• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Where have you installed a transducer inside your 2007+ 230 hull?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am considering moving the transducer for my Raymarine Dragonfly 6 inside the hull and in front of the jets. I would prefer a thru hull but do not want to pay Raymarine's crazy markup for the thru hull versions.

I am wondering where I could epoxy the transducer inside the hull.

Thanks for your advice.

Are you having issues with the transducer or just want an upgrade/out of the way?

Are you having issues with the transducer or just want an upgrade/out of the way?

I found the mount to be broken and the transducer wrapped around one of the jets last night. This may have been caused by debris in the lake or my Sister In Law pulling the stern too close to shore while anchored. I suspect the latter.

I may have the parts to repair the mount but was considering other alternatives. I believe that getting it in front of the jets would help with depth readings at speed.

I found the mount to be broken and the transducer wrapped around one of the jets last night. This may have been caused by debris in the lake or my Sister In Law pulling the stern too close to shore while anchored. I suspect the latter.

I may have the parts to repair the mount but was considering other alternatives. I believe that getting it in front of the jets would help with depth readings at speed.
I hate these things hanging on the outside, I switched to through hull several years back and always seems to work better.

I bought my boat from a guy who had about 9 hrs on it but did manage to install a through hull depth finder, which never worked. He had it installed next to the factory bilge pump inside the engine compartment, by cutting a hole through the pseudo-double hull. I would not go for that spot.

Let me know if you want pics, but mine looks the same as Leojay's. The old one was in a cutout - 2inches from the bilge pump.

--

@Bruce or anyone that has the version 6 dragonfly...I have an extension cable if you need it.

Raymarine did a horrid job in letting customers know they changed the "plug" from the 6 to 7. So I bought one last year and it didn't work on my seven (thanks raymarine).

Just pay shipping and it's yours.

For that matter, I also have a http://www.sternmate.com that I opened and never used if anyone is interested in that. I loved the concept, but it didn't really work well on my boat due to the curved transom.

This is what happened to my transducer mount.

image.jpeg

Back