• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Who else likes to Travel? (not necessarily boat related)

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Travel is something that I have grown to enjoy over the last several years. I thought it would be cool to have a thread where those of us who have done some traveling to discuss your experiences.
I’ll start… this past January, we visited the Beaches Resort in Turks and Caicos. It was our second time there and the beaches and water are simply amazing. This trip, we chartered a SAN wakeboat for a company called Wake to Wake. Absolutely legit! I think they have 6 boats from G23’s, G25’s and 26’ Custom Axis. It was an awesome experience. Did some wakeboarding, wakesurfing, and jumped off a shipwreck. If you ever make it down there, look them up! It was a little pricey but an unforgettable day.

Hoppy

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
The wife and I love to travel and get the most out of our time off work so I will brag I mean um share...

2023- This fall we are flying from Denver CO to Seattle WA for a 7 day cruise to Alaska and going to stop at the ports of Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan and pass though tracy arm fjord. Also while in Seattle we will visit the space needle, Bill Speidels Underground Tour, and Snoqualmie Falls.

2022- Drove from western Nebraska to New Orleans LA for a 7 day cruise of the Caribbeans visiting Jamaica, The Cayman Islands, and Cosumel. We made a road trip of it stopping along the way to and from at the blue whale of catoosa near Tulsa OK, the Eiffle tower in Paris TX, the USS Kidd in Baton Rouge LA, Oak Alley plantation in LA, The national WW2 museum in New Orleans LA, The Texas Energy Museum in Beaumont TX, The Johnson Space Center / Space center Houston in Houston TX, the Kemah boardwalk on Houston TX, Aggieland Wild Animal Safari in TX, the Twister the Movie Museum in Wakita OK, and the Cosmosphere Museum (US and Soviet air and space museum) in Hutchinson KS. I have also seen Stratica the salt mine in Hutchinson KS also.

2021- Flew from Omaha NE to Orlando FL and spent six days exploring Disney World. While in Florida we also Visited the Kennedy Space Center, swam at Coca Beach, took an air boat tour, spent a day in the everglades and spent a day in the Keys.

2020- Visited some new lakes in Nebraska with the Camper and PWC.

2019- Flew From Denver CO to Honolulu, Hawaii visited Iolani palace, Hanauma bay, waikiki beach, several other beaches for swimming and snorkeling, the polynesian cultural center, the Dole Plantation, and took a few hikes. Then we flew to the big island and toured around it for a few days including South Point the southern most point in the US, Black sand beach, a lava tube, and Volcanoes National Park.

2018- Drove from western Nebraska to the grand canyon with several stops along the way including Carlsbad Caverns National Park in NM, the UFO museum in Roswell NM, a few of the filming locations for Braking Bad in Albuquerque NM, the horseshoe bend in AZ, Lone Rock lake powell UT, Zion national park UT, Brice National Park UT, Arches National Park UT, Canionlands National Park UT, and Hole in the rock Moab UT.

2017- Drove from western Nebraska to Branson MO. In Branson we visited the theam park silver dollar city, watched a Johny Cash show, watched Dolly Partons dixieland stampede, took a scenic railway ride, took a foe paddle boat ride on the river they even let me drive for a while, took a duck boat ride, and looked at Table rock lake.

2016 - Drove from western Nebraska to South Dakota with the Camper in tow I lost the power brake booster on my truck halfway through this trip stopping got fun haha. We saw Mount Rushmore, the Crazy Horse monument, Custer State Park, Big Thunder Gold mine, jeul cave, wind cave, the badlands, toured a minute man 2 missile training silo that is on the air force base in cedar Rapids, visited the minuteman missile national historic site were we toured the Delta-01 Launch Control Facility for ten of the minuteman 2 missiles.

2015- We spent a few days in Fort Robinson state park in Nebraska

2014- We spent a week in Denver CO. We spent a few days at the amusement park there, spent a day at the zoo, spent a day at the aquarium, visited Voodoo Donuts thats a unique place. We also Visited gardens of the gods and pikes peak in Colorado Springs.

2013 - Drove to Yellowstone National Park with the Camper in tow and spent 10 days? seeing the sights.

