• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Why I finally updated my User Profile.....

Nice! Bet you can't wait to get her on the water!

SAWEEEEET!! Very nice Sir! hope your winter goes quick so you can get out on the water!

Nice! Bet you can't wait to get her on the water!
So much so that I did take her out today for a little (enough to complete the break in).

Fellow jetboaters.net member, @buckbuck came out with me as we followed mother Yamaha's break in directions. The boat is nice. Overall Yamaha did a really nice job. Jim used the words, "This just feels like a mature boat." I said that it just feels "stout". The boat feels bigger than previous years. I don't know what it is but it does.

Here are a few observations:

I think the fit and finish is getting better. Our boat does have a lot of glue residue that I will have to remove this weekend, but nothing too bad.

The Quiet Cruise system rocks! At any RPM I could have a normal conversation with Jim. It is quieter than 95% of the boats I know.

The Articulating Keel does work. It makes it feel more like a stern drive boat and it keeps it stable when crossing another boats wake. Yes, it does not slide as before when whipping a 180, so spinning is out, but it turns smoothly and controlled and doesn't lose much speed in the turn.

Throttles are very sensitive and don't slip back. I am comparing it to what I use to own, which was before drive by wire, so that probably existed before.

The Connext System is very easy to use.

Bluetooth connection to the stereo rocks! I was able to easily pair my phone to the boat and play music from my phone with no cables! Yeah!

The tower is very easy to take down and put up, but it is a 2 man job.

The hinged seats are excellent, although, I wish there was some type of bushing to prevent them from slamming if you let go of them while closing. They do stay in the open and upright position. I am talking about when closing them.

The trailer is much better than the MFI trailer, but it doesn't come with radials which was surprising. And the tongue on the trailer is much shorter, so I cannot open the rear tailgate on either of our SUVs all the way. I also like the fact that the trailer comes with Boat Buckles but I prefer the style I upgraded to on my last trailer. I have already gotten use to these though. They just needed some use to loosen up.

Last edited:
Congrats! I do love the grey!

By the way...I removed 16 stickers today. 16! And yes, Yamaha still cares about my rectum and other body cavities.

I love your boat and am looking forward to more posts just like this. Thank you for informing the envious! Oh, and more pics please!!!

I love your boat and am looking forward to more posts just like this. Thank you for informing the envious! Oh, and more pics please!!!
Thanks, @buckbuck took a lot of pictures. I imagine he will post a few in the next couple days.

Reactions: 007
SAWEEEEET!! Very nice Sir! hope your winter goes quick so you can get out on the water!
Yeah. I wanted to purchase in the Spring, but we were not sure how readily available the Suede Grey would be then. Now, we just get to anxiously await spring and pay for storage. Oh well. It's a small price to pay for (my wife's) satisfaction.

First off, Congratulations!

One of my wet storage compartment doors does not latch as well as the other.

How does it not latch well? Is it that maybe the latch needs to be adjusted?

My bow docking lights do not currently work. As a matter of fact, the button to turn it on from within Connext, does not display, but I believe there is a fuse blown somewhere. The dealer will hunt that down in a few weeks after I am done for the season.

The tower LEDs do not currently work, but again, I believe there is a fuse blown somewhere. The dealer will hunt that down as well.

I will look into what would cause this tomorrow at work and let you know.

When turning the key (ignition) to the off position, the bow navigation light and the anchor lights turned off as well. If I pressed the lights button while it was off, the connext system did turn on and the nav lights could be turned back on. That was not expected behavior. If I stop the boat and want to anchor and hang out, the lights should not go out and then force me to turn them back on.

I believe you are correct. Once you turn the key off the lights will turn off. You would than have to turn them back on. It does seem odd that it would function that way. Although I haven't really looked into this, I will check this out as well.

I didn't open mine up yet, but as it breaks in you should see the speed climb. I had the one in Miami going 50mph.

Last edited:
How does it latch well?
Thanks for checking on some of these items for me. I greatly appreciate it.

