• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Where to get parts no longer for sale?

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hey folks, in the process of purchasing a 2009 212x. It needs a bit of work, and finding OEM new parts is getting harder and harder. I have jet skis currently and there are a few rabid parts hoarders that you can get good used parts from. Is there anything like that in the jetboat community?

Right now it appears the fuel gauge may need replacing. Not quite sure if it's the gauge or the sending unit. Even with the battery set to off it shows a half tank reading. Took it out for a bit of a drive and it never really changed below half, and stayed there even when the boat was off. So guessing that'll need some work.

Same with the bimini top is the one listed in the "parts" diagram the correct one?
https://www.boats.net/catalog/yamaha/boat/2009/212-x-fat1100bh/bimini-top-carpet

It doesn't quite look the same for the wake tower one. However, that may just be the way it looks.

Other than that it has the common throttle syncing issue, ballasts leak(likely at the fittings), and sound deadening is falling off in the engine bay. As well as the trailer brakes are toast, and overall needs some serious TLC. I tend to have champagne taste on a beer budget so most everything I buy needs some fixing. Restored a 96 XP 800 a few years back so I'm not averse to getting my hands dirty and working on things.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey folks, in the process of purchasing a 2009 212x. It needs a bit of work, and finding OEM new parts is getting harder and harder. I have jet skis currently and there are a few rabid parts hoarders that you can get good used parts from. Is there anything like that in the jetboat community?

Right now it appears the fuel gauge may need replacing. Not quite sure if it's the gauge or the sending unit. Even with the battery set to off it shows a half tank reading. Took it out for a bit of a drive and it never really changed below half, and stayed there even when the boat was off. So guessing that'll need some work.

Same with the bimini top is the one listed in the "parts" diagram the correct one?
https://www.boats.net/catalog/yamaha/boat/2009/212-x-fat1100bh/bimini-top-carpet

It doesn't quite look the same for the wake tower one. However, that may just be the way it looks.

Other than that it has the common throttle syncing issue, ballasts leak(likely at the fittings), and sound deadening is falling off in the engine bay. As well as the trailer brakes are toast, and overall needs some serious TLC. I tend to have champagne taste on a beer budget so most everything I buy needs some fixing. Restored a 96 XP 800 a few years back so I'm not averse to getting my hands dirty and working on things.
I would check Babbitt's
https://www.babbittsonline.com/oemparts/l/yam/5003a067f870021f60a11b5d/2009-212-x-fat1100ah-parts

--

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have used Great Lakes Skipper for discontinued parts, here. https://jetboaters.net/threads/07-yamaha-windshield-trim-plug-black-rubber-seal.15306/#post-266353. I also use Babbitts as mentioned above, as well as https://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/oemparts/c/yamaha/parts?gclid=Cj0KCQiA3IPgBRCAARIsABb-iGJ0EDQfuCmbBR4n64l97yPaGPy_g-k9d7kHJkz6rwpjsn6V8L0C1CEaArSvEALw_wcB. I have had good service with all three suppliers.

Edit: here is another source, I have not personally used them. https://www.fpmarine.com/Gauges-s/269.htm

Last edited:

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you end up with something you can't find, in many cases a generic/OEM part will do the same job. I have a KUS fuel gauge that was much less expensive than the Yamaha part I needed replaced, but I had to splice some cables. My gauge got stuck on 3/4. I thought it was the float, but ended up being the gauge that was stuck. (This is rare, 9/10 it's the float that fails, but it can happen.)

Same for some electrical items, such as breakers and switches, that do not have to be Yamaha specific to work.

Best of luck in your search.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
https://www.greatlakesskipper.com/ often has discontinued or overstocked parts.
Thanks I'll keep them in mind as they seem to have a lot of random gauges. I imagine I could find one that didn't look out of place. Already the Speedo isn't working and it's being replaced with a GPS gauge.
If you end up with something you can't find, in many cases a generic/OEM part will do the same job. I have a KUS fuel gauge that was much less expensive than the Yamaha part I needed replaced, but I had to splice some cables. My gauge got stuck on 3/4. I thought it was the float, but ended up being the gauge that was stuck. (This is rare, 9/10 it's the float that fails, but it can happen.)

Same for some electrical items, such as breakers and switches, that do not have to be Yamaha specific to work.

Best of luck in your search.
Good information to have. Been trying to research as much as possible. This forum has been a great wealth of help so far.
Awesome! They actually have a full set of the charcoal canvas. Eventhough it doesn't show the wake tower portion I'm guessing that's fine? Definitely don't want to spend $900 and have to send it back. The 2009 212x didn't come with just a bimini option did it? So that would have to be the right part?

jdjetboater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Where do I look for OEM parts that aren't available at any of these sites; maybe a cross reference site?

Dthorpe

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Unbelievable that Yamaha no longer stocks parts like a fuel gauge or speedometer for a boat only 10 years old.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The demand for those two may be quite low. Aftermarket parts that do the job way better at a lower price are readily available. GPS Speedometer from Faria can be had for around 100. Fuel gauges from $40 and even less.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The demand for those two may be quite low. Aftermarket parts that do the job way better at a lower price are readily available. GPS Speedometer from Faria can be had for around 100. Fuel gauges from $40 and even less.
That's what I went with. My fuel gauge actually checked out ok, my speedo was boogered and replaced with a Faria GPS gauge. Plan to use that spot for the old paddlewheel speedo for a transducer for chartplotter/GPS.

Dthorpe

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It's important to me that my gauges not only fit in the existing holes, but match each other visually. Not sure the aftermarket pieces will do that. I'm going to say that the demand for those parts is high due to a high failure rate, and that they were quickly sold out.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes, sadly you will not be able to accomplish this with new parts from Yamaha, and it's too bad. I did not mean to minimize you plight, but provide some options.

One last suggestion, (other than keep an eye on eBay, but those parts are also old) examine the parts for clues on the original manufacturer. In some cases folks have been able to source important parts no longer in production directly from them.

Best of luck.