• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Boat WI 2017 Yamaha 242x - Craigslist post

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Saw this on Craigslist in Milwaukee and if it's legit it sounds like a great deal. I do not know this person or am connected to the sale in any way - just a public service announcement if anyone is looking.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I agree but there is more info in the listing than what I normally see with scams. Definitely buyer beware.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
KY registered
Good catch!! Looking more like a scam unless they moved here recently.

I'm gonna bite and send an email - stay tuned. :)

jamesk

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
50% of the listings on craigslist around me seem fake right now.
Most the prices are really low and the descriptions are odd.
They seem to copy material from marketing info, like handles rough water well.
Easy to maneuver at idle speed? OK sounds good.

IvanRZB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Keep us posted, it does seem super sketchy. Either there's some major problem with it, or some kind of scam?

Flowing

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've been looking for a Yamaha boat for a while and all the CL stuff has been scams. I dont get the angle either. You email them and they want to get off the CL relay so they ask for your email.... which of course is the sign that its a scam.

IvanRZB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've been looking for a Yamaha boat for a while and all the CL stuff has been scams. I dont get the angle either. You email them and they want to get off the CL relay so they ask for your email.... which of course is the sign that its a scam.
The couple I've run into wanted cash up front for some kind of BS shipping, that was in cases I was selling something. Maybe they'll want a deposit to "hold it" for you?

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
i asked why the boat was registered in Kentucky and how many hours were on the engines, no reply yet. :)

hollandca12

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
That's a scam.... that boat was posted online back in the fall on boat trader.

chester2008

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I message the seller a few weeks ago and he finally replied saying that my email went to spam. Asked for my email but I never heard back. I'm buying another boat anyway but the deal was too good not to try. Seems pretty suspicious.

906Tony

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m pretty sure I’ve seen those photos last fall as well. Defiantly to good to be true, especially in this “sellers market” for boats.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Finally got an email reply and wants my email “to send more pictures”. Definite scam.

johhnyboat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
beware of these craiglist scams. They say "I'm posting for my sister or my aunt" or some such nonsense. "I don't know much about it...."
They are fishing for deposits.

scobrn

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I bit on a similar ad. The seller was in Oregon, but the boat was listed in TN. They told me they were moving out of the county and the boat was with the shipper ready to be shipped to me if I made a deposit. If I didn't like the boat I could return it at no cost. SCAM

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Craigslist now has the linked post marked "flagged for removal"

Waterbuda2

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
When the add came up I tried to email the guy but no luck, so I drove to the area craigslist showed on the map and was not able to find the house or boat. It is a scam. I did just snag a 2016 Limited with warranty until next year. I am picking up this weekend. Driving to Florida to pick it up.

gkallevig

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
For suspiciously low priced deals on CL, I'll copy the first sentence or three of the description and then paste into Google search. Many times the boat will come up on a different site, same pics and description, but with a different price.