1. Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Where to mount underwater LEDs on a 2018 240 or 242

Discussion in 'Yamaha AR240, SX240, 242 Limited / S / X/ E-Series' started by Chris Jordan, Jun 10, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Chris Jordan

Chris Jordan Active Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    Greetings,
    I just about got my new AR240 tweaked the way I like it. Next on my list is to install underwater LED(s). It was super easy to install on my 2010 SX240, right in the center above the drain plug. But the new hull design is not as clear cut for me. Anyone have underwater LEDs installed on a 24' Yamaha with the articulating keel?

2. Chris Jordan

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:

I finally installed the Lumitec Seablaze X underwater LED. Works great!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chris Jordan

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:

• Like Like x 2
  4. RCarlisle

RCarlisle Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    Limited S
    Boat Length:
    I bought two of the Dagon v2 from boatpluglights.com and have yet to install. I would like to put them, one on port and one on starboard side of the transom, but I'm concerned with space. I haven't yet removed the access panel under the swim deck seats as that will require unsealing them. I was hoping someone did this already so I could piggyback their install. A lot of results, but I haven't seen any this way on a 2017 242 s.

I have the service manual and it looks like the exhaust pipes could be in the way. If I can't install the way I want, at least I know I can put a single light above the articulating keel like Chris did!