2012- Flew from Grand Island NE to Los Vagas NV. This was my wife's first time flying and it was a very foggy day, low visibility on the ground, and couldn't see out the plane windows. As we accelerated down the runway I told her the piolet couldn't see out his window either... I thought it was funny. We spent six days exploring the New and old Strip catching the free shows and just looking around. We went to the top of the space needle and Eiffle tower there. We also took a buss ride to the Hoover Dam and did the full tour.

We like and hope to see someplace new every year may it never end.

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We love to travel and have covered a lot of the U.S. and the Caribbean. We toke one trip to Europe a few years ago and are leaving in a month for a another one for about three weeks. We will take a Med. cruise first then several days in Rome and several days in Venice. After that we have almost a week in Germany and will spend a few days in the Alps! Got another trip planning for Key West (we like it down there) and then over to southern Texas around October. Hoping for a trip to the NW which is one place we haven't really seen next year.

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The wife and I love to travel and get the most out of our time off work so I will brag I mean um share...

2023- This fall we are flying from Denver CO to Seattle WA for a 7 day cruise to Alaska and going to stop at the ports of Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan and pass though tracy arm fjord. Also while in Seattle we will visit the space needle, Bill Speidels Underground Tour, and Snoqualmie Falls.

2022- Drove from western Nebraska to New Orleans LA for a 7 day cruise of the Caribbeans visiting Jamaica, The Cayman Islands, and Cosumel. We made a road trip of it stopping along the way to and from at the blue whale of catoosa near Tulsa OK, the Eiffle tower in Paris TX, the USS Kidd in Baton Rouge LA, Oak Alley plantation in LA, The national WW2 museum in New Orleans LA, The Texas Energy Museum in Beaumont TX, The Johnson Space Center / Space center Houston in Houston TX, the Kemah boardwalk on Houston TX, Aggieland Wild Animal Safari in TX, the Twister the Movie Museum in Wakita OK, and the Cosmosphere Museum (US and Soviet air and space museum) in Hutchinson KS. I have also seen Stratica the salt mine in Hutchinson KS also.

2021- Flew from Omaha NE to Orlando FL and spent six days exploring Disney World. While in Florida we also Visited the Kennedy Space Center, swam at Coca Beach, took an air boat tour, spent a day in the everglades and spent a day in the Keys.

2020- Visited some new lakes in Nebraska with the Camper and PWC.

2019- Flew From Denver CO to Honolulu, Hawaii visited Iolani palace, Hanauma bay, waikiki beach, several other beaches for swimming and snorkeling, the polynesian cultural center, the Dole Plantation, and took a few hikes. Then we flew to the big island and toured around it for a few days including South Point the southern most point in the US, Black sand beach, a lava tube, and Volcanoes National Park.

2018- Drove from western Nebraska to the grand canyon with several stops along the way including Carlsbad Caverns National Park in NM, the UFO museum in Roswell NM, a few of the filming locations for Braking Bad in Albuquerque NM, the horseshoe bend in AZ, Lone Rock lake powell UT, Zion national park UT, Brice National Park UT, Arches National Park UT, Canionlands National Park UT, and Hole in the rock Moab UT.

2017- Drove from western Nebraska to Branson MO. In Branson we visited the theam park silver dollar city, watched a Johny Cash show, watched Dolly Partons dixieland stampede, took a scenic railway ride, took a foe paddle boat ride on the river they even let me drive for a while, took a duck boat ride, and looked at Table rock lake.

2016 - Drove from western Nebraska to South Dakota with the Camper in tow I lost the power brake booster on my truck halfway through this trip stopping got fun haha. We saw Mount Rushmore, the Crazy Horse monument, Custer State Park, Big Thunder Gold mine, jeul cave, wind cave, the badlands, toured a minute man 2 missile training silo that is on the air force base in cedar Rapids, visited the minuteman missile national historic site were we toured the Delta-01 Launch Control Facility for ten of the minuteman 2 missiles.