The Seat back on the port side swim platform closes and you can hear an audible click. Then if you try to open it up, you can feel some resistance. However the resistance on the starboard side is very slight. As a matter of fact, when you close it, you can feel it click but release when you let go. It does not pop open, but it definitely not like the port side.

The Seat back on the port side swim platform closes and you can hear an audible click. Then if you try to open it up, you can feel some resistance. However the resistance on the starboard side is very slight. As a matter of fact, when you close it, you can feel it click but release when you let go. It does not pop open, but it definitely not like the port side.

It might be something that you just let run its course. That or see if your dealer can replace the latch under warranty if you think it's bad enough.

Congratulations! She is beautiful. :thumbsup:

Earlier this evening I was showing my wife one @Williamsone46 's photos. She said it looked like a more "serious" boat. She also liked the lack of splashy decal graphics on the hull (yet, for some reason, won't let me peel ours off).

Looking forward to more field reports.

Oh, and of course, let the mods begin! :D

Big CONGRATS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Making many of us quote jealous !

Am enjoying your write up about "things" on the boat. Sincerely hope this continues from you.
Enjoy your new toy - It looks FABULOUS ! Mikey Lulejian Lake Oconee, GA

Last edited:
A big congrats to @OperationROL and @OperationROL's Wife ! So happy for you two and look forward to a ride on that beauty of a boat! A new boat and a happy wife = life is good! :winkingthumbsup"

One of my wet storage compartment doors does not latch as well as the other.
No issue here
My bow docking lights do not currently work. As a matter of fact, the button to turn it on from within Connext, does not display, but I believe there is a fuse blown somewhere. The dealer will hunt that down in a few weeks after I am done for the season.
Mine was used at the local boat show indoors, they had her lit up, so no issues here
The tower LEDs do not currently work, but again, I believe there is a fuse blown somewhere. The dealer will hunt that down as well.
same as above, no issues upon delivery
I am unsure how NoWake mode and Cruise assist really are suppose to work. I found a couple times I was trying to take the boat out of NoWake mode and couldn't. I just kept pressing the minus sign to reduce speed.
did you try pressing the 'Cancel' button? I think that's how I did it.
The boat buckles work a little different from the ones I had on my last trailer. I don't like these as much as the last ones. I will get use to them though.
My first boat, so nothing to compare against
When turning the key (ignition) to the off position, the bow navigation light and the anchor lights turned off as well. If I pressed the lights button while it was off, the connext system did turn on and the nav lights could be turned back on. That was not expected behavior. If I stop the boat and want to anchor and hang out, the lights should not go out and then force me to turn them back on.
when I want to shutdown, I turn off engine 1, then turn the key back to the 'On' position. I do the same to engine 2. This way, there is no break in the system, and Connext doesn't blink or bat an eye. Not sure if this is the recommended procedure, but it's the one I have been using...
And the number 1 issue......It only ran 44 MPH. Hopefully that was a factor of the strong winds that blew in by the time we could open her up or the engines need a little more breaking in.
I hit 45 2 weeks ago in Crystal river and 46 this past weekend in Clearwater. Haven't had the best conditions yet for a straight up speed test. Always with 4-6 passengers and a full tank of fuel. I also haven't done any hard turning yet, but that's because of the little ones..

I will add that it appears all 2015's with Connext are having the Connext SPU (Signal processing unit, back by the cooler I believe) swapped out. I don't know why, mine worked just fine, but it's a 20 minute swap at the dealer. They were hoping to have it done before delivery, but the part didn't arrive in time.

What a great looking boat!
The Suede Grey is a beautiful color and I like the lack of glitzy graphics.
I'm sure you will have many hours of fun and sun with her!

With the addition of the rudder system Yamaha may have created a "better mousetrap" but one of the things I enjoy about these boats is the balls to the wall jet boat handling at high speeds. Are we ready for more "mature" boats?

Anyways, congrats and enjoy your new toy!

Back