• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Will SX195 fit in 19'6" deep garage?

probee773

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey Guys, I'm about to pull the trigger on a 2017 SX195, but ran into a snag that might be a deal breaker. I measured my garage, and it's 19'6" X 19'6". However, on the Yamaha website, it says the SX195 and trailer with tongue folded is 20'1". Is this measurement accurate? Is there any way to get this boat in my garage? I know I could put it in at an angle, but my wife wants to keep space for her car, and I can't blame her.

WildBillF1

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I have a SX192. The garage is 18'6" x 18'6" and the boat fits in there diagonally with the tongue folded, it's a tight fit with a couple inches to spare.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sadly I've found the Yamaha specifications for our boats concerning measurements to be off, so I would not take them as fact.

I measured my boat (same hull as SX195) yesterday for someone on here and from rear of swim platform to front of folded tongue I'm at 19'1". It should fit in your garage.

probee773

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That is great news, thanks haknslash! I'm looking forward to joining the Yamaha party! :winkingthumbsup"

SAGERFLY

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
19' even if I remember right. Literally millimeters to spare.

Attachments

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
might have to adjust the bow stop depending on how it was setup from the dealer (before & after picture)

I fit my old one like the guys above. now that I have a bigger boat, the truck sits in there exactly like that with an inch to spare lol

probee773

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Still trying to find a black and gray sx195 in stock and for the best price. In the meantime, how tall are these boats on the trailer? Garage is 7' at the door, but yamaha website says 7'1".

If 7'1" is accurate, I'm thinking I could back the boat in partially, unhitch the trailer, crank the trailer down, and finish pushing her in by hand?

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@probee773 my local dealer volunteered to drive the boat at my garage and make sure it will fit. Maybe they can do the same for you.
In terms of height I am sure it will pass through. I was almost able to fit a Sx240 on my 7 foot garage door. Faily by 3-4 inches.

Chuckbig

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You could get a drop hitch and make this work as well.

probee773

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I put a deposit down on a suede gray beauty today. Planning on picking her up on Monday! Thanks for all of your help guys! I will post pics when I can. :D

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Still trying to find a black and gray sx195 in stock and for the best price. In the meantime, how tall are these boats on the trailer? Garage is 7' at the door, but yamaha website says 7'1".

If 7'1" is accurate, I'm thinking I could back the boat in partially, unhitch the trailer, crank the trailer down, and finish pushing her in by hand?
It should fit fine. Yamaha website isn't the most reliable for dimensions. My 192 fits in my garage that is 83" and I lower my tower inside the cockpit making it basically the same height as an SX model.

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I looked at all the dimensions for the boat and then measured my garage - I never measured the boat. WILL NOT FIT, but one day I was cleaning the garage and decided to see how close I was. IT FIT! no fiddling or mods needed.

probee773

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yep, she fits just fine...with a couple inches to spare!

Been out with her twice now, what a blast!! I've racked up a grand total of 8.3 hours so far. Plan on doing the 10 hour service after my next time on the water. Off to a great start!! :D

Paul W

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yep, she fits just fine...with a couple inches to spare!

Been out with her twice now, what a blast!! I've racked up a grand total of 8.3 hours so far. Plan on doing the 10 hour service after my next time on the water. Off to a great start!! :D
What is the height of your garage door? I'm picking up my SX195 that they assured me would fit my 7 ft garage door. Hope and a prayer!

probee773

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What is the height of your garage door? I'm picking up my SX195 that they assured me would fit my 7 ft garage door. Hope and a prayer!
My garage is 7 feet high so you should be good! Enjoy your new boat!

Jonnyspeed

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This post is a lifesaver! I have a garage that is 19'7" from door to wall straight in. I've been searching for years to find a boat that would fit the space and the needs of the family. I need it to go straight in as I have my sports car on the other side and we need to get to things like garbage cans, snowblowers, etc. without moving the boat! I too looked at the Yamaha specs and dismissed the 192/195. If you guys are right and this boat is really 19'1" from tip of trailer (tongue open) to back of swim platform I am going to be the happy person around! I will literally run to my Yamaha dealer to buy one!!! Someone please confirm again that this is true. I can't wait to tell my wife. We have the Cleveland boat show coming up in Jan. and I'll be taking a tape measure with me for sure :) Thanks!

probee773

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This post is a lifesaver! I have a garage that is 19'7" from door to wall straight in. I've been searching for years to find a boat that would fit the space and the needs of the family. I need it to go straight in as I have my sports car on the other side and we need to get to things like garbage cans, snowblowers, etc. without moving the boat! I too looked at the Yamaha specs and dismissed the 192/195. If you guys are right and this boat is really 19'1" from tip of trailer (tongue open) to back of swim platform I am going to be the happy person around! I will literally run to my Yamaha dealer to buy one!!! Someone please confirm again that this is true. I can't wait to tell my wife. We have the Cleveland boat show coming up in Jan. and I'll be taking a tape measure with me for sure :) Thanks!
Confirmed! But if you don't believe me... ;-) Take your tape measure to the dealership when you go to look! Good luck!

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am sure it will fit, originally I was equally disbelieving. My dealer was willing to bring the boat to my garage to try it out. I would expect your dealer to the same.

Full disclaimer: I ended up buying highly modified 24 footer for the price of a new sx190. Before you jump the gun please take look at the classified section. It might be worth stepping up to bigger boat and figure out the storage. Especially, if you think doing the bimini run is something that appeals to you.

https://jetboaters.net/forums/classified-ads.22/

here are couple of them to think about

https://jetboaters.net/threads/2016-yamaha-sx190-jet-boat-and-covered-wet-slip-belmont-mclean-lake-wylie-sc.16037/
https://jetboaters.net/threads/2014-ar192-for-sale-24-500-san-antonio.16015/
https://jetboaters.net/threads/loaded-2010-ar240-for-sale-30k.15953/

here is a Bimini discussion from last July
https://jetboaters.net/threads/jetboaters-net-bimini-fling-july-10th-to-15th-2017.11966/

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If you guys are right and this boat is really 19'1" from tip of trailer (tongue open) to back of swim platform I am going to be the happy person around!..... Someone please confirm again that this is true.
Well the pics I posted earlier in the thread should be enough proof for you lol. If not measure them at the boat show but I'm sure you'll find it will indeed be less than the depth on your garage. It will be a tight fit but the boat will get in there.

JHall

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm glad to see these measurements... maybe. I measured my garage, I am exactly 19' from the wall to the door track. With the door down, I gain about 3/4-1". Picking up boat on Saturday, so we'll see. My 18'6 bass boat will only fit if I back it in diagonal and shove one corner about 3" in to the drywall. But it doesn't have a swingaway tongue, and has an outboard as well. Picking up a 2015 AR192 with 10 hours and factory warranty until 2021 for considerably less than a new 195.