• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Which Stoltz Bow Roller for the 242 Hull?

Nightmare

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Does one of the Stoltz Rollers fit the 242 better than the other?

I have a 2011 242 and the bow has that weird angle just above the Bow Eye. Does anyone know which years have that little bump out? Is it just 2010-2014?

It is right on the line where the gelcoat changed from black to white. it is hard to see in this photo.
Roller1.jpg

My center roller is 3 3/4" wide and spins freely. The trailer is a 2012 galvanized Shorelander.
I can't tell which of these would fit that bump better:
Stoltz Rollers.jpg

I didn't get the boat quite all the way up yesterday.
Roller2.jpg

Daddy Fat Sacs

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The 4” semi-v I feel works best for these hulls. Some will complain that the hardware sticks out too far, we’ve personally never had an issue for over a year now.

Nightmare

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I know someone posted a photo of the metal bracket scratching the hull past the roller. I don't know if they powered up and just crushed it or what. So far I have always used the winch to set the nose.

Daddy Fat Sacs

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I don’t even know how that’s physically possible, you’d have to be loading your boat at a seriously wrong angle and still have the lack of brain power to continue up to that point on your trailer would just be…..we also winch up every time and again have had zero issues. Goodluck

Nightmare

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here is a screen shot from the other post. The 'blade' that holds that roller seems MUCH closer to the edge of the roller material than the factory roller currently on my trailer.
Stoltz Scratch.jpg

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is the one i just purchased. The 4 inch is too tight
Screenshot_20210720-220535_eBay.jpg

Nightmare

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I guess some guys trim the edges off the 4". I think the 4" would be about 1/4" too big for my trailer. Cut 1/8 off each side and it might fit.

LukePrinsloo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
i dont know, the entire front of my boat is jacked up from the stoltz. I'll try take pictures this weekend but i was very much NOT impressed with how it seems to smear all over the bow everytime.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
i dont know, the entire front of my boat is jacked up from the stoltz. I'll try take pictures this weekend but i was very much NOT impressed with how it seems to smear all over the bow everytime.
My 4 inch didn't roll at all so it left the orange marks on the bow. It came off easy though and didn't scratch. Thats why I replaced it with the 3.5 and it rolls nice with no marks

Daddy Fat Sacs

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
My 4 inch didn't roll at all so it left the orange marks on the bow. It came off easy though and didn't scratch. Thats why I replaced it with the 3.5 and it rolls nice with no marks
that means you tightened the bolts too tight.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
that means you tightened the bolts too tight.
Not quite. The 4 inch center roller doesn't fit unless you cut the ends off.
I have owned boats for over 30 years, and i am a highly qualified technician, i know how tight a bow roller needs to be

Daddy Fat Sacs

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
That’s not true either, maybe on certain year trailers but you don’t have to cut it. I didn’t on mine, it rolls np. You cut the roller and can’t get it to roll…..yea highly qualified alright

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That’s not true either, maybe on certain year trailers but you don’t have to cut it. I didn’t on mine, it rolls np. You cut the roller and can’t get it to roll…..yea highly qualified alright
You need to really check yourself. You obviously have no idea about me or my skill set

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Remember some have also taken a board and banged the forks out a bit to widen the mouth.

There are a ton of posts from people about trimming the center 4” roller.