• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Who has a tower mounted mirror?

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I’ve been looking at tower mounted mirrors as I’m tired of the windshield mounted mirror always being in my line of sight while driving.

I’m looking at BulletLines’ non-articulating mirror/arm combo, but am not sure if it will put the mirror far enough forward as I’ll probably have to mount it higher since I always sit on the bolster while driving.

Does anybody have a tower mirror, if so how high above your sight-line is it when sitting with the bolster flipped up? Pictures are always welcome :)

***Please note I have the older tower/not forward swept.

Thanks!

Chillypilot

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
20170912_103001.jpg Not a 190 but I had the same issuue as you. I have a Rosewell mirror arm mount with Cipa Extreme mirror. I'm pretty happy with the set up. However, I would probably go with the Cipa vision 180 if I were to buy again.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for the quick reply.

How far forward of you is it while you’re sitting up high?

I’ll check out the 180.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have one on my AR230HO tower, from Monster Tower and it has a quick disconnect to remove/stow when not using.
20170724_122745.jpg20170716_150929.jpgCIPA m1c style.

Last edited:

Chillypilot

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think its pretty much above the edge of the window. Maybe slightly forward. If you don't tighten the arm to tight to the tower you can adjust the mirror accordingly to the drivers height and if you are using the bolster.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
View attachment 67679 Not a 190 but I had the same issuue as you. I have a Rosewell mirror arm mount with Cipa Extreme mirror. I'm pretty happy with the set up. However, I would probably go with the Cipa vision 180 if I were to buy again.
180 CIPA is fantastic - as far as quality and field of view - but as @Julian suggested it is a bit of a PIA mounted on the windshield.

--

viper15

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any options other than a windshield mount for the forward swept towers?

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I got an email back from the BulletLines guy and he says the mirror sticks out 10” past where it’s mounted on the tower.

I need to go out to the boat and do some measuring while sitting on the seat, but that may be a couple of days though after I warms up later this week.

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@zipper
How solid is the monster mirror with the quick detach? It would be nice to be able to remove it when not in use, but I’d be worried about it wobbling around.

Last edited:

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@AboveTheBest It is solid, but very adjustable for height and side to side. A hex key will adjust its rigidity. The mount to the tower does not move and the mirror itself does not "jiggle" even at 40+ mph.I mounted it high enough so I can reach under it and over the windshield to reach a fender that I hitch to the base of the tower. Only once did I forget it was there and smack my head on it. I took a few more pics. of it this evening, but not of it's backside.
20180117_163806.jpg 20180117_163901.jpg 20180117_164054.jpg

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for the pictures @zipper.
I think I’m sold on the Monster mirror.

Being able to take it off is a huge plus

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
By the way @zipper, I lived in VT for 10 years before I moved back to Indiana.

I just laugh when people talk about how cold it is here...

John Mcpartland

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wish they'd come up with a tower mount for the 242X vs the windshield mount....I'd love to get a tower (or with the E-Series bimini...a bimini frame mount) mounted mirror!
Samson has one. Im not sure if its on theor website yet, but they used my boat as a model. They didn't finish it until late october so I haven't had it out yet to try it.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

John Mcpartland

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Could you PLEASE post more info when available!
Awesome. Must have.

--
So the last one I had was the largest they made and that sat direcly above my head, that didn't work very well. Scott at Samson made this one about 6-7in longer. Trying it in my driveway seemed to work pretty well but I haven't had it on the water yet. It has a quick release clamp ( you can see in the pic) to move it out of the way, works really good, just a quarter turn of the habdle and move it to the outside and out if the way. Nice feature. The also powdercoated it to match my tower and im going to take my racks in and they are going to powder coat them also. Great company to work with

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So the last one I had was the largest they made and that sat direcly above my head, that didn't work very well. Scott at Samson made this one about 6-7in longer. Trying it in my driveway seemed to work pretty well but I haven't had it on the water yet. It has a quick release clamp ( you can see in the pic) to move it out of the way, works really good, just a quarter turn of the habdle and move it to the outside and out if the way. Nice feature. The also powdercoated it to match my tower and im going to take my racks in and they are going to powder coat them also. Great company to work with
Please let them know there is definitely a market for this arm! I would ideally keep the mirror, CIPA Vision 180 would be impossible to beat, other than the mount.

--

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I’ve been looking at tower mounted mirrors as I’m tired of the windshield mounted mirror always being in my line of sight while driving.

I’m looking at BulletLines’ non-articulating mirror/arm combo, but am not sure if it will put the mirror far enough forward as I’ll probably have to mount it higher since I always sit on the bolster while driving.

Does anybody have a tower mirror, if so how high above your sight-line is it when sitting with the bolster flipped up? Pictures are always welcome :)

***Please note I have the older tower/not forward swept.

Thanks!
Here is what I have on my boat...probably the cheapest solution out there (other than the suction cup POS that comes with the boat). I'm 6'2" and ride sitting on the flip up and can see fine.

P7290050.jpg