• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Which Tundra suspension, TRD Sport or TRD Off-Road Package?

Impelled

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just wanted feed back from the Tundra owners. I'm getting ready to replace my 2007 Toyota Tundra SR-5 double cab TRD Off-road with basically same truck. Major difference being, I'm going to the Crew Max and I've pretty much talked myself into going with the TRD Sport package over the Off road pkg. I'm hoping the Sport package will give a little edge in ride quality, especially when NOT towing. My current TRD off road is great with weight on it, boat & cargo etc. The ride is much different without weight in it.....I dunno, probably splitting hairs between the setups. I love the alloy spoke wheels that come with the Sport pkg though. Test driving some Friday, but my Jetboater friends have always given great advice. What are your thoughts on the two different packages?

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Just wanted feed back from the Tundra owners. I'm getting ready to replace my 2007 Toyota Tundra SR-5 double cab TRD Off-road with basically same truck. Major difference being, I'm going to the Crew Max and I've pretty much talked myself into going with the TRD Sport package over the Off road pkg. I'm hoping the Sport package will give a little edge in ride quality, especially when NOT towing. My current TRD off road is great with weight on it, boat & cargo etc. The ride is much different without weight in it.....I dunno, probably splitting hairs between the setups. I love the alloy spoke wheels that come with the Sport pkg though. Test driving some Friday, but my Jetboater friends have always given great advice. What are your thoughts on the two different packages?
Just my 2 cents as I am no way an off-road suspension expert. About a year after I had my 14 platinum lifted I asked the mechanic to install stiff off-road springs/ struts. He warned against it saying the ride quality would suffer.. well about 3 months later I came back with my tail between my legs begging him to put the stock springs/ struts back in.. the ride quality driving daily to work really sucked... again just my 2 cents.. good luck either way.ED10E32F-E1E9-4BB2-AF93-9784D6587D24.jpeg

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ride quality from an off road to a sport TRD is almost identical. The sport comes with a rear sway bar, otherwise its mostly an appearance package.
I drive these trucks every day and trust me either will feel similar.

meaningreen

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The ride in my 14 TRD off road is great, not rough at all. I have never driven the TRD Sport, but I did put the rear sway bar kit on mine 2 months ago and the difference in handling was night and day.

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My prior ride was a Lexus and I find the Tundra TRD ride quality fine.

Terrance

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
Hey Impelled. I am a sales consultant for Toyota Canada. The main difference between the off-road and Sport CrewMax, 20 inch rims opposed to 18 inch. Also the faux hood intake. Suspension is the same. It’s mostly cosmetics. Either way Tundra is the best Truck made, by far.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I like the off road packages because they do not have low profile tires and I like to run over curbs and such. If the ride is stiff lower the tire air pressure if you are not towing or hauling a lot.

Impelled

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for your insights! After driving both and taking my time deciding, I'm going Crew Max SR5 TRD Off Road package and NOT the Sport package. Both rides were almost identical but the Columbus pothole test put the Off Road pkg ahead during my test drives. I have to say I've been impressed with my 07 Tundra but it is hitting its 13th season and it's time to go newer.

Impelled

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Final product- 2019 Tundra SR5 CrewMax with blackout package. TRD Off road package-

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Just received the title to my 2014 in the mail today... no more payments... and the wife says no to trading it in... oh well

ahoughtling5

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I drive my 17' SR5 TRD 4x4 daily. Its a truck, designed to do truck things! Yes with a little weight it rides better.

Attachments