• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Who uses the most forward seats in their 240 series YJB?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm just curious since I recall that Yamaha really hyped these "jumper" (?) seats (I.e., the seats that are created when the very front seat bottom cushions are removed and the back rest / arm rest attached and stored under the other forward cushion is deployed) when the hull was introduced in 2010.

I thought they were cool back then but have rarely used them in almost two years now.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My kids love those cushions. I am always switching them for rumble, rumble no backrest, flat lounger, backrest lounger, bow filler different combos, you name it and they want it.

I think once they grow up a bit those cushions will live in the flat or flat with leg rest mode.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
photo 1.JPG
I don't have the rumble seats but I don't think I'd use them much, my boy sits like this most of the time.

woodard1983

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
our kids do the same...they haven't even seen titanic, but every time the waters smooth they are up there w/their hands flying all over!!

Cory

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Never touched those seats

motorboater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'd rather have a better step in that area for entering from the dock without stepping on the seats.

Sacamano

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I removed the 'leg rest' portion of the cushions. Never used them and they got in the way in the storage area.

motorboater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Threw those away last year

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm thinking about doing the same.

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The rumble seats are best when you have a full house. Lets you use those front seats without everyone bumping knees.

Addicted

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I removed the "leg rest" portion as well. We never use it and I wanted the extra storage space below it. I like having the very front cushion out of there as well, because I don't need the extra seating space, and it is nice to have that area to use for getting in and out at the dock. But with that front cushion removed, the one just behind it does not stay in place when someone is sitting there. It shifts forward.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I am pretty sure I would never use the rumble seats if I ever do get another boat. I do like the idea of a removable center forward cushion that is reversible, so it is in step mode when you leave the boat and come back to it...and just "flip" to put in seat mode. That would make entry/exit from the bow much nicer. I think that it is a huge loss of storage having the rumble seat feature and would like to see that disappear or at least be some sort of option instead of all boats having it. When I ran lights and other improvements on the Nauti Dawg, it was nice to be able to run cable around from the helm to the other side of the bow. Any of you guys with the 240/242 find that hard now that the rumble seat floor is blocking more immediate access around the front?

Addicted

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am pretty sure I would never use the rumble seats if I ever do get another boat. I do like the idea of a removable center forward cushion that is reversible, so it is in step mode when you leave the boat and come back to it...and just "flip" to put in seat mode. That would make entry/exit from the bow much nicer. I think that it is a huge loss of storage having the rumble seat feature and would like to see that disappear or at least be some sort of option instead of all boats having it. When I ran lights and other improvements on the Nauti Dawg, it was nice to be able to run cable around from the helm to the other side of the bow. Any of you guys with the 240/242 find that hard now that the rumble seat floor is blocking more immediate access around the front?
There is still a fair amount of access there around the front. I was easily able to access the area to run speaker wires through there. You can push up as far as you can reach from the storage area, then reach in through the anchor locker to grab it.

As we approach the dock, my wife pulls that front cushion and stands there with a dock line in her hand. It does make for nice access in and out. Keeps people from stepping on a cushion. It would just be nice if you could leave those two cushions out completely, and still have the middle cushions secure.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
As we approach the dock, my wife pulls that front cushion and stands there with a dock line in her hand. It does make for nice access in and out. Keeps people from stepping on a cushion. It would just be nice if you could leave those two cushions out completely, and still have the middle cushions secure.
What do you mean regarding leaving the two cushions out and still have middle cushions? Are you talking about the side front cushions that cover the rumble seat footwell? As far as the step entrance, I guess you just pull the seat cushion over the step and lay it on the seats for enter/exit? And then replace after your in the boat? That is what I was saying if it just flipped over to have a hydroturf step on one side and the cushion on the other...that would be great! How about a mod? @JetBoatPilot !

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The factory adds hydro turf on the under side of the filler cushions. We could easily add the same material cut to match the shape of older PVC Style substrates. The newer cushions are made from starboard which glue will not stick to.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So our newly acquired 242LS has the rumble seat cushions, but the snaps seem to have been ripped out. How were those cushions attached in place? I was assuming the opposite gender snap was probably on the bottom side of one of the seat cushions.

I'm thinking I will be using those snap in cushions as a replacement for the seat bolster in the captains chair that was broken off. Sounds like good use for these cushion while towing.

Thanks everyone!

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
They were actually screwed in as a permanent mount. I would think a fender washer and a larger screw would fix the problem if the straps are still connected to the rumble seat cushion.