2015- We spent a few days in Fort Robinson state park in Nebraska

2014- We spent a week in Denver CO. We spent a few days at the amusement park there, spent a day at the zoo, spent a day at the aquarium, visited Voodoo Donuts thats a unique place. We also Visited gardens of the gods and pikes peak in Colorado Springs.

2013 - Drove to Yellowstone National Park with the Camper in tow and spent 10 days? seeing the sights.

2012- Flew from Grand Island NE to Los Vagas NV. This was my wife's first time flying and it was a very foggy day, low visibility on the ground, and couldn't see out the plane windows. As we accelerated down the runway I told her the piolet couldn't see out his window either... I thought it was funny. We spent six days exploring the New and old Strip catching the free shows and just looking around. We went to the top of the space needle and Eiffle tower there. We also took a buss ride to the Hoover Dam and did the full tour.

We like and hope to see someplace new every year may it never end.
Now THAT is how it's done. Great trips, great recaps. From NY, we've taken our campers as far north and east as Quebec City and Newfoundland, south into Florida, and west to Yellowstone. This fall we have a six week trip planned that gets us to Lake Tahoe and back, with stops at friends' homes, national parks, and other points of interest along the way. Can't wait. Last week was camping in DC and Baltimore. Early June is a quick trip to Maine.

Hoppy

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
Now THAT is how it's done. Great trips, great recaps. From NY, we've taken our campers as far north and east as Quebec City and Newfoundland, south into Florida, and west to Yellowstone. This fall we have a six week trip planned that gets us to Lake Tahoe and back, with stops at friends' homes, national parks, and other points of interest along the way. Can't wait. Last week was camping in DC and Baltimore. Early June is a quick trip to Maine.
Thank You, my wife is working on making shutterfly photo books for each year for souvenirs we take pictures, collect pressed pennies and T-shits to ware. Sounds like you have a fun trip planned. I want to make a trip to DC don't know when yet.

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thank You, my wife is working on making shutterfly photo books for each year for souvenirs we take pictures, collect pressed pennies and T-shits to ware. Sounds like you have a fun trip planned. I want to make a trip to DC don't know when yet.
Cherry Hill RV Park is just north of DC. REALLY nice campground. A short bus or car ride to the subway stop, and a clean quick subway ride down into the city. All of the museums are free and incredible. And there is an evening bus tour of the monuments that is worth every penny, and leaves right from the campground. Great info about each monument, and a drop off and pick-up at all of the good ones with enough time to walk around, take some pictures, etc.

Sherwood

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Take a cruise or two every year. December cruises is the only way to roll. We used to drive all over creation trying to balance visting all our family. Now a bunch of us get on a boat and really relax .
I been to Ireland, Italy, and Germany and never left the airport many times. I think that sucks.
Been to the Temple of Ur, Iraq where Abraham was born. Walked on the same road as Daniel in Babylon. Been to Kuwait, Qatar, Mexico, Brazil, Honduras, Belize, Got married in the Bahamas.
Headed to Tortola, St Thomas, and Dominican Republic this Dec.
I want to head down the coast from here in the Florida Panhandle to the Everglades by boat when my boys are older .. I think that would be an adventure .

Last edited:

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
After the pandemic I took my computer and started working remote between Brazil and New York. Now I'm in Colombia.

I lived in a small city called Macae in Brazil. It's interesting that I will always have a connection with that city and the Brazilian lifestyle. I will always carry those memories and it's something unique that not many people can experience. I know people who travel a lot and are checking off every country on a list like they know they country. But they have 0 connection with that country. It's very different to stay in a place, know the locals, learn the language, etc. and I will always be grateful for the opportunity to experience these things.

Here's a list of some beautiful places that I visited in Brazil. I'll try to put them in order of importance:

1. Armação dos Búzios (beautiful beaches and resorts, google it)
2. Rio de Janeiro
3. Arraial do Cabo
4. Nova Friburgo
5. Araras
6. Petropolis

It's a shame that a lot of people only visit Rio de Janeiro and never leave the city. But I can say the same about my current city, Medellín Colombia. There's a lot of tourists that come here just for sex tourism and don't make attempts to learn the culture and experience what Colombia has to offer. I've been here for 3 months and I've done my best to immerse myself and make Medellín my city.

