• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Which do you like better? <iPhone/Droid etc>

I'm due a new phone and was wondering what is your phone of choice and why?

• Total voters

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have been using the Windows 8 phone for awhile now and considering going to either the Android or iPhone. Not that I dislike the Window's phone, just doesn't seem to have the apps that the others do.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Not an apple fan for anything. Kind of like the Ford vs Chevy debate, all are good products just comes down to personal likes and dislikes.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Apple works. I will never own a PC, android, etc again. Love my iMac, iPad, iPhone, iPod. You pay a bit more but they really are simple and easy to use.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Im now a Mac guy. . .after a lifetime of pc.

However, for mobile devices you simply cannot go wrong with the current Samsung lineup on the Android platform. The Galaxy S5 is amazing.

IPhone, IMHO, is too small and no where near as advanced.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@andy07sx230ho I don't like the way Apple holds you hostage on storage....so won't consider buying one until they add memory card expansion and removability. My phone has 96gb of storage, no worries about space! Take all the videos I want, load movies (and watch them on the device or play them on TV!). And if the awesome battery every gets low...just pop a new one in! Wow what a concept!

The squirt gun video I uploaded this week...was much faster to slide the memory card out of my phone, and plug into pc than to transfer.

I do admit I have no experience with Windows Phone....but I'm typing this on an IPAD (work gave me) and wife has gone through a series of iPhones....and I chuckle at the screen size!

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Me, the wife and the kids all have IPhones, iPods and iPads. I love the devices, but can't stand the ICloud storage.

HawkTX

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Apple works. I will never own a PC, android, etc again. Love my iMac, iPad, iPhone, iPod. You pay a bit more but they really are simple and easy to use.
X2

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Oh yeah..forgot another important feature....more than ONE stupid button! If you can use an iPhone a Droid in terms of useability is easier in my opinion. Back/home/menu button is always in the same place - much better UI from that stand point. Beyond the hardware - not much difference as Andy says (but the HW differences are a deal breaker for me)

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I use a Mac, but use Android for my phone and tablets. I can't stand the iPhone. Too small, too locked down (have you ever tried to do actual work on a iPhone like download files, store them, unzip them, send them to someone else, etc?!?!?!?!!?). The android has great keyboard options that can really increase your typing speed as well.

I am a big fan of the current Samsung Galaxy phones, I have the Note 3. The new S5 is water resistant!!

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The one reason I went with the Windows phone, Nokia 820, is because it fits in my pants pocket nicely. You all with the Samsung Galaxy phones, do you just carry them or put them in your pockets??

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The one reason I went with the Windows phone, Nokia 820, is because it fits in my pants pocket nicely. You all with the Samsung Galaxy phones, do you just carry them or put them in your pockets??

Believe it or not the Note 3 fits my pockets. Granted I'm not some hipster with skinny jeans, but it fits. That being said, if I were buying today, I'd get the S5, I don't need the stylus and the extra screen size, while nice, can be a hindrance at times unless you have Shaq sized hands. Basically somethings aren't possible one handed on the Note 3, but it isn't nearly as big a deal as I thought it might be.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It always cracks me up when someone answers their television and puts it to their ear. Some of those phones are huge!! They're probably more advanced than my phone (Its a hand me down from the wife, I think it's a iPhone 5). It Does everything that I need, but it is a bit of a pain typing and having only a little window of script to view above the keyboard. Wait...maybe I do need a bigger screen ;)

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I have a iPhone 4, i guess the main thing I don't like about it is being tied to Apple for all of you apps, music, and media. I think the droid OS gives you more freedom for that kind of stuff. The other thing I don't like and it's a close 2nd is the internally sealed battery in the iPhones, I have not had a problem but I would like to be able to just get a new one if needed..

HawkTX

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It always cracks me up when someone answers their television and puts it to their ear. Some of those phones are huge!! They're probably more advanced than my phone (Its a hand me down from the wife, I think it's a iPhone 5). It Does everything that I need, but it is a bit of a pain typing and having only a little window of script to view above the keyboard. Wait...maybe I do need a bigger screen ;)
Agreed...My brother n law has a SAMSUNG that I swear is just a bit smaller than an iPad mini. Have fun carrying that around. LOL!!!

JDW-

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I write mobile software for a living and have used every phone. Windows Phone is by far my favorite, Android second and apple dead last. I could give you a hundred reasons why WP is better (especially the new 8.1 update) but it sounds like you have made up your mind to switch away from it, so I would go with Android. The GS4 and GS5 are great phones.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
They call them Phablets for a reason…

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@JDW- ... Nope, I'm not completely headed the other way. Just wanted to see what folks were thinking. I do like the Windows format just because that is what I use for home and office computing...is that even a word...I will for sure look at them all before deciding.

robbo3

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We have all apple devices at home and everything just works. I used to have all windows devices, but the putz factor was extremely high and my patience ran low when stuff just didn't work. I've come to realize the more you typically pay for stuff, the lower the putz factor becomes.

@Julian - to get around the storage, I use a cloud storage provider.

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Im dealing with a kid, and some non-technical folks in the circle..... Gotta be the iPhone for ease of use ...Can the Andriod do group chat? GPS phone finder in real time? we use those a lot...