• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Whole Boat LED install

TechRider

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length

Cory

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Not finished yet, but I'm working on it right now.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Holy crap!!! That is going to be some cash. I think I might have 75 bucks maybe in my whole boat RGB install.

TechRider

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
You get quite a bit discounted when you go through a dealer :) I like Wet Sounds products and quality.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I seen the price on some of there RGB Leds, no question on the quality though. Top of the line for sure.

Belleville_Boater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Anyone have pics of their RGB Led setups? I would love to see them for some ideas.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm in process of install. Got all my stuff from superbrightleds.com

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Mines basic. Every cup holder and on back transom. I like the indirect lighting.

20140614_215049.jpg

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
If you look closely at this video I put together last year, youll see the LED'S in my AR240 (same layout as yours). You may have to watch it on a computer and not a mobile device. I think I may have a total of $100 in my setup.

Time Well Wasted June/July:

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
And another......

AR240 RGB LED install:

morgro269

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

morgro269

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Bousbous55

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
image.jpg image.jpg

Kross

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Woe!!!!! Bousbous55: can we get a list/howto!!? links to order?
that is awesome man, i'm in. I'll order tomorrow.

Belleville_Boater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Awesome setups guys thanks, great ideas! Love the idea of doing all the cupholders, very smart. Tech question.... When you buy a roll of the RGB strips and cut it how do you wire the next strip? Is there clip on connector wires for that or do you have to solder new wires on to each piece, been looking online but haven't had much luck finding videos on these that I would say I can trust.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
There are quick connects you can buy, but I can't seem to locate them on superbrightleds.com

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
You can use quick connects, but in the marine environment, you are going to have problems, it is just a matter of time. If you can solder, you can save all the hassle down the road. Just solder, heat shrink, and be done with it. Basically, no matter what kind of setup you do for an RGB lighting, your going to run a lead all the way around the boat. If it is extensive with lighting, then run two, one in each direction from your helm compartment. Then, just tap onto it for each separate leg that goes to a light. If you have 2 or 3 lights running from a particular place, just join them all to the main trunk together. Just keep all the reds on reds, blues on blue, greens on green, and white is the control wire. You can easily do the entire boat for less than $100 if you do it yourself. If you pay one of the LED providers, you will have over $100 in connectors alone...and get to fix the again later. The real bummer, is when they quit, you won't know which of the 35 connectors failed, without serious troubleshooting. This is easy guys, but taking an easy way out up front may create some issues for you in the future. You have MUCH more to consider in a boat than in a car or motorcycle, and these light connectors were designed for interior applications more than even a vehicle. I get that it is a bigger project to use solder joints, but it is permanent, those connecters aren't. You have moisture and vibration. I just had a trailer light issue on my utility trailer today, a fairly new trailer. The pigtail that hooked to my 4 pin connector on the truck had a fault in it. The 4 pin connector on the end of the pigtail was "scotch locks" for all 4 connections in the pigtail! I stopped at U-haul to get them to troubleshoot because I wasn't at home. The tech told me that the most problematic trailer wiring issue they faced was temporary hookups like that. I bought a new pigtail connector with a wiring lead. Took it home and cut it off with about 4" of wire out of it. I cut the existing trailer connector that contained scotch locks off and soldered and heat shrinked the wiring and contained it back inside the wire loom. That will never give me another issue. Here are a few pics of the Nauti Dawg, I have yet to add them to the Blue Yonder, but when I do, I will add them in the cupholders, not outside where they blind me. And I will not be adding speaker rings. For the same reason, just too bright. LED's make great indirect lights, but the reason they are using them for highlights and eyebrows is that they are F'ing bright! Too bright IMO, to be viewed directly. Anyway, ain't it great we all have the ability to choose what we want and no one has the right to tell us otherwise. So that said, I offer my opinion, but you can certainly do it however you want. On to the pics!DSCN2234.JPG DSCN2235.JPG DSCN2233.JPG DSCN2193.JPG DSCN2189.JPG

Bousbous55

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length