• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Who says you can’t Fish and Dive off a Yamaha AR240!!!🐟🔨🤙🏽

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow, what an experience!
Amazed that the whale shark stuck around for so long. Most critters we've met diving tend to scamper after a few minutes at most (with the exception of a black tip shark in the Bahamas that followed us around for a whole tank dive...)
And while we've been thinking of a dive trip to the Caribbean to see whale sharks, we love Hawaii so we just might have to change destinations!
It was such a awesome sight to see and swim with I believe it was a him. He circled the boat for like a half hour giving us all a chance to make drops and cruise and piggyback a ride. I’ll try post the video of the encounter. And if I plan on coming to Hawaii plan to come to Kauai, and we can go dive for sure.🤙🏽

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Amazing trip and an amazing story to tell. If it was me there wouldn’t be any pictures because I’d have been too awe-stricken to take them. Thank you so much for sharing!

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Amazing trip and an amazing story to tell. If it was me there wouldn’t be any pictures because I’d have been too awe-stricken to take them. Thank you so much for sharing!
Mahalo(thank u) @TW Merema for reading my story I know it was a little long, I tried to keep it short, but just had so much to say about a EPIC day. I’m very glad that u enjoyed it and the pics. ALOHA🤙🏽

Steve Risley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Totally Awesome! Being a diver myself, jealous of the Whale Shark picture:winkingthumbsup". We dove in Hawaii (Big Island) and came across a 12-14ft. Tiger Shark. That's been our highlight of diving date.

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Totally Awesome! Being a diver myself, jealous of the Whale Shark picture:winkingthumbsup". We dove in Hawaii (Big Island) and came across a 12-14ft. Tiger Shark. That's been our highlight of diving date.
Aloha @Steve Risley I live on the Island Kauai on the other end of the State. The Big Island has awesome diving, in fact the whole State does lol. Glad u were able to swim with a Tiger, I’ve seen some big ones here too, but not as big as this Whale Shark😮 he was a beautiful beast.🤙🏽

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Aloha here’s some short vids of the encounter. Hope u enjoy🤙🏽

This second clip is unreal!
Thank you for sharing.
My daughters now want to go to Hawaii.

--

jfkraus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Awesome experience, thanks for sharing! I have a friend here in Seattle who dives and spear-fishes for Lingcod. He wants me to take him out into Puget Sound on my 242 LS. I just might now!

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This second clip is unreal!
Thank you for sharing.
My daughters now want to go to Hawaii.

--
Yeah the second clip my friend came over last night and gave it to me. That was of him shooting me on the Whale Shark. So cool I love it. And as for u and ur Ohana(family) coming to HAWAII, do it u have the Hawaiian connection now haha lol.🤙🏽

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Awesome experience, thanks for sharing! I have a friend here in Seattle who dives and spear-fishes for Lingcod. He wants me to take him out into Puget Sound on my 242 LS. I just might now!
Aloha @jfkraus, mahalo(thank u) and that sounds great. I bet he must wear a 7mm suit, water must be really cold. If u take him please post it up would love to read and see pics. Yamaha’s make for a really great dive platform.🤙🏽

nesnah2

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great post and awesome pics!! The whale shark pics are amazing!!🤘

Captain Obvious

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Wow! Outstanding post and pics. I know my heart would be pounding out of my chest swimming next to such a large animal.

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow! Outstanding post and pics. I know my heart would be pounding out of my chest swimming next to such a large animal.
Aloha @Captain Obvious, mahalo(thank u) it was a WOW moment for sure. As for swimming with the Whale Shark, after we assessed the situation by observing it behavior and body gestures. We came to the conclusion that he was comfortable with us and wanted to interact. Then and only then we started making drops to him, always keeping body motions and interaction smooth and steady. Not wanting to spook or provoke the HUGE animal. It was truly amazing and a Blessing to be able to do so.🤙🏽

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's the best post I've ever read on this forum! Thanks so much for sharing your adventure @rkim808
Aloha and Mahalo nui loa(thank u very much) @MrMoose, I take that to heart Mahalo(thank u). I just wanted to share one of the most epic days out on the water for me. One that I will remember for the rest of my life.🤙🏽

Captain Obvious

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Aloha @Captain Obvious, mahalo(thank u) it was a WOW moment for sure. As for swimming with the Whale Shark, after we assessed the situation by observing it behavior and body gestures. We came to the conclusion that he was comfortable with us and wanted to interact. Then and only then we started making drops to him, always keeping body motions and interaction smooth and steady. Not wanting to spook or provoke the HUGE animal. It was truly amazing and a Blessing to be able to do so.🤙🏽
Last night, we booked a trip to Maui. This will be our second trip to HI but my first since getting PADI certified. I'm stoked!