vertically might be the best option but you can't hold more than about 4 tanks easily. They are heavy and setting up in the small confines of our boats would be just more wear and tear than I would want, but precautions certainly could be taken. I have often wondered about such things and any exterior fun such as camping/diving/fishing/etc., I would want another choice. Have you considered buying a zodiac to tow on your adventure? You could have a small dingy with racks installed, carry spare gear, give the kids a boat to paddle around, or could have an outboard on it. Just an thought...

How long can you hold your breathe???? :D

Buy a Brownies third lung!

I am thinking about one of these which is sort of the poor mans equivelant.

image.jpg

We saw some marketing for SNUBA and were thinking about trying it in Bimini this summer. But I can buy that functionally similar unit for the cost of a few hours of SNUBA. The concept of SNUBA is that it is safe for all ages and does not require extensive training since the hose limits you to 20 feet of depth and you do not manage buoyancy. You just have to remember to go up slowly and breathe as you do.

Unless it is a full face mask, the hose will pull on a regulator and make it difficult and uncomfortable in your mouth, depending on where the hose is and the angle to you. I changed rigs a few times and what was a common length HP hose for one regulator just caused a different regulator to rotate uncomfortably in my mouth. Kind of like rental gear, it sucks. If your only going to use it once for an hour, you can live with it. If your going to be using it all week, multiple times a day, making sure it fits well is very important. Training is important because it teaches things that absolutely must be a muscle memory type thing. Even a mistake at 20' can kill you. I have seen outfits teach things on a resort course that were so scary that we left because we didn't want to be there when someone died or embolized. I don't know your level of training or whether you intend to get the kids into this or not, just look at it as a high risk thing. Also, check your life insurance, scuba diving is often excluded. Just some things to consider, because even on some of these more recreational products, things can happen. Not many resort course trained folks survive when things they haven't been trained to recognize happen. Simple things like clearing a mask, can cause complications at 20'. Regulators can free flow too, and HP seals blow all the time. Just things to be aware of. I know there are plenty of "resort courses" out there and probably many have done them. But in foreign countries, they have no liability for your safety, and you don't see the press of their safety record. Scuba diving is fun and I don't want to discount it, but it is a skill too. So get training for anyone that is using your equipment. The training is fun too, get certified!

Back