There's some very cool places to see and I'll make another list of some places:

1. Comuna 13 (it's important to understand the history of the city)
2. Guatapé
3. Provenza (lots of parties)
4. Cartagena (its a 1 hour flight)

There's a lot of places that I would like to visit, but I'm not in a hurry because my plan is to stay here for a long time. A few years, idk yet. It's been very interesting here because I'm learning Spanish and have really forced myself to go out alone and meet people. I've been invited by colombians to road trips, clubs, dinners, etc. so I've definitely accomplished the goal of immersion in the culture. Now if only I can speak Spanish fluently that would be great lol

I don't know what is my next location. The short term goal is to visit some places in Colombia like Santa Marta and Jardín. I also would like to visit Rio de Janeiro again, but there's romantic places there that I prefer to do with a gf. Also I would like to go do mountain bike trips in the USA and finally see Europe.

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Mco to Msp Delta one to Paris for 1 night the Air France to Barcelona for 5nights bullet train to Madrid for 6night the back to the staes for 3 days and flew to Puerto Rico for 5 nights all this past Feb. Delta one is the way to travel. Perk of being a flyboy.

20230218_105105.jpg20230213_150428.jpg20230210_142039.jpg20230213_150428.jpg

Attachments

Judge

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
I traveled for 30 years for my job and thought I wouldn't want to travel any more..... but the wife wants to travel so......

We have a motorhome and have been going down the Bucket List. The past couple years we have doing trips out west for 2 months late summer / early fall.

This year is the big one...... we are heading to Alaska in the motorhome. We'll leave May 25th and not get back till about Labor Day. Going to be spending 32 days in Alaska and taking a sea plane to Brooks Falls to the see the Bears catch the Salmon. I'm calculating ~15,000 miles in the motorhome and another ~5000 miles sight seeing in the Jeep.

Last May we rented a Power Catamaran with another couple and sailed around the British Virgin Islands for a week on the Boat US Flotilla. Then we headed out west in the motorhome in August and ended up at the Annual Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque in early October. We took a ride in a hot air balloon before the kick-off of the Fiesta. We got up about 10,000 feet or so. Pretty dang cool! I highly recommend catching the Ballon Festival once in your lifetime..... it is quite the spectacle.

Screen Shot 2023-04-12 at 6.42.30 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-04-12 at 6.46.56 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-04-12 at 6.43.40 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-04-12 at 6.46.04 PM.png

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
All of these are awesome! Full disclosure, my wife owns her own travel agency so we have been taking full advantage for the last couple of years. She has done a lot more traveling than me, but we have been able to see quite a few places lately. We just got back from the Dominican last week. Last year we did a Danube River Cruise that started in Budapest, Hungary and ended in Germany. We spent a couple of days in Budapest prior to the cruise and it was by far my favorite city of that trip. We were also able to do Jamaica, Mexico, Bahamas, and Disney for a weekend. This past January we were in Turks and Caicos for the second time. We have a big trip scheduled this summer. We have chartered a Yacht in a Croatia with about 40 friends. Most of which have graduating seniors so it’s kinda a senior trip. We will be spending a couple of nights in Paris prior. Because this is a boat forum, I’ll leave this quick video of us in Turks on the wakeboat charter.

Last edited:

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is a great thread. I am glad I found it. My Wife (Claire) and I love to travel and explore new places and cuisine. When ever she could she would accompany me on my tours. We married in Germany almost 55 years ago and had a blast exploring it and Europe when we could. She and our two children came with me to Korea. Claire had the opportunity to visit Mainland China and Hong Kong and our children the Philippines. Since then we have been traveling ever since taking cruises to Europe, Caribbean, and South America. The Pandemic and a knee operation put a dent into cruising however we are now back at it. This year we will be going to Istanbul for a week and then an eleven day cruise on the Mediterranean, possibly a curse through the Canal and next April the Atlantic crossing from Florida to Rome. In addition to that we also camp mostly on the east cost between Florida and Cape Cod. Oh and one more trip this year and that is to Alaska with my sons to fish for Halibut and Salmon out of Seward and Kodiac.