• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Why are those in there? Screws in jet pump.

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I pulled my port pump to work on the new transducer install and noticed these screws deep in the same holes for the four main pump bolts. The holes in the transom plate terminate into the intake plate/duct with no holes and the screws were just loose in there. I see no reason for them and curious if anyone else ever saw this.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Yamaha bonus hardware never makes sense

They provide the "baby rattle effect" to enhance the sound of your engines!

I would guess that they hold the pump plate in place while they line things up in the assembly process. But that's just a guess.

The "baby rattle" comment was very close; but for a different reason. Turns out a little helper (my youngest daughter) helped herself to the removed hardware and started sticking fasteners in holes. I realized it this morning when I remembered her trying to stick one of the bolts in a hole. What I didn't know was she had already been at work before that!

Would love to see that on video. "Close your eyes dad". " now open". She will be a great first mate in up coming years.

That's hilarious!

That's awesome....If you get to the cleanout plug holes and find stuffed animals, those are not Yamaha accessories!

Better make sure she doesnt take it apart when you are not looking!

That's a good one!!!

Haha! Great one! Glad you figured it out fairly soon.

My son used to enjoy hiding my car keys in the morning when he was about 2 years old... :rage:;):D

That is classic. My kids are just getting to the age where I can completely relate.
They can be like little ninjas. So quick and stealthy. Don't be fooled by their 'innocence'.

Great story! You just have to love the kids for stuff like that! Stories that you will tell for years!

That is classic. My kids are just getting to the age where I can completely relate.
They can be like little ninjas. So quick and stealthy. Don't be fooled by their 'innocence'.

Your post reminded me of another similar caper from one of my then-toddler kids:

I had a fairly new surround sound system that I proudly showed off to visitors. One day, I noticed an odd sound coming from one of the rear satellite speakers which was mounted on a stand that was maybe 28" tall.
The sound was intermittent and irritated me to no end, but - of course - my wife never heard it and gave me the usual spousal feedback on being a perfectionist/prepping her for new speakers/etc.

One day, I had enough and carefully pulled the terminal box from the speaker back to allow me to inspect the inside of the speaker box. Carefully probing through some batting, I found first one then two and finally three loose objects.
After a total of about 75 minutes of work I eventually liberated two Lego blocks and a small plastic pony body part that had been inserted into the speaker via the port by tiny hands. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
My daughter was very apologetic and promised to never do such a thing again (she proved to be good to her word.)

I was happy to have the problem solved but was thrilled to be vindicated that I was not just hearing things. :D:D:D

Sometimes, not often, but sometimes, I really miss the days when my kids were that age. To those JBNers out there in that stage - soak it all in, it goes fast.

@GTBRMC that one had me laughing!!!

Your post reminded me of another similar caper from one of my then-toddler kids:

I had a fairly new surround sound system that I proudly showed off to visitors. One day, I noticed an odd sound coming from one of the rear satellite speakers which was mounted on a stand that was maybe 28" tall.
The sound was intermittent and irritated me to no end, but - of course - my wife never heard it and gave me the usual spousal feedback on being a perfectionist/prepping her for new speakers/etc.

One day, I had enough and carefully pulled the terminal box from the speaker back to allow me to inspect the inside of the speaker box. Carefully probing through some batting, I found first one then two and finally three loose objects.
After a total of about 75 minutes of work I eventually liberated two Lego blocks and a small plastic pony body part that had been inserted into the speaker via the port by tiny hands. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
My daughter was very apologetic and promised to never do such a thing again (she proved to be good to her word.)

I was happy to have the problem solved but was thrilled to be vindicated that I was not just hearing things. :D:D:D

Sometimes, not often, but sometimes, I really miss the days when my kids were that age. To those JBNers out there in that stage - soak it all in, it goes fast.

That is funny! One of my nephews did the same thing to my parents when he was a toddler. My step-father had just got a new Bose base and was showing it off to all the family as they arrived (much to my mothers displeasure). But as the night went on we were hearing a weird buzzing and rattling sound that we finally figured out was coming from the base unit. My step-father was getting really upset thinking that his new base had a blown speaker or loose part inside it. Finally someone noticed my nephew trying to reach his hand into the hole into the base unit and being really upset. When we finally got him to tell us what was wrong we discovered that he was really upset because his little bag or rocks he had spent the day collecting were all gone because they were all in the speaker! It has been about 20 years and I think there is still one rock in that speaker that we never could get out.

Back